Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I would like to see Scott Frost cry.

Doesn't even have to be during a game, maybe some one can just tell him they Titus Andronicus'd his kids into a runza or something.

I hope they lose 0-2 in overtime to Northwestern. I'm okay if its either due to a safety or in 3+ overtimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I hope they lose 0-2 in overtime to Northwestern. I'm okay if its either due to a safety or in 3+ overtimes.

I think theoretically a team could win 1-0 with the new OT rules and a 1-point safety.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I will never fail to laugh at a "body clock" reference.
girlllll let me wind your body clock

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

We first start with the hypothesis that Nebraska's time as a national power is long gone and their ceiling is 9 wins or so, which even Mike Riley did.

I always wonder what the Big10 was thinking circa 2010. Add a Top 5 volleyball program??

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Jose Valasquez posted:

That's understandable, they're really bad and forgettable, but believe it or not they won the BCS in 2013

Since nobody else quoted this, I’d just like to let you know that I chuckled

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

gaj70 posted:

I always wonder what the Big10 was thinking circa 2010. Add a Top 5 volleyball program??

Championship Game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I'm sorry y'all its been a busy summer and I didn't put up a projections/predictions thread. If anyone still wants it I can make it happen, quote this ish so I know someone wants it and I can create it otherwise its lost to time this year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Since nobody else quoted this, I’d just like to let you know that I chuckled

Yeah it got a pretty good laugh out of me too. :golfclap:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I'm sorry y'all its been a busy summer and I didn't put up a projections/predictions thread. If anyone still wants it I can make it happen, quote this ish so I know someone wants it and I can create it otherwise its lost to time this year.

I'd post in it

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Spacebump posted:

What caused Frost to be so bad at Nebraska? I wasn’t expecting him to go undefeated in the Big 10 but I thought his teams would be better than this.

There's also a notion that his time at UCF was fool's gold

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

gaj70 posted:

He Who Walks Behind the Rows spoke to the Big Ten and they REALLY misunderstood the concept of the sacrifice demanded of them

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

gaj70 posted:

I mean before this year Big Ten expansion this century consisted of Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland. The B1G succeeded despite their own best efforts.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Championship Game.

Missouri would have made more sense, imho. At the time, it was a consistent top-25 + StL/KC media markets.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

gaj70 posted:

Missouri would have made more sense, imho. At the time, it was a consistent top-25 + StL/KC media markets.

money

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Adun posted:

I mean before this year Big Ten expansion this century consisted of Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland. The B1G succeeded despite their own best efforts.

I was excited by Nebraska, and largely indifferent to Maryland. Obviously Rutgers was appalling. I’m still waiting on the powerful demographics of New Jersey to lead them to a four win conference season.

They did beat Michigan once which was very funny.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Jose Valasquez posted:

That's understandable, they're really bad and forgettable, but believe it or not they won the BCS in 2013

This takes quite a turn!

I don't entirely understand Nebraska's problem, yet also don't understand how Oklahoma doesn't have the exact same problem.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sash! posted:

I don't entirely understand Nebraska's problem, yet also don't understand how Oklahoma doesn't have the exact same problem.

OU is a hell of a lot closer to Texas and plays them every year. Crootin' is just easier for them it would seem?

Plus they've obviously made better coaching hires.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Outside John Blake and Howard Schnellenberger they haven't really made any terrible hires. It also helps that their great coaches tend to stay put and not leave. Owen, Wilkinson, Switzer, and Stoops have a combined 69 seasons between them.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Outside John Blake and Howard Schnellenberger they haven't really made any terrible hires. It also helps that their great coaches tend to stay put and not leave. Owen, Wilkinson, Switzer, and Stoops have a combined 69 seasons between them.

I’m really interested to see how Venables does. It doesn’t always translate from DC to HBC (much to my dismay). But he seems to Get It and say all the right things in the off-season. He’s been recruiting well. And the program was in a good place.

I’m also interested to see how Riley does with a rebuild. A privileged rebuild, but a rebuild nonetheless. He was handed the keys to a Ferrari the first time.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/Jakob_BburgTV/status/1561872711005208577?s=20&t=D2R20QyQefGqdZXrSV3X3w

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

:justpost: with joy in your heart, my friend

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

D.N. Nation posted:

Just realized Georgia State's first two games are @SCAR and UNC, with UNC actually coming to the former Turner Field.

Good for Georgia State to start 2-0.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

I’m also interested to see how Riley does with a rebuild. A privileged rebuild, but a rebuild nonetheless. He was handed the keys to a Ferrari the first time.

I feel like I haven’t heard this brought up on SZD or really anywhere but it’s definitely something I’m curious to see. I have no reason to think he’s not a good coach, but it’s being treated like a gimme turn around.

USC has been a mess for a hot minute compared to the incredibly stable OU program he took over and things could just not work out for any number of reasons.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

USC has been a mess for a hot minute compared to the incredibly stable OU program he took over and things could just not work out for any number of reasons.

Yeah I agree. OUs rebuild under Stoops predated the USC “dynasty” and outlasted it by 15+ years. Insane stability.

Riley did a great job but he doesn’t have that advantage at USC.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I’m really interested to see how Venables does. It doesn’t always translate from DC to HBC (much to my dismay). But he seems to Get It and say all the right things in the off-season. He’s been recruiting well. And the program was in a good place.

He could be really good at his job and still end up saddled with a negative legacy if the transition to life in the SEC is rocky.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Do they know if it was the Siberian traps that did him?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Chris Comer, the breakout running back from that season, also died a few years back.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

He could be really good at his job and still end up saddled with a negative legacy if the transition to life in the SEC is rocky.

Jimbo speedrun. Come in hot. Win some games. Recruit well. Never win your division.

Just without the mineral rights.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

D.N. Nation posted:

Georgia is the defending national champions. That’s pretty neat

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

Do they know if it was the Siberian traps that did him?

There is some evidence that indicates sulfate reducing bacteria may have been responsible

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

:lol:

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Sash! posted:

FSU dug deep to find Duquesne

I met a Duquesne football player once, he flew B-25's in WWII.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Watching the Manti Teo doc, getting hype for this weekend.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Watching the Manti Teo doc, getting hype for this weekend.

is it any good

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

R.D. Mangles posted:

is it any good

I’m starting the second episode. It’s ducking wild.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Manti T'eo doc will change your opinions on the situation from "lol" to "aww, jeez".

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Edward Mass posted:

The Manti T'eo doc will change your opinions on the situation from "lol" to "aww, jeez".

It’s insane. He was just a credulous kid who got screwed over. Naya struggling with gender identity and loneliness. I feel bad for both of them.

Still going to laugh when that Teo av w the dotted outline of a girlfriend next to him pops into a GDT.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Eddie Lacy did him worse.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Just realized Georgia State's first two games are @SCAR and UNC, with UNC actually coming to the former Turner Field.

I love walking distance to the stadium and got tickets to the UNC and Coastal Carolina, gonna be sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

this year i get to see
-the iron bowl (fuckin tight)
-bama - utah state (should be good)
-bama - miss st (clanga)

R.D. Mangles posted:

is it any good

it's good; it humanizes everyone involved except for notre dame