Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Scott frost is the only thing that makes the big ten watchable so, cheers buddy, wish you a long career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

What a bitch, he won in the AAC where you have to drop half a hundred to have a chance

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Frost is a POS. It was their defense that looked like swiss cheese all day.

Against Northwestern! Like unless they have become some completely different team in the offseason that seems like a bad sign.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Imagine explaining this entire day's events to a Nebraska fan circa 1995.

"Nebraska lost a conference game against Northwestern in Ireland to open the college football season, 1 week before the season's official beginning" is a hell of a sentence and really illustrates just how far the sport has come in like 27ish years.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

"Nebraska lost a conference game against Northwestern in Ireland to open the college football season, 1 week before the season's official beginning" is a hell of a sentence and really illustrates just how far the sport has come in like 27ish years.

“Nebraska scored more than 30 points and in the postgame presser, head coach Scott Frost threw his offensive staff under the bus.”

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
punt god's gone, that didn't take long and was hilariously fast by NFL standards

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1563674747015204865?t=ZipRyS3bNncsskx6Ixlbkw&s=19

Also lol nebraska

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

punt god's gone, that didn't take long and was hilariously fast by NFL standards

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1563674747015204865?t=ZipRyS3bNncsskx6Ixlbkw&s=19

Also lol nebraska
What was the whole dance of "they already knew and are sticking with Ariaza, he's playing Friday" to "ok he's not playing" to "bye rear end in a top hat" about?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

Also lol nebraska

Who knew having sex with minors would have consequences.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What was the whole dance of "they already knew and are sticking with Ariaza, he's playing Friday" to "ok he's not playing" to "bye rear end in a top hat" about?

Things change when things become public.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

facialimpediment posted:

Also lol nebraska

Contrast w the Deshaun Watson stuff too

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

LeeMajors posted:

Contrast w the Deshaun Watson stuff too

Punter is a solid choice in player to make an example of. QB is more valuable. Simple math.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

Punter is a solid choice in player to make an example of. QB is more valuable. Simple math.

Oh I get it, but it’s nonsense. Watson should’ve been thrown out on his rear end too.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Boston College and Army played in Ireland in 1988 and Pitt and Rutgers in 1989.

In 1983, Nebraska and Penn State faced off in Week 0 at Giants Stadium in the first ever Week 0. Before 2002, there were two different "kickoff" games that happened the week before the season officially started.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sash! posted:

Boston College and Army played in Ireland in 1988 and Pitt and Rutgers in 1989.

In 1983, Nebraska and Penn State faced off in Week 0 at Giants Stadium in the first ever Week 0. Before 2002, there were two different "kickoff" games that happened the week before the season officially started.

A game in Japan for week 0 was a thing for a few years at one point wasn't it, or am I making that up?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

A game in Japan for week 0 was a thing for a few years at one point wasn't it, or am I making that up?

Yep. Wasn’t just week 0 either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Classic_(college_football)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The dumbest thing about this quote is Northwestern successfully ran the same play over and over again to run out the 4th quarter.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Nebraska played in this in 1992 and a week 0 game in 1994 (the Kickoff Classic against WVU).

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

i missed how "offside kicks for shits and giggles" is an offensive call, but okay

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/olinepride/status/1563685792999804928?s=21&t=RFPAorbBd-yxszngDfNssg

Have mercy man Nebraska’s already dead

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Nebraska is the school that bragged about making their players vomit during practice yes?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

dew worm posted:

Nebraska is the school that bragged about making their players vomit during practice yes?

Yep lol

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I think it’s even more fun to think about explaining unimaginably dominant mid-90s Nebraska to a young fan today.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lmao

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Any head coach who throws his assistants under the bus is a dickhead. It’s your team dude, if they needed to change the play calling, then loving tell them. poo poo like that is how you know your boss loving blows.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Any head coach who throws his assistants under the bus is a dickhead. It’s your team dude, if they needed to change the play calling, then loving tell them. poo poo like that is how you know your boss loving blows.

Yeah that’s one thing I loved about spurrier. He never blamed anyone else for anything that happened on his team. Miss that man.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Kurt Anderson was on the ‘97 Michigan squad, where Scott Frost and his mom whined into a 1/2 title. I’m sure he has no love lost for Frost and Nebraska.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I know a guy who sells me tickets to Texas games sometimes and I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to go to the ULM game or not.

I'm thinking no.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah that’s one thing I loved about spurrier. He never blamed anyone else for anything that happened on his team. Miss that man.

firmly anti-sec but also, yeah, bring back spurrier, he ruled

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

G-Hawk posted:

Rick you need to get ready. Its football season

Fine. I'll get ready.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Feeling good about my "always bet against Nebraska" philosophy

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I wish I could say this was the worst thing about living in Nebraska

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Scott Frost fired yet?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Coco13 posted:

“Nebraska scored more than 30 points and in the postgame presser, head coach Scott Frost threw his offensive staff under the bus.”

Too long for the Week 1 title but still made me :rubby:

Gonna be a good season for laughing. That's all I wanted, so I'm happy

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Yates posted:

Scott Frost fired yet?

His buyout gets cut in half to $7.5 million on October 1st.

https://twitter.com/mitchsherman/status/1459204458357788676

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

quote:

The eighth edition, between Army and Montana,[8] marked the introduction of "The Wave" to Japan. A line of Army and Montana cheerleaders on the playing field demonstrated the concept of The Wave, and it was quickly adopted by spectators in the stands.

:lol:

The Wave is just so basic to sports now that it is strange to think that there was a time that it didn't exist.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Introducing the wave to Japan should’ve been considered a war crime.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Aw man I was super busy today and completely forgot to watch Nebraska get embarrassed by Northwestern.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
E: posting in the wrong thread already.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

dirty shrimp money posted:

What a bitch, he won in the AAC where you have to drop half a hundred to have a chance

he had issues losing close games at UCF as well. I remember my little bro and all his UCF friends weren't terribly upset when he left and it didn't make sense to me at the time. now I get it tho

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WILD CATS BITCH

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Sash! posted:

:lol:

The Wave is just so basic to sports now that it is strange to think that there was a time that it didn't exist.

There was a time when Seattle people were mad that other stadiums started doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Regnevelc posted:

Scott Frost and his mom

what