Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Twist isn't happening until september

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Nobody on my old friends list plays anymore, could I get a couple people to add me so I can do spectate quests? I'm flatluigi#1615 and am on the US servers (since I found out that you still can't spectate cross region, or at least I couldn't find how to do it on mobile)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
very annoyed that aquatic form and cultivation doesn't work the way I want it to

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
disappointed this didn't get me an achievement

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
could someone give me a rundown of the board clears in standard? I took a long break and now I've lost track about when the wrong turns to play into a clear are

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that is a hell of a lot more board wipes than I thought, rip

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Shockeh posted:

Start of T6:
Warlock has Clash of Wills on board.

End of Turn 6:
Thaddius 11/11
Thaddius 11/11
Rush Giant 11/11
Sargeras 6/12
Portal making GBS threads out 2 3/5 Taunts for the rest of the game

‘No Shockeh, it’s hyperbole that the power creep has gone too far’

the portal with permanent taunts is definitely one of the things that I've encountered since returning that makes me really question how powerful my deck needs to be to get anywhere on ladder

the other one is a combo I saw that healed my opponent to full and cleared my board at the same time? it was a combination of a creature and a buff spell that cleaved away three creatures and hit my face for the excess damage, with lifelink

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
looks like the next battlegrounds season starts the 22nd

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
generally hoping there'll be some more sedate mutators mixed in with the very wild ones, but who knows

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
part of the idea of printing a set directly to an extended format is that you can target a power level higher than you would in a regular old standard set

the problem is when people like playing those extended formats with the cards that already exist in the format, and then the format ends up warping around those new cards. i don't think it's much of an issue in hearthstone's case because as far as i can tell nobody gives a poo poo about wild currently and any improvement would be worth it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I was losing anyway, but careful if you're playing Thorim if you have any cards that buff the cards in your hand b/c I was unable to play my free card because of it -- yknow, the entire reason you pick him as your BG hero anyway

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
back when I last played I had a ton of plugins in hearthstone deck tracker, but poking around currently makes it seem like many of them haven't been updated in years and have stopped working. is there a better place than github to look for them, or is it a mostly abandoned HDT feature?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
any twist brews yet? i'm so out of touch i don't even know where I'd look for them these days

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
RIP putting a weight on the spacebar and going to make a sandwich

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there's just a lot more powerful things you can put in your deck than the fisherman

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think i've seen anything that i recognize as being from the miniset, what decks are people playing with those cards?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

fanny packrat posted:

The Druid minion that refreshes mana is key for Tony Miracle Druid. A few lists floating around, here's one I want to play:

### Tony
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Embrace of Nature
# 2x (1) Funnel Cake
# 2x (1) Planted Evidence
# 2x (1) Rake
# 2x (2) Contaminated Lasher
# 2x (2) Lifebinder's Gift
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
# 1x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (5) Summer Flowerchild
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (10) The Jailer
# 1x (15) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
#
AAECAZSaBgbB3wSm7wTN0AX93wXYgQaplQYMrp8E2p8EoKAErsAE1t4E7qMFoukF8foF/Y0Gu5kGqZ4Gq54GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

good news, i had all the cards for this and this deck sucks

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

peer posted:

not really into Twist but this is a cool buff to my favourite card

do the twist buffs carry over to wild decks proper? I haven't played enough to notice, and I'm completely out of touch with where to look for fun brews these days

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1715397473508745526

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

this is happening now, so go idle in some hearthstone twitch channel for four hours for your nine packs

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
maybe once they start giving out packs constantly for gamepass subscribers it'll go back up

edit: it is the 16th most popular game category on twitch right now and only 3k less than minecraft, so shrug

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 21, 2023

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
twist has helped a bunch for me while I'm rebuilding a collection after a long time away, though I do wish it was a more fun format

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
rip yogg, you were a fun card to abuse and now you're 1600 free dust

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Desert Bus posted:

tony back in wild ugh

he no longer does anything to the opponent's deck

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it has been almost a decade since discover was introduced to hearthstone

