Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hearthstone has been bullshit ever since coin innervate chillwind yeti and it will always be bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

gotten legend with this the last three months, it's relatively cheap, and when it comes to highroll bullshit I'm a huge fan of summoning four 8/8 rushes on turn 4

### Deathrattle Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 2x (2) Forsaken Lieutenant
# 2x (2) Naval Mine
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 2x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 2x (6) Masked Reveler
# 2x (8) Smokescreen
# 2x (10) Stoneborn General
#
AAECAd75AwAP9egDjfQDvYAEkZ8E958E/KUE/awEiLAEt7ME1bYEidIE49ME9N0ErO0Ey+0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mass stoneborn general is fun but not the only positive outcome. you can also get chunky with 5/8 taunts or do 24+ damage from hand, for example - ended plenty of games on turn 6 thanks to naval mine combos. you have early setup plays in shattershambler and forsaken lieutenant plus cheap draw/dredge, and then you can lean into whatever you find. like, if you don't luck into snowfall graveyard or a strong smokescreen (especially when done early, whether via trickster or prep/cutlass discounts) or a forsaken lieutenant double whammy or heavy pressure from one or two early 5/8s or just doing damage with naval mines or some combination thereof, you'll flounder. but that's a lot of ors! statistically I'm certain it's not a top-tier deck, but it's not just the rare highroll - you have lots of opportunities for something to win with.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

didn't watch, catching up now. is this Path of Arthas deal the only 2000-gold purchase of the expansion or will there be an additional mini-set as usual? been trying to do f2p for the past couple years but that puts a pretty heavy dent in my gold.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RatHat posted:

It won’t matter much since they also gave Death Knight pre-nerf Innervate

it's "refresh" not "gain" and does have the two frost rune requirement

I mean good odds on it/dk in general being busted as gently caress yeah but I gotta be pedantic

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

what exactly does "after your last turn" mean? "if a friendly undead died during your opponent's previous turn or your current turn"?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hating druid is the only reasonable course

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

fanny packrat posted:

In case anyone is playing this, I'm slowly figuring it out. Questline reward doesn't matter in most matchups, most of the time you can combo if you get discounts on spell damage and damage spells. Don't be afraid to use an All Fel Breaks Loose and some spell damage to handle early pressure (and usually get a full heal). Mark of Scorn is useful midgame to advance quest and maybe do some damage, but greeding it has been a mistake for me because inevitably the bottom of the deck is minion dense. Current list is below. It's fun, challenging (to me, an idiot), and it seems competitive.

### quest
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (1) Final Showdown
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 2x (3) Silvermoon Arcanist
# 2x (4) Guild Trader
# 2x (5) Need for Greed
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAZWrBAT39gON9wPQ+QOGkgUNwvEDifcDivcDxfkDyIAEtp8EtKAEr94EsN4EquIEheUEi5IFnaQFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I am not good at this deck but it is hilarious

here is another deck that I am not good at but is hilarious. the original version I stole this from had commander sivara in place of kel'thuzad, but I don't have the former and do have the latter, so

### skelebolt
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Arcane Wyrm
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Shivering Sorceress
# 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (2) Frozen Touch
# 2x (3) Arcsplitter
# 2x (3) Frostweave Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 2x (3) Nightcloak Sanctum
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (5) Aegwynn, the Guardian
# 2x (6) Deathborne
# 1x (8) Kel'Thuzad, the Inevitable
#
AAECAZirBASL5wOd7gOXoAS65AQN1OoD0uwDn5IEoZIE4aQE294E+uwE3e0EgpMFhJMFxZMFq5gFopkFAA==
#

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it just worked for me, on the american server if that matters

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

there's a rare daily quest that's a duplicate of the 50 battlecries weekly, not a bug

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Starsfan posted:

https://twitter.com/ZeddyHS/status/1623759166358831105

so what's the earliest that a deck is going to be able to pull off this insta win combo in wild lol

as the comments point out, even in standard, proving grounds, front lines, and from de other side all synergize with these in some jank-rear end sense. definitely gonna try it lmao

