Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
There's a couple movies I owned on VHS growing up and I wore the tapes down to confetti—Shrek, the first Harry Potter, who framed Roger Rabbit etc

But a movie I can always throw on to this day? Spirited Away

Uriah Heep fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 21, 2022

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Aliens, Braveheart - back in the day TnT play these suckers so much on tv
Indiana Jones 1 & 3
Bladerunner
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - I'm not the biggest fan of the other Wes Anderson movies but for whatever reason I just love this movie

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I rewatched BTTF last week after like a decade and it was the first time I noticed how extremely weird young Lorraine and George acted. Lorraine is totally spaced out half the time like she is high and I don't even know how to describe what the gently caress is going on with Crispin Glover. Apparently he is ultra mega weird in real life too and was just being himself on set? It looks like he is autistic, has some kind of anxiety disorder plus another couple of thing I can't put my finger on. Really weird casting choices/direction choices.

It was also the first time I watched the undubbed version of the movie and the Biff actor is absolutely loving killing it. Looks like he has some pretty good range, weird that his career never took off. Also, lmao Christopher Lloyd is a treasure. Watching Jennifer reacting to his antics at the end is just :discourse:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

GABA ghoul posted:

I rewatched BTTF last week after like a decade and it was the first time I noticed how extremely weird young Lorraine and George acted. Lorraine is totally spaced out half the time like she is high and I don't even know how to describe what the gently caress is going on with Crispin Glover. Apparently he is ultra mega weird in real life too and was just being himself on set? It looks like he is autistic, has some kind of anxiety disorder plus another couple of thing I can't put my finger on. Really weird casting choices/direction choices.

It was also the first time I watched the undubbed version of the movie and the Biff actors is absolutely loving killing it. Looks like he has some pretty good range, weird that his career never took off. Also, lmao Christopher Lloyd is a treasure. Watching Jennifer reacting to his antics at the end is just :discourse:

Biff actor did a few bit parts and was also a great Maniac in the FMV Wing Commander games but he’s kind of pigeonholed into the school bully archetype

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Hot Fuzz absolutely, I don't think there's been a single viewing where I haven't noticed some neat little detail that I never saw before.

BTTF is another one but gently caress me I never noticed until rewatching it as an adult how incredibly horny Lorraine was.

I have watched Aliens more times than any other movie, think I lost count at 26 and that was back in the 90's.

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
True lies best action movie

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Yeah, any time Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz is on somewhere, I can’t help but watch it.

I recently rewatched The World’s End (having not seen it in years) to complete the Cornetto trilogy and it was fuckin’ fun as hell. Not as memorable as the previous two, but still a great flick.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Dredd

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fifth Element

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Ghostbusters.

Such a fantastic comedy and so many amazing little nuances to the gags that I appreciate more and more with every rewatch. Perfect moments like Egon trying to cram himself into the corner of the elevator after switching the pack on.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

LA Confidential. Part of the “Why did Kevin Spacey have to be a creepy gently caress and everything?” film series.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Shawshank Redemption really is very very good, almost seemed cliche to mention

John Wick

The Brothers Bloom

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

basically anything with billy crudup because I want to do the bad stuff with him

same deal with jared harris

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
TNT played Jaws seemingly every single afternoon in the summer of 1997 and I think I watched it 45 times.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
TNT played Beastmaster and Red Sonja on repeat. it was ok

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
I don't know if it counts, but I fall asleep to the five Bottom live shows almost every single night.

I'll watch Step Brothers every time I come across it. Dumb and Dumber pretty much every week I fly Delta.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the mummy (1999)

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I watch The Thing a couple times a year, never gets old.

The Addams Family, Akira, Wayne's World also never get old for me. I've seen Dawn of The Dead about a hundred and fifty times, keeps gettin' funnier.

Me and my husband watch The 1947 Miracle on 34th Street every December. I really like it.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Demolition Man

True Lies

the Hunt for Red October

Blues Brothers

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
for chilling and half watching:
lebowski and any given ZAZ movie (Airplane, Top Secret, Hot Shots, Naked Gun and so on)

because i love it and think it's the best movie:
the conversation

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

for chilling and half watching:
lebowski and any given ZAZ movie (Airplane, Top Secret, Hot Shots, Naked Gun and so on)

because i love it and think it's the best movie:
the conversation

Top Secret is underappreciated, I think, and better than the others aside from Airplane. Airplane is an outright classic.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The Terminator is a string of great action scenes one after another. Also a great soundtrack

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Time After Time! (for real)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huziaaaEd1s

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TK8325 posted:

for me, it's the fifth element. i love everything about that movie (especially chris tucker)

:hmmyes:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Fifth Element and Big Lebowski for sure, also Goldeneye, Jurassic Park, and Titanic.

Fifth Element because sci-fi is usually gritty and grey but that movie is gonzo and colorful and cheesy in the right places.

Big Lebowski because it’s chill and there are so many scenes that still make me laugh. It’s a great movie to rewatch with friends because it just has a hangout time energy.

Goldeneye because I grew up with the 90s-2000s Bond movies and I kinda have a guilty pleasure for all of them.

Jurassic Park and Titanic I kinda lump together as being kinda big and awe inspiring movies from a special effects perspective. I was a total Titanic nut as a child, I was obsessed with the wreck and the ship and loved the movie even though it’s pretty silly in a lot of ways. I drew pictures of the titanic in art class as often as I could, had a titanic board game, a puzzle, and the album.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

Lord of the Rings Extended Editions

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't watch it frequently but I have watched What Dreams May Come a number of times and will again

Nutella
Jun 27, 2005

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"
As an old lady goon mine would be "Legends of the Fall" (gently caress you Tristan), Xanadu (for the soundtrack), Freddy Got Fingered (just wtf funny) and Hot Rod (who doesn't love Europe).

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It's the Naked Gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIOWG7lKfKk

also Evil Dead 2 and 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7WNgzilRBw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzBCnBG_HqY

Movies peaked in the 90s

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Forgot to mention The Roadwarrior.

“Just walk away.”

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Clue and Mean Girls

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Narzack posted:

Dumb and Dumber pretty much every week I fly Delta.

Why you going to the airport? Flying somewhere?

Dumb and Dumber is also my answer. Probably Jurassic Park too

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Nutella posted:

As an old lady goon

:hfive:

I'm saving this thread, lots of good stuff in here

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Outpost22 posted:

Shawshank Redemption for its near perfect script.

came here to post this, gotta watch it every time its on. it never gets old

Warm Fish Salad
Dec 16, 2016

You Compleat Me
Animated:
Spirited Away
The Lion King (1994)
The Brave Little Toaster
Finding Nemo
Toy Story/Toy Story 2
The Land Before Time

Live Action:
What About Bob
Jurassic Park
Interstellar
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Paul
Sleepless In Seattle
Jumanji (1995)
Pulp Fiction

There's more that I'm forgetting about, but there's a few

Professor Wayne posted:

Why you going to the airport? Flying somewhere?

Dumb and Dumber is also my answer. Probably Jurassic Park too
This is another one!

Warm Fish Salad
Dec 16, 2016

You Compleat Me

Spinz posted:

Very Bad Things

No one knows this dark comedy but it's the movie that I would try to turn you on to, goons

Sorry to double post, but despite neither of us having seen it, my SO and I had a HUGE movie-theater vinyl poster for this movie hanging above our bed for YEARS. We took it down but we still have it. His dad found it in one of his rental properties and thought it was neat so he gave it to us. You're the first person I've come across who's mentioned it!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Predator
Dirty Dancing
Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
Evil Dead 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug