Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Reoxygenation posted:

After finishing Aurora and Vision on top of getting Lion's memory, feeling kinda burned out from the game. Will see if the patch notes and gameplay feel of some changes shake things up but it might be time where I go back into hibernation and maybe just do weeklies and leave it at that for a while...

Nothing wrong with taking a break - it's healthy. Goons will be around if you decide to come hang out again.

For me, playing with goons and learning/progressing in raids has kept me engaged. It's been nice to be humbled by some raids where I'm back in the student's seat and learning from experienced people, I don't know the mechanics/raid roles, can't predict every phase, and I'm actually dying sometimes. Plus the content is super cool, it's a shame raid content isn't more immediately accessible.

I wish there was a PR push from Anet to say "look, here's 5-10 discords we endorse (and maybe even sponsor) go play with these folks, they are good and cool and you can do fun end game stuff. We know you're gonna be disappointed by the in-game LFG system, just use discord and find people there instead" but we know that won't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
GW2 wasn't always so alt friendly, back in the days of soulbound keys and currencies you had to physically store instead of being in a omnipresent wallet.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

GW2 wasn't always so alt friendly, back in the days of soulbound keys and currencies you had to physically store instead of being in a omnipresent wallet.

Weren't dyes also originally per character or something?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Pesterchum posted:

Weren't dyes also originally per character or something?

Yes, and instead of the pretty good wardrobe system we have now, you actually just moved stats onto another item so you had to physically have that item with the look you wanted to transmute.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
Gold used to be character specific, you had to deposit it into your bank if you wanted your other characters to use it. Karma was also per-character with no way to transfer it over to your alts, along with recipes learned from sheets.

Legendary weapons were soulbound on equip (and you couldn't sell them on the TP!)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The launch day of the modern wardrobe was incredible. People were flooding each other with spare dyes, it was marvelous.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
How does this game not have wardrobe/dye presets at this point?

Even after finishing my leggy armor, I'm still hesitant to salvage all my old gear due to not wanting to lose my impeccably curated mixes and their dye settings. I don't want to keep an excel file or anything out of principle. That poo poo should be built into a game that touts itself as a fashion sim.

They might even be losing money, because I sure as hell would be more tempted to buy gem store pieces if I could save dozens to hundreds of lewks. Instead, I keep to the same 3 at most per character.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Learn to embrace the ephemeral nature of existence. Trust future you to make new looks that are just as good or even better.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

gandlethorpe posted:

How does this game not have wardrobe/dye presets at this point?

Even after finishing my leggy armor, I'm still hesitant to salvage all my old gear due to not wanting to lose my impeccably curated mixes and their dye settings. I don't want to keep an excel file or anything out of principle. That poo poo should be built into a game that touts itself as a fashion sim.

They might even be losing money, because I sure as hell would be more tempted to buy gem store pieces if I could save dozens to hundreds of lewks. Instead, I keep to the same 3 at most per character.

Just screenshot the dye combos?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
How do you get all the dye names in one screenshot? Or do you just mean eyeballing it like a barbarian?

And that would still require keeping track of stuff outside the game as well as manually reapplying everything. The point is to be like "I feel like wearing this one today *click*"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just be like me and make every costume Golden Sheen, Ancient Silver and a thematic color.
All my characters look the same but they look good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

How do you get all the dye names in one screenshot? Or do you just mean eyeballing it like a barbarian?

And that would still require keeping track of stuff outside the game as well as manually reapplying everything. The point is to be like "I feel like wearing this one today *click*"

I eyeball it like a barbarian. If you want to work smarter not harder, take four screenshots, or however many dye channels your thing has, then combine them into one.

But yeah having a sort of like, dye loadout system would be nice.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
To this day no game has surpassed Everquest 2’s cosmetic system. Its hobestly kida weird the industry perfected this 20 years ago and it has just gone downhill since.

In EQ2 you had 2 tabs of equipped equipment; one gave you stats and one appearance. If an appearance slot was empty it took the appearance from the stat slot.
Super simple and intuitive, really easy to use to try out new looks, super easy to see what gear other players were wearing (when inspecting).