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

(extremely richard nixon voice) Jesus Christ.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

one of druid's new mini-set cards is death beetle: 6/6/6 undead beast taunt manathirst (11): gain +4/+4 and charge. given that guff's rotating in april, I guess this means druid will get another way to break 10 mana in the next expansion

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

first game against a shaman, turn 2 gnoll into coin blazing transmutation into neptulon. I love video games,

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

is there a way to access the tutorial via single player mode or has it already been fixed

start playing hearthstone (like, click "hearthstone") and there's a ? button that lets you play the tutorial

I just beat up hogger and skipped during millhouse and I was indeed given the starter quest to play a game in practice mode so it looks like this works

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Excelzior posted:

congratulations you no longer get xp or quest progression in Standard/Wild anymore

fun little bug on top of the bug

lmao, can confirm that my tracking stopped on game 2 of step 4 and I didn't get any exp for it either. undone by my own greed............

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

GTO posted:

Has anyone done a degenerate evolve shaman deck that exploits the thaddius odd cards cost 1 mana thing yet?

I think this is just called "evolve shaman"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

simply also buff ur'zul giant to 12 mana

although - does blazing transmutation work differently than evolve effects? my assumption was that evolves would turn gnoll into gnoll as the only 11-mana minion in standard

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

after religiously doing the 15th-of-the-month nozdormu quest for who knows how many months, today I faced someone else who was also doing it, for the first time, twice in a row. feeling hashtag blessed

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Sloppy posted:

Everyone gets it around the same time I think, I had it too. I like these fun quests like that that break up the routine. I slapped together a super cheap and poorly thought out mech/holy paladin with noz in it just to smash a few quests simultaneously and came very close to beating a big spell mage, lol.

yeah, everyone gets it on the 15th of every month, but I had never, ever played anyone else who also had noz in their deck until today. granted I was playing in standard and not casual

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RatHat posted:

Warlock legendary spell (On the left)

Seems not bad, especially with Warlock's other legendary that thins decks out. Fatigue could be a decent win condition for Warlock this expansion.

By the way the only legendary left to be revealed is Druid's legendary spell

I assume the initial discover is 3 of the 7 randomly chosen?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23934449/26-0-patch-notes

rotation unnerfs announced. not limited to the rotating year, either - some real old cards in here. I'd say the highlight is that warsong commander is going back to its old effect of "when you summon a minion with 3 or less attack, give it charge." everyone, get in here. also thanks to the paying-with-health-isn't-self-damage change, stealer of souls is unbanned and unnerfed changed to 4/2/6 only affecting the first card you draw each turn, and demon seed is unbanned with each step being 10 self-damage

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 3, 2023

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

went 19-5 with this list I stole off vicious syndicate before I got bored and switched decks

### aggro
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Shambling Chow
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Bibliomite
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Wayward Sage
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Magnifying Glaive
# 2x (3) Predation
# 2x (3) Rowdy Fan
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (4) Metamorphosis
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (4) Sightless Magistrate
#
AAECAbn5AwT7vwSU1AT0yAWongYN0p8EiLIEmLoE+b8EntQEpeIEq+IExuIEve0EjaUF2tAF4fgF0J4GAAA=
#

now trying handbuff BBU dk, which is not nearly as good but I want to make it work anyway. also gonna do menagerie warrior later since I opened golden voone (right after I got bolf ramshield)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

patch notes are live https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23935323/26-0-4-patch-notes

DK rule nerf: triple-rune cards of any combination (all the same, different like climactic necrotic explosion, etc) can no longer be discovered or generated

three card nerfs: overseer frigidara from 5 attack to 3, rowdy fan from +4 attack to +3, twig of the world tree got the expected nerf to "refresh your mana crystals"

wide variety of buffs. lots for warrior, including verse riff/bridge riff/voone/power slider, and thori'belore can now be revived infinitely

spitelash siren made cheaper, a 4 mana 2/5, so I expect that will make a resurgence

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

school teacher can still discover vampiric blood to teach to the nagaling, for the record e: wait the patch isn't live yet, my rowdy fan still says +4