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm out of touch with hearthstone templating, can you cast that on an empty board/without targetting a friendly minion?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, the art design is half of why i came back to the game. i'm never going to touch wow again unless they, like, remove the sub fee and add expansions to gamepass so in the interim i can look at this little dude and go 'yeah murlocs still own'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

Patch 28.0.2 is a server-side patch rolling out today with the following updates and bug fixes:

Hearthstone Updates

Dev Comment: It’s been a fun few days since the launch of Showdown in the Badlands. We’ve heard a lot of yeehaws, but we’ve also seen one clear sentiment outlier for players: there’s a snake in their boots! It’s still early, so we’re not at our balance window for the set yet, but we know we want to adjust this negative play experience regardless of where the power lands, so we’ve decided to do a temporary adjustment now, ahead of our scheduled balance patch, coming soon.

However, there are limits to what we can do a server-side hotfix. First, we can only adjust the “big numbers” like stats and cost. Stats are not the problem on this card, so we’re increasing the cost here. This is NOT the change we plan to eventually land on. When we get to our balance patch, our plan is to revert this mana cost change and make a different adjustment that still meets our goals, but is more cohesive with the set overall. Second, server-side adjustments mean that cards have different versions between the client and the server. That means the card will appear as it currently does in places like your Collection, but then will have the red “adjusted stats” when you try to play it in-game. We know this will cause some confusion—which is part of why we don’t often make balance changes in server patches—but we think it’s worth it for the overall enjoyment of the launch period. Finally, we’ll do things like dust refunds with that balance patch, so keep that in mind when making your collection decisions.

Azerite Snake (the Warlock Excavate Treasure)

- Old: 4 Mana
- New: 6 Mana

Magister Dawngrasp
- Temporarily banned in all Modes.
Dev Comment: We found a bug with Magister Dawngrasp’s hero power that is causing disconnects. The problem is particularly bad because it’s a hero power, so it can cause a disconnect every turn. We have a fix coming, but it requires a different type of patch, so we’re temporarily banning Dawngrasp until we can get that bug fix in.

Battlegrounds Updates

The following Anomalies will now appear more frequently:

- Bring in the Buddies
- Double Header
- Echoes of Argus
- Grapnel of the Titans
- The Golden Arena

The following Anomalies will now appear less frequently:

- What Are the Odds?
- How to Even??
- No place like Holmes (lower-MMR lobbies only)
- Eleventh Hour (lower-MMR lobbies only)

The following Anomalies have been removed from the Anomaly pool:

- Shackles of the Primus
- Temperance of Aman’Thul

The following bans will now apply to the following Anomalies:

- No Face, No Case: Alexstrasza, Fungalmancer Flurgl, Galakrond
- Feline Fortune: Mr. Bigglesworth
- Valuation Inflation: Treasure-Seeker Elise

Arena Updates

Draft appearance rates were reduced for several cards in Death Knight and Warrior. Draft appearance rates were increased for several cards in Rogue, Warlock, and Priest. Additionally, the following cards have been banned from drafting:

- Mogu Cultist
- Grand Totem Eye’sor
- Dark Pharaoh Tekhan
- Algalon the Observer
- Shu’ma
- Tip the Scales
- Curse of Flesh
- Bloodmage Thalnos

