Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
NA Caracas#11432.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I think the answer is probably "no", but I wonder if Dew Process with Shellfish and the deathrattle package will make Mill Druid a thing. I really hope so.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

victorious posted:

I started playing it a couple of days ago. The short games are great and I like the gameplay/Snap system but I can sense it's going to start getting really grindy in terms of getting new cards pretty soon so I don't know how long I'll keep playing for. Also there are way too many currencies, achievement/XP point systems and menus going on, it's a bit too complex outside the game itself.

Same here, for all of this.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Has anyone received their twitch drops yet? I've claimed them but they haven't hit the game yet.

I've been playing bomblock on ladder. Feels good if you dodge aggro (and sometimes it feels good into aggro, defile is a hell of a card).

### bombs
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (1) Grimoire of Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (1) Wicked Shipment
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Impending Catastrophe
# 2x (2) Naval Mine
# 2x (3) Fiendish Circle
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 1x (4) Tamsin's Phylactery
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 2x (5) Runed Mithril Rod
# 1x (6) Dreadlich Tamsin
# 2x (6) Entitled Customer
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
#
AAECAcn1AgbX7QPy7QOwkQTxkQSXoATbuQQMvfEDxvkDgvsDg/sDxYAEsZ8E5qAE56AEiLAEm9QE/9kEyOsFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Sankara posted:

Man. This game sucks, huh?

What aren't you liking about it, friend?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Luff posted:

Now I kind of want to see an undercosted spammy arcanist reprint with honorable kill: deal 1 damage to your hero

Warlock questline would love to see that too.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I'm pretty excited about this expansion, and I think I'm going to cash in my dust hoard before it drops.

How much are other people sitting on?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Lister posted:

After 9 years of play, not crafting meta decks, and "only" spending $200 on the game - I have about 165,000 dust between the bank and extra cards.

That's quite a cache! You think you'll ever push the button?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Luff posted:

I wonder if Astalor + Voidtouched Attendant will be decent in anything. It's probably a dead card too often in an aggressive shadow priest deck, but maybe in a more midrange-y one

Looking forward to the priest and mage cards. Concoctions will probably be fun for a while too. I'm not really feeling the DK hype, but that might just be me not wanting to spend the 2k gold

The concoction package looks kind of broken to me. Can't wait to play it!

I'm hoping that we get some viable, lean, aggro decks too. Looks like there's a good amount of late game stuff and I want to kick people in the face while they are trying to set up their 5 card combos.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
For sure. My first standard pack was double signature legendary.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

RatHat posted:

I think they disabled Standard pack openings because people were getting too many signature legendaries.

Yup. Can't open standard packs on pc or android.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

peer posted:

went 9-1 with the greediest of homebrew Blood DK decks. Nine of my opponents were other death knights

Post your list.

I unpacked the hunter legendary that gives spell damage and I've been playing with shockspitters. Feels strong (probably much better if I had the arcane quivers). Brann+shockspitter is nasty if you drew early weapons. Bouncing spitters with swarm helps a lot with early board control and preserves the combo.

### shocks
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Candleshot
# 2x (1) Ricochet Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Bloodseeker
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Shockspitter
# 2x (2) Silvermoon Farstrider
# 2x (2) Talented Arcanist
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Halduron Brightwing
# 2x (3) Keeneye Spotter
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Eversong Portal
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
#
AAECAZerBATbkQSW1ASY1ASwkgUNlegD6ukDlPwD9o8EqZ8Eqp8Ep5AFmpIFqpIFqJMFqZMFrpMFj6QFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Boatswain posted:

I've been having fun with Quest Druid and Miracle Rogue so far.

Post your lists!

Chernabog posted:

I've done extremely well with deathrattle shaman. If they don't control it early it quickly gets out of hand, but if they do it has nice finishers with denathrius or Bolner+Astalor.

Post your list! Does it run Scourge Troll? How important is it if so?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

TyrantWD posted:

Using the Vicious Syndicate list from their 40 decks to try article. Giving this deck another win condition and another way to mana cheat to play that win condition if you didn’t draw Guff was certainly a weird decision. Being able to drop 64 damage from hand without Denathrius makes control vs control so much easier.

Man, I'm so tempted to craft Anub Rekhan because it's all I'm missing (and I opened the Druid quest recently), but then I look at Cornelius Roame in my collection and remember about spending dust on day 1.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Chernabog posted:

Scourge troll is really important, it can outright win you some games.

