Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
In the middle of the Nevada desert many years ago, a sculptural artist named Michael Heizer began moving around massive amounts of earth and clay.

Over fifty years later, his life's work is complete: the single largest sculptural work of art ever conceived. I have been waiting over a decade for the chance to see this masterpiece; finding out today that it was finally finished - insomuch as such a work could ever be "finished" - was akin to finding out that Jesus had risen again. I openly wept.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/08/19/arts/design/michael-heizer-city.html?auth=login-google1tap&login=google1tap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
paywall sites can suck the steaming hot liquid poo poo directly out of my own rear end in a top hat OP

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

He forgot the roads and buildings. Rookie mistake.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Well I think it’s pretty neat and appreciate hearing about it

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

that is cool as poo poo

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Never trust an artist who calls his own work a masterpiece. I'm not impressed neither by the design nor the scale. It looks like a really boring skatepark. He should probably just have hired a Chinese construction company. They would have finished this project in a week.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I think I played that level in Race The Sun

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I also thought it was a skatepark

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
What's the article say OP? How big is the thing,, ,so far not impressed by the content

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BoldFace posted:

Never trust an artist who calls his own work a masterpiece. I'm not impressed neither by the design nor the scale. It looks like a really boring skatepark. He should probably just have hired a Chinese construction company. They would have finished this project in a week.

shut the gently caress up

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Countdown to someone spray painting a dick on it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AKZ posted:

Countdown to someone spray painting a dick on it

Now this I'd like to see

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
The most moving part for me, personally, is the triangles.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

I also thought it was a skatepark

Bit rough looking. You'd need a lot of wax.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
..you didn't need to get personal :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Self care is important for wellbeing.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it looks like a good level for one of those games that's all about just crashing cars. like beamng.drive

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The Rush series for the N64 were pretty dang awesome for crashing stuff on custom ramps and courses.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

now thats art

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm desperately trying to project loss.jpg on it but I just don't see it hoss

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib

Charles Bukowski posted:

The Rush 2049 stunt track "Disco," set for 30 minutes, for the Dreamcast, was pretty dang awesome for crashing stuff on custom ramps and courses.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Nevermind the naysayers OP, I think it's neat

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
I went to sleep, woke up, and reread this thread and still have no idea what you're talking about op. Wow! This guy made the world's Biggest art and what? It's a track from Excitebike and just Wait til you see His Homage to the Satellavueiw. Cl@ck here for more Hot Details only on Watchmojo eat poo poo op

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
City? More like lovely

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
cool as hell thanks op

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

:yeshaha:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

apparently, there's an adaptation of the city and the city. is it good?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen it, but it got medium-warm responses from the critics afair.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

iron council the best mieville book btw

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Slugworth posted:

The most moving part for me, personally, is the triangles.

The whole thing is stationary you idiot, smh

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Buce posted:

iron council the best mieville book btw

Thanks for answering a question I've been meaning to ask but never got around to. I have some audible credits to burn

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

goatface posted:

I've never seen it, but it got medium-warm responses from the critics afair.

wow, it came out in 2018. it's weird that I haven't heard of it. probably because i'm stuck in beszel.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

Thanks for answering a question I've been meaning to ask but never got around to. I have some audible credits to burn

the audible narrator for it is really good, too

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
If you think this is weird and pointless, let me introduce you to one of this fellows previous works, a large hole! It's called double negative.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Amateurish work compared to virtuoso of big gaping holes

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does he own any of the land or is he doing big graffiti?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

well, i watched it. It was ok -- not great, not bad. But in the book Breach was like super high-tech and mysterious. In the show they're just regular gross eastern europeans. wtf.

(i'm also a gross eastern european)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's weird because it's something that you'd see in some abstract landscape art, but real, so it's not as interesting and ultimately looks like the start of construction project that lost all funding right at the beginning and Podunk NV won't be getting their Costco.