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

would you prefer that legendaries be required to have any success?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Navaash posted:

^^ So then reword the card to "Whenever your hero attacks, set this weapon's Attack to 3, and if attacking a minion, its stats are set to 3/3." Would preserve the spirit of what it's intended to do while also killing its face burst potential. Only worry is if it would be considered too much text on a card, even though we aren't anywhere near any of the novel-length single card game texts in Magic/YGO.

cards like feast and famine and for quel'thalas don't give the weapon bonus attack, they give the hero attack directly, so "set this weapon's attack to 3" wouldn't change anything. I know what you meant just being pedantic

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

WarEternal posted:

I know almost nothing about battlegrounds except I play a couple games every few days, I only have 2 choices and I'm at 6064. What's considered "high"? I have no perception of it.

The top 50% of players have reached 5700 mmr
The top 25% of players have reached 6500 mmr
The top 10% of players have reached 7000 mmr
Congratulations to the top 1% of players who have reached 8300 mmr

those are old stats (may 2022) but it's probably about the same now. on the US leaderboards, 14,452 people are rating 8000 or higher. not sure how many there are in total.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

dane and roffle are great for wild, I like kibler for standard, dog is king for bgs, and the best hearthstone content creator is chump

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

finally purify priest will have its day

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

kater posted:

The way y’all talking I thought there were new quests this is the same stuffs

battlegrounds? there are new quests and rewards https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23973118

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

just gonna do the same thing I do every expansion: spend all my gold on packs, build based on what legendaries I open, and then craft bolf ramshield

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

okay, the interaction between cleave minions like hollow hound/stonebound gargon and always a bigger jormungar (give a minion +2 attack and excess damage hits the enemy hero) is god-drat hilarious

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

battlegrounds season 5 announced https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23987536/announcing-battlegrounds-season-5

an "anomaly" system will be added - one random rule per game that applies to everybody - launch will have 20, with more gradually released until the total is over 50. examples include "start the game at 10 gold," "everyone's hero is denathrius," and "start with 10 extra armor and tier 7 exists." that last one will appear 5x more often than average and has its own set of minions etc

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

they've been trying to make "a portal that summons 3/2 imps" work since un'goro and now that it's finally not poo poo you want to take it all away again

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

standing with people of the same charge buffed your damage and was necessary to chew through his massive health pool before he enraged, it's reasonably on brand

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so apparently they stealth buffed Firelands Portal; it's now deal 6 damage summon a random 6 cost minion

this happened to quite a few cards they were toying with in testing and accidentally pushed live. timber wolf became a 1/2, swipe went to 3 mana, glaivezooka gave a random friendly minion +2 attack, some others I've forgotten, let me look them up... dragon's breath to 5 damage, and jinyu waterspeaker to 4/6. dragon's breath, swipe, and glaivezooka are reverted; timber wolf, firelands portal, and jinyu waterspeaker are here to stay.

Color Printer posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1696568401861447777

In what universe does recurring nightmare need a loving buff? Is that a misprint? There's no way

comedy option for faithful companions: manathirst (11)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

bwahaha, hit legend today with rainbow mage. deck's good. only warrior, druid, and priest remain

Last King posted:

not about being bad, it's about time being wasted. even if i won, it's not fun and my evening is gone. wasn't that long ago that you'd queue into endless dks but sure please keep those rose tinted glasses on.

fun is an objective quality

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nybble posted:

Dunno which image hosting provider I should be using, so just imagine I posted a screenshot from my game earlier where I got hit for 36 by Recurring Nightmare * Brann’s Wife(?)… only for that player to go out in sixth. I eventually got my own RN * Brann’s Wife(?) in order to defeat the final player with a 54 damage hit. I’m shocked there was no achievement for a hit that big.

niece, emperor thaurissan’s wife :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Yeah true! I was mainly poking fun at how bad that text is. They should just have made it like noz where both players have it in the deck for it to fire

I'm told it does always fire if both players run it, actually

granted you may specifically object to the 25% chance if it's only one, but at the very least it's guaranteed if both players are sickos