I figured. I didn't open any, but it looks like a fun list.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Julio Cruz posted:

I figure some streamer has been playing this this morning because it's suddenly everywhere

This looks like the list RobotWizard posted after he hit rank 1.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

When Pigs Cry posted:

Okay, yeah, I'm a dumbass. I probably just missed that first pack if the event ended that early. hosed up that twitch doesn't show watch time on closed campaigns

They do though. That's the closed campaign from today showing that I still need to watch 19 minutes to get a drop. If only I'd put the stream on 20 minutes earlier...

e: had anyone here been playing quest DH otk? I just can't win with it, but it is fun. Right now I'm trying the list with Jace and Fury instead of the deathrattle weapon and peddler. Just getting rolled by any board pressure.

fanny packrat fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 11, 2022

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

fanny packrat posted:

e: has anyone here been playing quest DH otk? I just can't win with it, but it is fun. Right now I'm trying the list with Jace and Fury instead of the deathrattle weapon and peddler. Just getting rolled by any board pressure.

In case anyone is playing this, I'm slowly figuring it out. Questline reward doesn't matter in most matchups, most of the time you can combo if you get discounts on spell damage and damage spells. Don't be afraid to use an All Fel Breaks Loose and some spell damage to handle early pressure (and usually get a full heal). Mark of Scorn is useful midgame to advance quest and maybe do some damage, but greeding it has been a mistake for me because inevitably the bottom of the deck is minion dense. Current list is below. It's fun, challenging (to me, an idiot), and it seems competitive.

### quest
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (1) Final Showdown
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 2x (3) Silvermoon Arcanist
# 2x (4) Guild Trader
# 2x (5) Need for Greed
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAZWrBAT39gON9wPQ+QOGkgUNwvEDifcDivcDxfkDyIAEtp8EtKAEr94EsN4EquIEheUEi5IFnaQFAA==
#

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

GTO posted:

I'm romping through diamond with this deck. It's great fun.

How are you doing against DR Rogues? I haven't played for a couple of days, but I'm thinking it might make sense to drop a viper for a starfish if there are still tons on ladder.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I decided to try out that new mage list in the VS report. I wasn't planning on pushing for legend this month, but this deck hard carried me from D3. Felt good into just about everything (except miracle rogue).

### Ice burn
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Arcane Wyrm
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Shivering Sorceress
# 2x (1) Suspicious Alchemist
# 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (2) Frozen Touch
# 2x (3) Arcsplitter
# 2x (3) Frostweave Dungeoneer
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (4) Commander Sivara
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (5) Aegwynn, the Guardian
# 2x (6) Deathborne
#
AAECAf0EBIvnA5egBKneBOKkBQ3U6gPS7AOfkgShkgThpASWtwTa0ATb3gT67ATd7QSCkwXFkwWrmAUA
#

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Personally, I like Brann. I like doing powerful things, and I like when games can end proactively instead of reactively (Barrens Control Priest was probably my least favorite deck to queue into). This new attrition priest is only tolerable (for me) because I can do things from hand to kill it, and you can tech against it with e.g. Starfish, Attorney at Maw if it gets too popular. People like to play 30 minute disruption-attrition-fatigue-concede games, and that's fine with me, it just isn't my style, and when it's too prevalent I check out of the game.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Blasmeister posted:

As far as I’m aware, signatures are on their own tier of opening odds so aren’t replacing a ‘normal’ legendary when you get them. Even if you won’t use it it’s at least stopping you from opening a regular version of the card from now on so it’s a small bonus.

If I'm remembering right, signatures "replace" a common when you unpack them.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Wow, they just killed a ton of decks I like. At least it's a ton of dust refunded.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Desert Bus posted:

Renethal is still good, I think. The extra life is nice but it's the extra cards that really matter. SUPER HAPPY to see Tome Tampering banned in Wild. The Obliterate change could go either way. Don't really care about the rest.

I'm very disappointed about the Obliterate change. 2 mana+3 damage for hard removal seems really strong, and now there's such a limited downside to using it on a huge minion.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

GTO posted:

Dusted all the refund cards and got 6500 back. Any thoughts on what the new meta is gonna be?

Surely it's blood DK's time to shine!

Maybe Pure Paladin gets some traction, or that aggro mage can do some damage.

I'd love to see 30 card astalor combo Druid take off though.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Surely this opens the way for Boar Druid.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

aw frig aw dang it posted:

That's weird! I've only seen one Rogue today in Platinum.

I queued into five Renethal decks in a row this morning. They, uh, did not seem good.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I just got a rage add for "playing a tier 1 deck in casual." The deck? Phylactery Warlock.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Mine lock feels pretty strong so far. I've only played it in casual since I'm learning still, but the damage output is silly. Lots of counting with Devourer and Shallow Grave (definitely requires more thinking than the defile iteration) but you can do stuff like OTK with only three minions if you get the right discounts.

