Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Wifi Toilet posted:

Can never go wrong throwing on a classic comedy from my youth.

Sixteen Candles
Revenge of the Nerds
Soul Man

I was going to say something about the rape scene in Revenge of the Nerds but then I noticed your third choice was Soul Man - a film about a white guy who overdoses on tanning pills and spends the movie in blackface.

Umm, nice troll post, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Sixteen Candles also had Long Duc Dong.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
I watched Freddy got fingered in theaters maybe more than anyone else in the entire world. I was in the military and realized nobody was paying attention to me so instead of doing what I was supposed to I would buy a single ticket to Freddy got fingered and watch it over and over until it was dark. Every day for weeks. If anyone suddenly started caring I could have gone to the brig.

I’ve always wanted to see tom greens reaction to this news but unfortunately he matured and is no longer funny.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Duck Soup easily, possibly the greatest comedy movie of all time. Also Shin Godzilla and Yellow Submarine.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
umbrellas of cherbourg

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Original Street Fighter.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Can I interest you in Rob Zombie's Lords of Salem?

lol

the sexiest of naked ladies

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

couple films with little people:
The Wizard of Oz
Time Bandits

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Ror posted:

Most of mine have been mentioned already but I have seen Kung Fu Hustle like a million times. I prefer the original with subs but the dub is good and fun and has some different English-centric jokes. All of the fight scenes just have such dope choreography and it's got just the right balance of action and humor.
This movie rules.

Speaking of martial arts films, I love The Last Dragon. 80s as gently caress with good fights and a memorable villain.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
A goofy movie
Emperors new groove
Chopping mall
Sleepaway camp
Monty Python and the holy grail
the big Lebowski
Grease
Pink Flamingos
The Royal Tenenbaums
UHF
Robin Hood Men in Tights
Buckaroo Banzai (the end credits scene is a work of art)

Never watch movies with me

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

A goofy movie
Emperors new groove
Chopping mall
Sleepaway camp
Monty Python and the holy grail
the big Lebowski
Grease
Pink Flamingos
The Royal Tenenbaums
UHF

Never watch movies with me

I think I would love to watch movies with you

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The Bloop posted:

I think I would love to watch movies with you

I don’t think you would!!!!!!! I am no fun

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zugzwang posted:

Speaking of martial arts films, I love The Last Dragon. 80s as gently caress with good fights and a memorable villain.

Absolutely. I mentioned it earlier and I've already seen it a few times this year. It is super cheesy of course but I honestly think it's a legitimately good movie.

Plus.... Vanity.

edit: I actually like this song too lol. I think the riff could be a good rock song today. Although the whisper part is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydsKrHN7_N4

edit 2: drat this poo poo rocks

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 28, 2022

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

I don’t think you would!!!!!!! I am no fun

Do you look at your phone and talk the whole time :mad:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Absolutely. I mentioned it earlier and I've already seen it a few times this year. It is super cheesy of course but I honestly think it's a legitimately good movie.

I was just rewatching this scene yesterday. I love the montage leading up to when Leroy says “I am.”

Also, evidently Julius Carry (Sho’Nuff) was like 6’7”, but he was really thin, so they had to put a bunch of padding on him to make him look somewhat intimidating in his outfit.

quote:

Plus.... Vanity.
Indeed. She had a rough few decades after this unfortunately :smith:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Plus.... Vanity.

Wikipedia posted:

Due to kidney problems from her 10-year crack cocaine addiction,[31] Matthews had to undergo 20 minutes of peritoneal dialysis five times a day.[26][34][38] Matthews underwent a kidney transplant in 1997, but her health worsened in 2015 after she was diagnosed with sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis. Matthews died in a Fremont, California, hospital on February 15, 2016, from kidney failure, aged 57.[40]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLZptx6UQLk

btw, I could probably watch Pee-Wee's Big Adventure on repeat

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

teen witch posted:

A goofy movie

My 18 year old son was watching that the other day and I realized Goofy drove an AMC Gremlin.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zugzwang posted:

I was just rewatching this scene yesterday. I love the montage leading up to when Leroy says “I am.”

I get goosebumps every time I see that scene.

Real shame about Vanity. Looks like she became a born again christian too.

edit: hmmm, I wonder if we need a Last Dragon appreciation thread.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 28, 2022

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

I get goosebumps every time I see that scene.
:allears:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Salo

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

teen witch posted:

Emperors new groove

Oh for sure, plus that 78 minute run time :chef:

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
In Bruges
Rad
Black Dynamite
Gleaming the Cube
Thor: Ragnarok

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm watching Armageddon on TV right now. I saw it in the theater.

