Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
For those of you who actually enjoy watching your teams play football, your long national nightmare is over. For the rest of us, it is just beginning.

You're looking live at week zero of the 2022 college football schedule:

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ATxY4ysIo

If the associated posters could share the threads for the fantasy and pick 'em leagues, I'll update this OP with those links.

Remember, as always, FTGE and long live wheez

Edit: Here's the pick 'em, graciously run by our very own General Dog:

General Dog posted:

It’s time again for the TFF CFB Pick ‘Em 2022! I went ahead and renewed the group from last year; if you’re a new member go to the link below and enter group number and password:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/register/joingroup

Group ID#: 3704
Password: croots

The pick 'em starts for the games of Week One on September 2-5; no week zero games.

Edit: one other note; I trust everyone itt not to be malicious with one another, but just as a heads up the email address associated with your account is displayed by default on some pages; you can hide it by clicking your pick set, selecting "Edit My Info" and unchecking "Allow others to see your email address".

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Seaniqua posted:

For those of you who actually enjoy watching your teams play football, your long national nightmare is over. For the rest of us, it is just beginning.

I am excited for the Billy Napier era. Either he will enjoy some success, or it will put the final dagger in the expectations of the Spurrier and Meyer eras.

Either way, I'll be watching.

Seaniqua posted:

Remember, as always, FTGE and long live wheez

We w| |nt Bama

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Can’t tell if the poo poo post tag is intentional or not considering the slate of games. NU/NU is the best game of the week.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

FSU dug deep to find Duquesne

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Bird in a Blender posted:

Can’t tell if the poo poo post tag is intentional or not considering the slate of games. NU/NU is the best game of the week.

I hosed up and made a thread without a whole title, so I closed it. Made this one, and forgot to use the NCAA tag. Luckily it is a pretty appropriate tag for week zero

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

let's go wild cats

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Why is that fine game in Dublin? Haven’t the Irish suffered enough?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Seaniqua posted:

If the associated posters could share the threads for the fantasy and pick 'em leagues, I'll update this OP with those links.

Thanks, here’s the link and login info for the pick ‘em if you don’t mind adding to the OP.

General Dog posted:

It’s time again for the TFF CFB Pick ‘Em 2022! I went ahead and renewed the group from last year; if you’re a new member go to the link below and enter group number and password:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/register/joingroup

Group ID#: 3704
Password: croots

The pick 'em starts for the games of Week One on September 2-5; no week zero games.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Seaniqua posted:

I hosed up and made a thread without a whole title, so I closed it. Made this one, and forgot to use the NCAA tag. Luckily it is a pretty appropriate tag for week zero

Well if you actually want it changed, let me know.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/blinkinriley/status/887697812493922308?s=20&t=SNKfswzSycO6o6ZE8e7XJQ

Almost home

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Hell no, Vandy and Hawaii in the very after dark slot is the real gem here

Also seconding the op posting http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

It's maybe the single best website in the world. just plain text, all the info for every game, no bullshit on it slowing everything down. A must have

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Georgia is the defending national champions. That’s pretty neat

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Them dawgs was hell, hopefully they are still hell.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

utep/unt should be entertaining

the irish bowl is just... sad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

utep/unt should be entertaining

the irish bowl is just... sad

sad enough... for you

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Well if you actually want it changed, let me know.

I appreciate it, but I really do think the poo poo tag is the way to go. It just feels right.

General Dog posted:

Thanks, here’s the link and login info for the pick ‘em if you don’t mind adding to the OP.

OP is updated, thanks GD

LeeMajors posted:

We w| |nt Bama

forever and ever amen

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ground floor for Sickos Week :sickos:

[Edit] oh god it goes from NU/NU in Dublin all the way to a ~body clock~ game in Hawaii’s rec stadium. Truly a Sickos Week.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 22, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sash! posted:

Just gonna note that there is potential for havoc here. It won't happen, but if it does...

