Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I bounced off of One Piece like five times, starting back in the 4Kids days.

The Netflix adaptation finally got me to "get it"
So then I started the dubbed anime right after Arlong Park and made it up to the beginning of Fishman Island in like, six weeks
Came down with a bout of covid in January, which was the excuse I needed to hop back on the train and rush to the end of the dub, and then the end of the sub, and then get caught up with the Manga in the past ... three weeks. I have not been doing much other than consuming One Piece.

And now I can hang out here in the Cool Kids One Piece Manga Thread and post memes asking for a new chapter.

I don't think it was physically healthy to consume that much shonen in such a short time span, though, and I've probably developed a life-threatening disease as a result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Lpzie posted:

Another victim of I-Gotta-Keep-Reading-One-Piece-Or-I-Die disease.

Now rewatching the Netflix series with a new appreciation to hopefully stave off my impending death

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

i hate to say it but i dont think he will live long enough to play wapol in seasons 14-18

That's fine, just sub him out for Bob Hoskins later

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Speaking as someone who binged the entire anime from Loguetown to the beginning of Egghead, Wano is a massive massive massive improvement, at least until ~2/3 of the way through Onigashima

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Whenever Yamato isn’t on the page, all the readers should say “hey, where’s Yamato?”

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I got to this thread late, whose massive dumper is the current thread title referring to?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Chapter?!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Caesar is a fun and cool character in the manga, but in the anime, any time he is on screen there’s just the constant SHEEESHEEEEESHOOOSHOOSHEEESHEESHOOOSHOOOSHOOOO sound effect and it’s miserable to hear midway through Punk Hazard, let alone the tail end of Whole Cake
I hate that sound so much

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Augus posted:

SHIRORORORO is loving great, how dare you

No no no, his laugh is cool and great
It's the ambient sound that he makes when he's just standing there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxJyuRIklZc

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hi hello sir I would like a chapter please

Does anyone have a chapter to spare?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I’ll be real with all of you—

I don’t really care for Robin.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The end of Dressrosa may as well be the end of Namek

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

But how does this relate to Long Ring Long Land?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

There's no chapter this week, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sanji would not settle for an over easy, that dude is going whole-rear end on poaching eggs, maybe even going full Benedict with them