It used to make me cry ALL the time but I think I've gotten over that in the past 20 years.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Jerk
Alien
Predator
Eraserhead
Rocky Horror
Iron Giant
Troll 2

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a huge aversion to zombie movies due to the absolutely insane obsession with them in the 00s. Zombie movies coming out every month and people just talking about the zombie apocalypse and all of this tired bullshit. There are definitely some good ones, obviously Night of the Living Dead. I liked World War Z quite a bit. Some others of course. But god drat anytime I hear anything about zombies I just look away. I loving hate zombies now not because they're stupid but because of the insane fervor over it for like 15 years.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

edit: hmmm, I wonder if we need a Last Dragon appreciation thread.

Sho'nuff

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

MrQwerty posted:

The Jerk
Alien
Predator
Eraserhead
Rocky Horror
Iron Giant
Troll 2

The Jerk. Somehow criminally underrated.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
oh...

Uncle Buck.

It's one of the best movies of all time.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

The Death of Stalin

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

CAN YOU DIG IT?!

im gonna watch the warriors again

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Anyone who says they got through Eraserhead is a drat liar

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

doctorfrog posted:

The Wizard of Oz
Time Bandits

Under the Rainbow. No I will not attempt to describe this movie.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

doctorfrog posted:

The Wizard of Oz
Time Bandits

top gun

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
WarGames

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a weird emotional thing with movies. When I was younger it was far worse in which I get too emotionally involved/sucked into the movie that it can get pretty intense. I had to be very careful with which movies I watched. I laugh, actually cry (a lot), all of that stuff. I know that's not really that odd overall. But I have a thing for epic battles. I'm watching Avengers: Endgame right now on TV and it just reminded me of it because the "Avengers.... assemble." scene at the end happened and I tear up. A marvel movie. Tears in my eyes.

One that REALLY does it is the Battle of Helm's Deep in Two Towers. When Eomer and Gandalf charge down the hill I start hyperventilating and tear up. It's just too powerful. It's really weird.

Starship Troopers does it too. The Klendathu Drop. It's just so intense I can barely take it. Again, hyperventilating and possible tears. Not sure why it's epic battles but that's what really does it to me. Also, the music is key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rx8_vjbXX4

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

A Serbian Film

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I used to really hate Starship Troopers. I was in my dipshit high school libertarian phase and got way too mad that the movie was different from the book.

A while back I tried to revisit the book, could barely make it past the first few chapters, and suddenly I found a new respect for the movie.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bargearse posted:

I used to really hate Starship Troopers. I was in my dipshit high school libertarian phase and got way too mad that the movie was different from the book.

A while back I tried to revisit the book, could barely make it past the first few chapters, and suddenly I found a new respect for the movie.

Yeah it really is something else. As far as I know, Verhoeven read a tiny bit of the book and thought it was fascist trash so he made a way over the top fascist movie. He's a genius.

I saw it as a kid in theaters at maybe 14 years old. I joined the Marines in part due to this movie. lol

It wasn't until years later that I found out that the movie was complete satire and I missed the point completely. As did many people.

quick edit: it is kinda nice though when you watch a movie as a kid and it's one movie, but then you see it as an adult and it's an entirely different movie due to your understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I have a weird emotional thing with movies. When I was younger it was far worse in which I get too emotionally involved/sucked into the movie that it can get pretty intense. I had to be very careful with which movies I watched. I laugh, actually cry (a lot), all of that stuff. I know that's not really that odd overall. But I have a thing for epic battles. I'm watching Avengers: Endgame right now on TV and it just reminded me of it because the "Avengers.... assemble." scene at the end happened and I tear up. A marvel movie. Tears in my eyes.

One that REALLY does it is the Battle of Helm's Deep in Two Towers. When Eomer and Gandalf charge down the hill I start hyperventilating and tear up. It's just too powerful. It's really weird.

Starship Troopers does it too. The Klendathu Drop. It's just so intense I can barely take it. Again, hyperventilating and possible tears. Not sure why it's epic battles but that's what really does it to me. Also, the music is key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rx8_vjbXX4

I'm only slightly less than this

I really like enjoying the emotions fiction can bring

I've gotten emotional just thinking about songs from shows and movies