### Mine
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (1) Devourer of Souls
# 2x (1) Grimoire of Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (1) Wicked Shipment
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Explosive Sheep
# 2x (2) Impending Catastrophe
# 2x (2) Naval Mine
# 2x (2) Shallow Grave
# 2x (3) Fiendish Circle
# 2x (3) Scourge Supplies
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 1x (4) Tamsin's Phylactery
# 2x (5) Runed Mithril Rod
# 1x (6) Dreadlich Tamsin
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
#
AAECAcn1AgTy7QOwkQTxkQTCkgUN1+0DvfEDxvkDg/sDxYAE1aAE5qAE56AEiLAEm9QE/9kEpZIFwJIFAA==
#

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Desert Bus posted:

DesertBus#1367

Please come borrow and try this it's AMAZING. I haven't had this much fun in this game in a long time. This deck fucks:

### hahaha gently caress off
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Body Bagger
# 1x (1) Heart Strike
# 1x (1) Icy Touch
# 1x (1) Noxious Cadaver
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Hematurge
# 1x (2) Obliterate
# 1x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 1x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Death Strike
# 1x (5) Blood Boil
# 1x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 1x (5) Deathbringer Saurfang
# 1x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Boneguard Commander
# 1x (8) Soulstealer
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAfHhBCi5sgLfxAL8owORsQOPzgOW6AOm7wPQ+QOoigSljQSlrQTlsATHsgTp0ASW1ASY1ASa1AS42QT04wT84wT94wT+4wSJ5ASU5ASJ5gSx5gS05gSP7QSX7wSk7wSE9gSH9gSy9wSz9wS+9wS2+gSrgAWogQWimQXipAUAAA==
#

What's the average game length on this, a week?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Just can't find something to get to work for D10 to D5. Evolve Shaman and Spell Demon Hunter should be viable but I struggle to make them work.

What are you facing? New VS report tomorrow, so that should give some idea of the shape of the meta.

I did most of that section of ladder with freeze/burn mage, but I can't imagine it looks the same now.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Sinful Scythe Demon Hunter is pretty fun. Super strong but also not easy to pilot.

I unpacked the scythe in my ranked rewards. Can't wait to learn it!

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Just beat a BBB DK as spitter hunter by running them out of resources. I played big astalor to clear an anti-magic shell board, it lived, then I had exact lethal with a weapon swing, astalor attack, and devouring swarmed the astalor into a scorpid to clear another board and send the pings to face. I was one card from fatigue, and I think the DK had about 5 cards left. Tavish hero power carried the late game through so much heal and removal. He managed to patchwork both spitters (one on board after clearing a gnome muncher) and Brann.

I love this meta.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Sloppy posted:

Been doing ok with aggro mage (was 70% WR to D10 but have been sliding closer to 50% since) but could be better, any hot tips?

I would be interested in this also. I just hit legend with Spitter Hunter and I want to play something else for a bit.

Is the VS list still considered optimal?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

AnacondaHL posted:

Yep vS list is still good

This was great, thank you.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

kater posted:

There’s a non ranked mode? Like I honestly don’t remember seeing it on the list.

I'm pretty sure the game auto selects for standard or wild casual based on whether the deck you want to play has non-standard cards in it.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I love quick tavern brawls like this. Pogo Hopper and Secret Passage, one and done against a mage running Mechwarpers and Mechasharks.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Just rerolled a 900xp daily into one I haven't seen in a while. Play two tavern brawls.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
New VS report says UUU DK is real. Here's the list they recommend:

AAECAfHhBAL47ATNpQUO9PYDlrcEssEE8OMEkeQEkuQEvPAEhfYEsvcEkpMFopkFrqEFhaoF4sUFAA==

When I have time I'm going to try climbing with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Jeza posted:

I had pretty much all these cards, so I crafted the rest and played it for a few games to complete the 'Win 5 Ranked Standard games' for the first time in like 6 months. I then took in to the Heroic Brawl and went 7-3, despite not really knowing anything about matchups, what to play around or even what my opponents' decks did lol - I was seriously confused seeing the Warlock deck with the mines. Cool though.

One loss was from really poor draw and one loss was because I played incorrectly to counter what my opponent was going to do. In fact, I probably did that nigh on every game to some extent, so it goes to show that even with ignorant autopilot, this deck is pretty strong.

The only 'clunky' part of the deck feels like when you get something like a Body Bagger + Battlefield Necromancer T1/2 start, which is the most tempo you can get, but often ends up weirdly slowing you down because you never generate enough corpses to activate Grave Strength to capitalise on your early board lead.

Climbing with it has been really slow for me. I've been queueing into endless control decks; nothing like watching a BBB DK discover its fourth Vampiric Blood to make me want to play another game for a bit. I probably should have switched to something like Bomblock, but I got stubborn. Glad it's working for you!