Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The current meta would be even worse without Theotar. Honestly, the biggest problem with the neutrals is Brann. Maybe too powerful to be in the core set!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tezzeract posted:

The level 100 Tavern Pass skins are super sweet. Is there still enough time in the season to attempt it?

Expansion won’t likely drop until the first week of December, you have a looong time to complete it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
We waited weeks for this??

Not seeing it; these changes are so minor

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wonder if Shaman will still play Kael (if that deck is even playable), since you can still Kael-Bolner-Denny? No shot Druid runs it since Guff is still gonna be played in all ramp.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
just...concede...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Dew Process is pretty spectacular, pun-wise

Shadowlands was the only expansion I never played, but I know enough to know people hated the Jailer and nuSylvannas so I’m looking forward to seeing their cards

Jailer storyline was terrible, but the HS spin on him is already much better. Maw and Disorder is such a dumb pun, it's a shame that there's isn't a trailer with the doink doink and the jazzy music.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

Lol

Play Mal'Ganis after The Jailor and only lose to untargetted removal

Bolf is cheaper and neutral!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1573039446119051264

Soul seeker is probably not good but it's some fuckery lol. Also actually surprised that their tech lets infuse work while in your deck (there is no shot this isn't bugged somehow).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
A lot of secret payoff cards are contingent on having a secret active, so it's kinda useful for that. Though this doesn't curve out particularly well for that either.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
HS devs were paying more attention than the WoW devs given that Nathanos didn’t show up once during Shadowlands

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Yeah he did. They killed his rear end off right near the start because nobody wanted that gross self-inset for the dev who wanted to gently caress Sylvanas in their game anymore.

He was killed prior to the expansion…which took place in the realm of death

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/FenoHS/status/1573762050299494400

this is gonna be the coolest 36% winrate deck in history tho

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think the idea is that you play two 1 drops, break the weapon to pull out Kael, and then play jailer; the obvious problem is that if your deck is a bunch of 1 cost minions then it’s very likely one of them will get pulled by the horn instead of Kael

You play all of the one drops in your hand except two, they only cost one mana so it’s easy enough to purge your hand before breaking the horn. You do get brutalized by Viper and Theo.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1574081306543230982

that is one hell of an aggro dh card

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
All fel breaks loose is also solo infused by Zhilag and has a decent chance of re-summoning Zhilag, which will completely fill the board with tentacles lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Reno skin hero power throws a hotdog instead of a fireball, I kinda want it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm1NsWgUEdw

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Pure Paladin with Jailer is really fun, no one is running weapon removal or cards that will remove the immunes. I also got. to experience 0 mana Haleh into curse lock, hilarious lol. Horn versions might be better but I yeeted my Kael.

AAECAZ8FBpHsA7eABOCLBLCyBIbiBKbvBAzM6wPw9gOL+APunwTJoATQrATi0wSA4gS/4gTA4gS55ATy7QQA

Firebert fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 29, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mayveena posted:

So if Beast Hunter has only one unfavorable matchup why isn't everyone and their grandma playing it? I would think the deck would be more of the meta given this information. Again talking about D4+

Because playing/playing against priest is miserable

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

bravesword posted:

Yeah, even setting aside the fact that Demon Hunter doesn’t have one, I don’t think… any of the Death Knights would see play? (Maybe Shadowreaper Anduin?) Rexxar would see play just because it’s a fun card and people like it, but the meta’s not favorable for its grindy effect. Gul’dan is powerful but big Demons are on a low swing right now. The others have all been power crept into oblivion.

Thrall is good enough and is a supported archetype. A more dedicated evolve package than XL control shaman runs right now might not be better, but it could still maybe be tier 2 or 3.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Meta actually feels pretty good right now, though we will have to see how everything shakes out in a week

In the meantime, I am going to force them to delete this card

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Runeterra doesn't even have good methods of pay to win. You can buy decks but they aren't even like super outrageously priced (like $17?). They also have event passes which have a bunch of champion capsules and chests in their reward track but they are insanely good value if you care about cosmetics at all, better than Hearthstone (well, until the recent Arclight event that lacks a lot of the cosmetics that past passes have had).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think it’s really funny how even some of the HS devs were like “yeah secret rogue’s kind of a miss, maybe we shouldn’t have done it” and now it’s one of the strongest 8-10 card packages in the class and shows up across multiple archetypes

turns out printing a good secret makes the archetype playable, who knew?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
What's the new legendary everyone's gonna get tomorrow? What if they don't bring back hero card DKs but let you discover their hero powers, on say a 4 mana 4/4?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Neptulon is finally gonna get nerfed

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

bravesword posted:

The hilarious thing about Death Knight Gul’dan is that the best thing he can resurrect is, like, the Dark Alley Pact token. The big demons in Standard aren’t just bad, they’re nonexistent.

Mo'arg Forgefiend is still really good, and Despicable Dreadlord will also be along for the ride in KotFT. There's also the token with taunt from Burning Blade Acolyte. It's not going to be better than current warlock decks, but you can definitely build around it if you want.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/AlecoGereco/status/1588302324132241408

Surely people will stop playing Theotar now...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wonder if they will re-do Death Grip. It's arguably the most iconic spell DKs have in WoW, would be strange to not see it reflected in game.

e: in retrospect, it's also weird that Defile is also just permanently attached to Warlock of all things

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Unholy gets a giant that decreases with cost when they spend corpses, I think Unholy power level looks really strong tbh. Card draw seems to be its real weakness.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Druid getting a second Denathrius, this is fine

https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1591053896356892673

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/GallonHS/status/1591119789581545473

Manathirst confirmed not to work with Brann (and presumably other battlecry stuff like Macaw, Bolner)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
You can make 4 Al’Akirs with Rockbiter using Criminal Lineup for a very cool 48 charge damage

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

kater posted:

lol destroy works on Jailer'd stuff? for some reason I thought it don't. Guess that's MTG? Anyways shadow essence is pretty ridic autopilot bs.

Yeah spell or battlecry that doesn't require manual targeting and damage to work will work. Devolving missiles, Mass Polymorph, Flurry, 4 mana Varden, etc.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Spellbreaker

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
1 mana 2/3 doesn't even move the needle anymore when everyone has 40 hp

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I think that if it were any other meta, a charge control warrior could run a lot of that fire package and do alright. As it stands, DK will be 30% of the field for the first month and all them will have or be able to discover Patchwork to ruin your life.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
A tempo deck can’t play a 4 mana draw two. The 4 mana legendary is also a control/value tool.

e: Control/tempo/etc can use the same cards anyway, I just think the fire package is way too slow for enrage warrior and the existing fire card is already good for control (and works well with the 4/2 weapon spell).

Firebert fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 21, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/ben_heathstone/status/1594783477395853313

lol so that's how no minion demon hunter would work, you lose a ton of consistency cutting the discover minions though

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Oenis posted:

I love the idea of Souleater's Scythe to enable spell DH. What are the 2 other minions you run besides Jace? Also, do I understand it right that you could use these discovers to get like 3 Jace if you wanted?

Maybe you'd want Xymox since Relics are so good, but the infuse requirement is probably awkward. Lady S'theno for burst? Mel'tranix for disruption? Glaiveshark for Aoe?

No, once you discover a card it is removed from the pool, so your second discover will only have two options to choose from. S'theno, Xymox and the colossal are good options in addition to Jayce. The infuse part for Xymox isn't too big a problem as there are a lot of spells that generate minions in DH.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Arcane hunter package is cute. Idk how it is supposed to win games but it’s cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't mind the portraits, but the signature cards look absolutely terrible