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
- [Hearthstone] Purified Dragon Nest will no longer be able to Discover Rheastrasza. We will no longer have to ask which came first: the dragon or the egg?
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where certain cards could break Reno, Lone Ranger’s effect. This also fixes Reno, Lone Ranger breaking Anachronos’s effect.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Spurfang’s effect would sometimes cause a visually blank board slot.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Reliquary Researcher could roll a Secret you already controlled, resulting in you getting less than its full effect.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where discarded Barrels of Sludge would not have Lifesteal while Pop’gar the Putrid was in play.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Bartend-O-Bot would activate the Quickdraw effects of all cards in your hand.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Disciple of Eonar’s effect wouldn’t be “spent” on Choose One transforming minions.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Colossal minions couldn’t be created by Wishing Well.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Glaciate and Azerite Ox could summon Colossal minions directly into play.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Pile of Bones didn’t maintain its premium (Golden or Signature) when resummoned.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Mes’Adune the Fractured didn’t maintain the premium (Golden or Signature) of the Elemental it split.
- [Battlegrounds][ Fixed a bug where Eonar’s Overgrown Arena and Nomi, Kitchen Nightmare could cause extra stat adjustments.
- [Collection] Fixed a bug where certain Signature cards (Sheriff Barrelbrim, C’Thun, and Lor’themar Theron) weren’t included in “Random Signature” pools, like certain bundles.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it might just need more time to cook, singleton decks are notoriously hard to finalize a build for

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Chernabog posted:

Don't really like this patch, seems like most of the fixes don't really address the problems.

i think it'll probably do enough to highlight what the actual biggest problems are. less powerful decks are gonna be a bit more viable instead of being completely edged out from the conversation. still will likely lead to further changes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

bravesword posted:

In “Huh, that’s weird” news, five cards are getting nerfed tomorrow — not because of power level concerns, but because they cause so many bugs and strange corner case interactions that Blizzard’s gotten sick of dealing with them. Those five cards are: Fate Splitter, Monstrous Parrot, Counterfeit Blade, Dwarven Archaelogist, and Madam Goya. The Parrot especially is a tragic loss, as that enabled some fun stuff.

The reworked version of all of these cards are pretty much useless, so feel free to dust them — but the dust refunds don’t go live until the next hotfix patch even though the changes go live tomorrow, so hold off until then.

here's the changes:

quote:

Fate Splitter

Old: Deathrattle: Get a copy of the card that killed this.
New: Deathrattle: Get a copy of the last card your opponent played.
Monstrous Parrot

Old: Battlecry: Repeat the last friendly Deathrattle that triggered.
New: Battlecry: Get a copy of the last friendly Deathrattle minion that died.
Counterfeit Blade

Old: Battlecry: Gain a random friendly Deathrattle that triggered this game.
New: Battlecry: Get a copy of a random friendly Deathrattle minion that died this game.
Dwarven Archaeologist

Old: [2 Mana] 2/3. After you Discover a card, reduce its Cost by (1).
New: [3 Mana] 3/3. Battlecry: Discover a card. Reduce its Cost by (1).
Madam Goya

Old: Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Swap it with a minion in your deck.
New: Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Summon any copies of it in your deck.

i feel like they might see some use, but yeah get your dust where you can

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

RatHat posted:

Not sure if it’s a bug but these aren’t giving dust refunds

bravesword posted:

but the dust refunds don’t go live until the next hotfix patch even though the changes go live tomorrow, so hold off until then.

i quoted that in the post you quoted, probably just a mechanical issue

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i miss twist already

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Desert Bus posted:

Did they shut that down?

yeah it's apparently meant to go in and out of existence and they extended it for the holidays, but as of this month it's gone and it'll be over a month until it returns (i don't even know if they have a return date down, possibly even after rotation)

as someone who played at release and took a very long break, it was hitting about exactly where my card collection was pretty full so i got to keep trying out new decks in it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
astonished mercs outlived duels but I guess there must still be people spending money on mercs

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I mean I like it too, but it was put into the game while I was on break from it and since I've returned I can't shake the feeling that the mode might just disappear as soon as I decide to put some serious time into it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i definitely didn't try out duels for much because it definitely seemed like all the Good Decks involved very specific cards i didn't own

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i've been playing a lot of plague dk and highlander decks can absolutely beat me the gently caress up even with their specific stuff turned off, it's far from an autolose/win

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah every highlander deck should be packing an ETC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nah, always play it out. even with a helya I've had games with a dozen plagues shuffled in and they just never draw one. don't think you've lost until you actually lose