Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Robin hood men in tights

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the first time i watched bladerunner, my dad covered my eyes at the part where roy gouges-out tyrell's eyes.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Alien(s)

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Jelly posted:

The Princess Bride

:eyepop: https://notgonnahityou.wordpress.com/2019/12/31/blow-by-blow-the-princess-bride/

BigHead posted:

He Never Dies.

I dig a nihilist eternal just trying to live his life. Plus Henry Rollins is peak Henry Rollins.

Watched this on Netflix on a whim and it was surprisingly decent... in a gonzo kind of way, I guess?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Return to Oz, and Flight of the Navigator. Two childhood nostalgia bombs that I can't quit. Honorable mentions: Dazed and Confused; Detroit Rock City.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Men in tights is 100% nostalgia for me, my sister and I fuckin loved it

itry
Aug 23, 2019

We're men

We're men in tiiiiights

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tight tights.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

itry posted:

:eyepop: https://notgonnahityou.wordpress.com/2019/12/31/blow-by-blow-the-princess-bride/

Watched this on Netflix on a whim and it was surprisingly decent... in a gonzo kind of way, I guess?

I just loving love the line where he's walking a girl home and she asks "so what do you do for work?"

"Well I worked in lumber, then mined gold, then the army, then I was in prison. Lots of prison. Then I was a blacksmith, a tinsmith, carpentry, sailing, a goldsmith, in the army again, seven different factories, then I was in a band, then back to prison. I pay the bills selling antiques though."

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Very Bad Things

No one knows this dark comedy but it's the movie that I would try to turn you on to, goons

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Flash Gordon (1980).

I used to have the DVD but I lost it many years ago. I pissed my parents and siblings off by playing the Hawkmen battling the Ajax scene over and over again on my PS2 at loud volume.

FLASH!!! AAHAAH!!!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Spinz posted:

Very Bad Things

No one knows this dark comedy but it's the movie that I would try to turn you on to, goons

The ending of that movie had my friends and I crying laughing. For some reason any time I think about it the movie ‘Go’ also comes to mind.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tremors

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Lately I've been really into Pain and Gain.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Nuts and Gum posted:

The ending of that movie had my friends and I crying laughing. For some reason any time I think about it the movie ‘Go’ also comes to mind.

Oh yeah, Go was great.

Was it true that Taye Diggs graced these very forums with his presence one time?

e:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=204018

Valko fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 21, 2022

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore, the two best golf movies.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Aliens. Heat. Career Opportunities.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Revins posted:

Alien(s)

Yup. Watched Alien every day the summer I was 10 so I could make a comic about it. Never got sick of it and I'll still watched it every time it comes on.

Also Psycho.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I like to show it to people to let them know how autism feels when you get overstimulated. It’s like it was made for that purpose, but I know it wasn’t cause I know people (well, only one is still living) who worked on that movie.

Oh, also, it’s great because it’s exactly what sensory overload is like without actually overloading my senses.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 21, 2022

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Captain Ron

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Better Off Dead, Comedy Central ran it like every weekday afternoon when I was a kid and I would watch it after school.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can watch Last Crusade an infinite number of times

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm the basic bitch here to say The Godfather I and II (it's all one movie to me). Only movie my family will stfu and watch with me no question.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Braveheart

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Shawshank Redemption for its near perfect script.

"Andy crawled through a river of poo poo and came out clean on the other side"

"I wonder what went through the warden's head, beside that bullet"

"Alexander dumb rear end. It's pronounced duma"

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I don't watch many movies more than once unless there's been like, ten years since I watched it. If I'm watching a movie I'd generally like to watch something new because there are really more good movies out there than I'd ever have time for.

Although I've seen Dewey Cox, Hot Rod and Step Brothers a bunch of times.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Boondock Saints, Scarface, and Fight Club.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Haverchuck posted:

Better Off Dead, Comedy Central ran it like every weekday afternoon when I was a kid and I would watch it after school.

Same but PCU. Also I’ve never seen it before tonight but Silverado had a good cast and was free on YouTube and goddamn this flick whips rear end

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Dumb and Dumber. Can't believe no one said that one yet. It's one of the most quotable movies of the last 30 years. I say our pets' heads are falling off anytime things are hosed.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I have watched dodgeball many many times

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Ransom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lztwjgD10Yw

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Fury Road

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Spinz posted:

Very Bad Things

Omg it’s my fuckin favorite, my brother wouldn’t talk to me for three months when he told me seeing it as a child gave him PTSD and then I couldn’t stop laughing cause it was my favorite bachelor-party-gone-horrifying comedy. You know, out of many, many similar movies, it’s like a whole genre.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

John Carpenter's The Thing
Evil Dead 2
Reservoir Dogs
Mary Poppins
They Live

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Blues Brothers
O brother where art thou

I don't really like musicals though :shrug:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Brick

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The first two Alien movies, Raiders of the Lost Ark/Last Crusade, Ghostbusters I & II, and the Back to the Future trilogy. I watched these practically every day from childhood to after high school and can still watch any of them at any time without getting tired of them.

I’ll also throw in some horror movies I’ve loved since childhood and rewatch them frequently: An American Werewolf in London, Return of the Living Dead, Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead, and The Thing. I can thank my two older sisters for those. There are lots more memorable horror movies where those came from, but those have always been near and dear to me.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Spinz posted:

Very Bad Things

hah, i love that movie

for me, it's the fifth element. i love everything about that movie (especially chris tucker)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Lords of Dogtown
Hot Fuzz