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Just realized Georgia State's first two games are @SCAR and UNC, with UNC actually coming to the former Turner Field.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Doesn't look like there's a predictions thread, probably don't get enough traffic to justify a separate one nowadays so here's my preseason predictions for the Oklahoma Sooners

HC Lincoln Riley, QB Caleb Williams, and a bunch of recruits left to be replaced by Clemson DC Brent Venables as HC , UCF QB transfer Dillon Gabriel, and a bunch of other tranfers. Jeff Lebby is hired away from Ole Miss as OC, and is reunited with Gabriel who he coached at UCF. Team is very much in flux but still has talent on the roster, meaning expectations are high-ish with the caveat of "no one really knows how this season will go." I suspect the Nebraska game will be tougher than many think, and how that game swings could have downstream effects on the rest of the season.

Week 1: vs. UTEP--W

Week 2: vs. Kent State--W

Week 3: @ Nebraska--Toss-up
  • OU is favored by 4.5. Nebraska played to their level of competition throughout last season (even if they couldn't ever finish the jobs), and being in Lincoln the crowd is gonna be jazzed the gently caress up. Sooners will have had two games to help gel. If OU wins this I think most games I have marked as toss-ups below are Ws, if OU loses those swing the other way. And 11:00 AM kickoff!!:bahgawd:
Week 4: vs. Kansas State--W
  • I think Klieman is a decent enough coach and will consistently get KState to 7-8 wins each season but OU should handle them this year, especially since it's in Norman.
Week 5: @ TCU--W
  • TCU had been trending down for a few years before Patterson got ran out last season, Sonny may get them moving in the right direction but probably not this quickly.
Week 6: Texas--Toss-up
  • The shootout is always insane and I loving love it for that.
Week 7: vs. Kansas--W
  • I genuinely hope Leipold gets the Jayhawks to at least not be embarrassing even if not a team that can consistently win games, but this one's a lock.
Week 8: BYE

Week 9: @ Iowa State--W
  • Cambell has gotten ISU to play OU really loving tough the last few years, but ISU loses too much talent. Bet it's a good game but OU pulls it out.
Week 10: vs. Baylor--Toss-up
  • It pains me greatly to say that Baylor is likely to stick around as a solid football program for the next few years at the least. Being in Norman is a plus, but the Bears have played OU well lately.
Week 11: @ West Virginia--W/Toss-up?
  • WVU seems to have unfortunately fallen off quite a bit, but that + on the road + Bedlam next week is a perfect recipe for a trap game. I do think OU wins this one but wouldn't be surprised at all to see them poo poo the bed.
Week 12: vs. Oklahoma State--Toss-up
  • If this is in Stillwater I pencil it in as an L. I've got a bad feeling ol' Gundy may have shaken off the little brother complex that has always made him crawl into a hole in Bedlam. The 'Pokes lose a lot on defense but Spencer Sanders is back at the helm yet again--not that he's some QB wonder but he'll be seasoned against OU and has played in Norman.
Week 13: @ Texas Tech--W/Toss-up?
  • This seems like a big let-down game the week after Bedlam. If OU is in contention for the Big 12 title game and/or won Bedlam the week before I think it's a pretty solid W, if either of those aren't the case I can see a trip out to Lubbock to cap an uninspired season being rough.

OU's reasonable ceiling: 11-1
OU's reasonable floor: 7-5

I'm gonna say OU finishes 9-3 this year; most likely losses are to Baylor and OSU, and then take your pick of Nebraska, Texas, or one of the ? games.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Big brain Vandy gets a Hawaiian vacation to start the year.

Sash! posted:

I didn't even know they had a football team.

D.N. Nation posted:

Disagree!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

LLCoolJD posted:

I didn't even know they had a football team.

That's understandable, they're really bad and forgettable, but believe it or not they won the BCS in 2013

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Football is a week away. That's good! I'll be traveling. That's bad. I'll be in Hawaii. That's good! I'm missing the first 3 weeks of games. That's bad.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

Football is a week away. That's good! I'll be traveling. That's bad. I'll be in Hawaii. That's good! I'm missing the first 3 weeks of games. That's bad.

