Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Desert Bus posted:

Do Whizbang/Zayle decks update or are they attached to the expansion they came out in?

Zayle.shouldn't since it was specifically the villains decks from the League of Evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just got mine with Denathrius, Stolen Gold and Staff of Origination in a lobby with dragons. Only saw one Tarecgosa but it was early enough to not be a problem with the support from two golden mantid queens.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Jesus, got the 'Every turn spin the wheel of Yogg Saron' quest reward, coasted to 1st easy. 5 of remaining 10 turns landed on get 2 dark moon prizes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Question about Immune, is Onyxia a special case where the immune effect turns off taunt or is that interaction universal?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Toshimo posted:

I saw someone Uther a Baron to 15/15, spell craft it golden, and then every round it would turn back to regular baron at 14/8 and he had to regolden it to get back to 15/15.

That's weird, I used it Garr played a few elementals and then next round it kept the stats but became regular again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Both, if you opponent kills a minion, or you attack the minion into something to kill it and then the card on the same turn satisfy the condional.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah changing the base value or the scaling is the least disruptive way to change Denathrius.

Can they change it so it isn't a battle cry? Like make it a one time end of turn trigger?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

aw frig aw dang it posted:

This happened to me earlier and it made me so mad lol

Same, but then the next game I had Patchwerk copied by a priest that played it with Envy. Fortunately his Patchwerk hit the original copy before Envy could steal it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Would it be too much if Astalor stayed virtually the same butt shuffled into your deck instead of going to hand?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Toshimo posted:

Idk if the change was enough. There's a bunch of situations where it's a buff.

Maybe, but only summoning one is going to slow the scaling a bunch.

Putricide can't give it reborn or poisonous anymore at least.

Edit: misread the patch notes and didn't see the summoner got reborn natively.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 26, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Excelzior posted:

it's a constant effect which means the decks swap back if it dies, is removed from the board or gets silenced

it *might* be part of some convoluted combo (especially in Wild) but realistically it will just be a pseudo-taunt that sometimes draws you a card from your opponent's deck

I can see it getting traction if Jailer Paladin becomes a thing again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Julio Cruz posted:

it seems to do really well at controlling the board with all the buffed-up rushers and then hits you in the face with a Windfury Reborn One-Analgam Band until you’re dead

Yeah, plus if you save amalgam of the deep for the same turn you can drop the buff totem you have a high chance to discover an extra one amalgam band since there's so few neutral totems.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Quiet Feet posted:

Wonder if they'll change corpse requirements? It feels exceedingly rare that DKs don't have the necessary corpses for secondary effects.

I could see them giving all generated creatures the risen keyword so coroses only come from creatures summoned from hand.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mr Beens posted:

Maybe, but not the hero power minion.

Either that or capping corpses to twice your mana.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Finally got Spicy Pretzel Mustard with this build.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
See you in hell Hogger. The 6* elemental that acts like a wild card feels like it'll be a bust.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Because Immune means it can't be targeted either.

Random destruction effect don't target, neither do board wipes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there a Rokara like card in Standard now? I just played a rogue with a shaman hero power that stuck around even after he was playing rogue cards.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just won a BG where I lost the first 6 bring me to 1 life, but I found a second golden Zesty Shaker and a golden Crooner that turn.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bravesword posted:

I played Marvel Snap for a bit but the card acquisition system drove me nuts. I’d rather be nickel-and-dimed by microtransactions a hundred times over than grind that stupid ladder, unable to build anything new, hoping the RNG gifts me something cool. Add that to the fact that the game will randomly make itself unplayable by doing a featured location that makes game horrendously unfun, and it didn’t take me long to put it aside.

I tried it and was having fun, but I hit a bug where it wouldn't save my ladder unlocks and wouldn't let me play a game until I unlocked the next rung. After two weeks of not being able to play I just Uninstalled and moved on

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Cute idea, but do you play it and just hope they forget to use it after two or three passes?

Oh wait, the spend all your mana is a trigger not an action itself

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 26, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally got my Patchwerk first, but it was a dirty win. Dude was running a leapfrog build and I destroyed him the first two matches so he concedes.

Next fight the hits don't go my way and his ghost kills me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Navaash posted:

Hey if he ragequits a W is a W. I had a game the other day where it was down to three and the third place player (I was facing him and in second) abruptly threw the waving murloc emote and quit. He shouldn't have since his ghost hit me for 11 and basically left me to my last strike.

Oh I'm not too proud to take it. Especially since it leaves with just 15 heroes to 1st and brb to 100% the achievements for BG.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

OMFG FURRY posted:

Teddy and Regis, and other streamers, pretty much all share notes and leaks. Teddy's whole shtick is angry nerd, Regis is the 'jolly fool'. E N G A G M E N T comes in many forms, just treat it like a soap opera and don't try to think too deeply about it

Regis' click bait title but the video is pretty fair. He's been rating the cost against only getting one ability off since most of these are KOS when they hit the board.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Some of these new quests are broken as hell. I got Doppelganger's Locket and nearly lost to a guy with Trans-ogre-ication but I had enough life to barley lose 3 times in a row adding 200/200 Kalecgoses to my hand each turn until I found that Murloc that gains all the stats of minions in your hand.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can't you dust those specific legendaries for full value on launch day, allowing you to choose which legendary to get instead?

Or was that changed with the reroll change?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
With all the aura effects they've added lately I wonder if we'll get a minion that silences them.

Edit: I mean not a silence everything like Starfish, just auras like Raid Leader, Odyn or Frostlich Jaina

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 3, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

goferchan posted:

Twist is funny, i forgot how bad old cards are. I didn't remember what the Kazakus effects were and got a laugh at my 10-mana "gain 10 armor, freeze 3 random enemy minions" spell

I had forgotten how many out of standard legendary cards I had dusted over the years until looking through the list

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RatHat posted:

Yup, if profits don’t increase then they decrease expenses(which most of the time means firing employees)

One of the people laid off said they just had a huge team meeting last week for leadership to thank them for making HS the most profitable it's been in years.

Word is it's a restructure in anticipation of the merger. Most of the people hit have been in tool and function development.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 27, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blasmeister posted:

The Mtg miracle mechanic but in hearthstone drags up bad memories but being a digital game you can actually code that to work properly. Still inherently a very swingy RNG mechanic without a bunch of dredge around. Excavate sounds like a more interesting version of Jades (abut with more RNG of course)

Hope there's a Firestorm that hits face and all minions if you drew it this turn card for Kibbler to lose a game to.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, feels like more often than not Yogg is just going to merc himself and and give your opponent a free turn.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

so, your last two minions are Adaptable Barricades with 100+ attack? Well, you just killed my golden Boombot and it doesn't adapt for the bomb damage :smuggo:

Hah, I had a similar win, though mine was a tunnel blaster I had removed the taunt from so it would swing after the shields were popped.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

How long is a mini-set usually kept up for sale?

All standard mini sets are currently for sale, so at least after the store update, a long time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It would stack and be multiplicative.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Handbuff DK is fun, love dropping two 16 damage quillboars and doing 32 at end of my turn.

Just noticed they took away the diamond legendary for getting 27 legendaries

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 21, 2024

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It feels like a very fast standard. Like most games are on a 7- 9 turn clock.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't know if it's bugged or just a really powerful skill, but the new 5* Naga's spellcraft to give the stats of a minion in the tavern to a random minion doesn't go away after thr turn ends.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Olpainless posted:

If you want to rip through the brawl real quick I highly recommend this horrorshow

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Claw
# 1x (1) Lost in the Park
# 2x (2) Breath of Dreams
# 2x (2) Harmonic Mood
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (2) Rake
# 2x (3) Feral Rage
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 2x (3) Frost Lotus Seedling
# 2x (3) Fungal Fortunes
# 2x (3) Gnash
# 2x (3) Pendant of Earth
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (4) Bite
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (7) Overflow
# 1x (10) Ultimate Infestation
# 2x (12) Arcane Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
# 2x (20) Naga Giant
# 1x (20) Playhouse Giant
#
AAEBAZICBIfOAqP2A5fvBJC0BhLBBJoIgrQC/M0CntICv/IC26UDjK4D5boDr4AEuKAEjbIE7qMFguAFkeAF2/oFmqAG8OYGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Why is the Naga giant there? You can spending mana on spells this brawl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just make it double the first battle cry you play per turn.