I'd happily trade missing 3 weeks of games for any appreciable amount of time in Hawai'i. Have fun!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Week 0 is always terrible but this week 0 looks especially terrible.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

George H.W. oval office posted:

Might contain Potassium benzoate

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Henchman of Santa posted:

Week 0 is always terrible but this week 0 looks especially terrible.

And yet, I'll be watching a full day's worth of footballs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

Week 3: @ Nebraska--Toss-up

Scott Frost Day ain't gonna come that early

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Scott Frost Day ain't gonna come that early

They won't fire Frost for losing to OU.

...would they?

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

harperdc posted:

Ground floor for Sickos Week :sickos:

[Edit] oh god it goes from NU/NU in Dublin all the way to a ~body clock~ game in Hawaii’s rec stadium. Truly a Sickos Week.

I will never fail to laugh at a "body clock" reference.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Judgy Fucker posted:

They won't fire Frost for losing to OU.

...would they?

nah, I think poo poo would really have to go off the rails for him to be fired during the season. If they start 0-5 or 1-4, there's a chance. I think six wins will save his job so they don't have to fire a ton of coaches they hired less than a year ago. I don't think they'll win six though, I think they'll win five. I think Frost has about a 50/50 chance of sticking around for one (final) year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If Nebraska somehow loses to Northwestern they should leave him in ireland and make him find his own way home.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What caused Frost to be so bad at Nebraska? I wasn’t expecting him to go undefeated in the Big 10 but I thought his teams would be better than this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spacebump posted:

What caused Frost to be so bad at Nebraska? I wasn’t expecting him to go undefeated in the Big 10 but I thought his teams would be better than this.

It's fascinating. Like, yeah you're not going to go to Nebraska and turn them into Ohio State overnight, but furthering the path towards kinda looking up to Northwestern as a football program is not something I expected.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
With the way the current college football landscape is, I think it would have to take something special to get Nebraska back to its former glory. It appears Scott Frost isn't that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spacebump posted:

I know the guys on the SZD podcast have mentioned before that he brought in a lot of Florida recruits in his first year at Nebraska (trading on his connections he made at UCF, which is fine), and that he's experienced pretty heavy attrition in that group, in the form of transfers and guys getting kicked off.

Looks like 247 also did a brief write-up on it here:

https://247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-football-recruiting-Scott-Frost-Florida-signees-169706326/

I doubt this is the only problem, but his biggest challenge is raising the talent level, and it appears that Plan A has failed on that front.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

harperdc posted:

The entire CBS Sports lineup for Saturday is sicko fodder -

• Austin Peay @ Western Kentucky - for all you degenerates this kicks off 30 minutes before NUNU
  • Idaho State @ UNLV
  • Charlotte @ Florida Atlantic
  • Vandy After Dark

Honorable mention to Illinois getting 10 points for some reason against Wyoming, Florida State's meltdown potential, and North Texas and UTEP going at it on stadium.com

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Spacebump posted:

We first start with the hypothesis that Nebraska's time as a national power is long gone and their ceiling is 9 wins or so, which even Mike Riley did.

Given that, Frost has to 1) be crafty in accumulating talent; and/or 2) be a lot smarter than the other guys.

Well, their recruiting classes imploded and Frost's charges have been the worst in-game coaching staff in the country. Their special teams are bad to the point of being suspicious.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Article ($$$) on Jake Fromm on what's probably his post-football life

Fromm backing into the Giants starting job, only to use the same flatulent, mistake-mitigating "offense" Waffle House playbook that James Coley made him run was so sad. I can't imagine having a lifetime of quarterbacking and the end result is "I (except for that one game) didn't turn the ball over much." Here's hoping he catches on in the third XFL attempt and is finally – finally! – given a chance to sling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I would like to see Scott Frost cry.

Doesn't even have to be during a game, maybe some one can just tell him they Titus Andronicus'd his kids into a runza or something.