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Inzombiac posted:

Just be like me and make every costume Golden Sheen, Ancient Silver and a thematic color.
All my characters look the same but they look good.

This is pretty much what I do. I haven't seemed to make anyone where anything but red, white, and black.

I keep meaning to someday. Just never seems like a good time do deviate from the colours I like, even when I have some decent dyes.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
bubblegum is the best color in the game by a mile, so i have no issues remembering what i used :v:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I must be the only one who just hits the random button a few times until I find something interesting.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

binge crotching posted:

I must be the only one who just hits the random button a few times until I find something interesting.

Pretty sure this is the most upsetting thing I've ever read on this forum.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

binge crotching posted:

As a jumping off-point, sure but as a final product? Jail 4 U.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://twitter.com/AMZNVideoGames/status/1768328742274007109

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

hot

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Nuebot posted:

Just screenshot the dye combos?

gandlethorpe posted:

How do you get all the dye names in one screenshot?

:getin:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Truga posted:

bubblegum is the best color in the game by a mile, so i have no issues remembering what i used :v:

I'm a fan of Tar dye, the name is off-putting but it looks awesome on a ton of the armor and mounts.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I always liked the dyes that are weird as poo poo and don't follow normal dyeing conventions, like Charred

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I try not to use pure black or white if I can help it but sometimes Glossy Black hits just right.

Now if I can stop using enameled dyes for all colors because sometimes they add shitloads of visual noise that actually hurts the look.

Edit: I don't mean to crap on anyone's tastes but people with clearly old accounts using nothing by Abyss and Celestial are freaks and should be quarantined to their own server.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Edit: I don't mean to crap on anyone's tastes but people with clearly old accounts using nothing by Abyss and Celestial are freaks and should be quarantined to their own server.

I do and yes I agree

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

jokes posted:

I always liked the dyes that are weird as poo poo and don't follow normal dyeing conventions, like Charred

I really like Charred as a base color. There's a weird one in the starting colors, too, Deep Maple. A lot of the more recent armor sets don't do anything interesting with it, but many of the older ones do

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Just in case anyone cares; it's actually cheaper to buy the HoT/PoF digital upgrades for a singular character slot than it would be to wait for the character slots to go on sale and buy one of those.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Would it be worth it to get PoF/HoT for $7.50 just to have an alt account for more dailies?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I probably wouldn't, unless you only get wizardbux if you have Soto

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

El Fideo posted:

Would it be worth it to get PoF/HoT for $7.50 just to have an alt account for more dailies?

No, but they are worth it for other things. Mounts, masteries, maps, and money(sorry for alliteration).

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

El Fideo posted:

I upgraded a second account I already had to do weeklies, which has turned pretty profitable for the amount of time it takes. Buying Mystic Coins, Laurels (converting to materials) and cheap Coin bags, your first week of dailies each vault reset gives ~160g. It drops off pretty fast after that, second week gives ~75g and weeks after that are only ~20g. I wait for weeks with easy quests and knock them out fast.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

I'm confused, does base game not have vault dailies?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

nesamdoom posted:

I'm confused, does base game not have vault dailies?

F2P does not.

Edit: wait, actually F2P does have it.

The real limiter is you can't use a F2P account to support your main. You can't mail items or gold, or access guild bank.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 15, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Astral rewards reset monthly, right?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Roughly every two months

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh cool, I'm definitely going to empty that poo poo out this time, then.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
You can see when the reset is based on the days left under "special objectives" - has held true so far, although that could change in the future

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Oh cool, I'm definitely going to empty that poo poo out this time, then.

Indeed, and dont stress about it.
You get far more wizbux than required to buy all the limited quantity items (and several of those are complete wastes of bux)

I read a thread somewhere in the first season calculating the theoretical maximum points you can get, something like 22k. And it is about 8k to buy all the limited quantity items worth buying (includes cosmetics). Numbers are probably off but the result is the same; you get plenty enough.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

Indeed, and dont stress about it.
You get far more wizbux than required to buy all the limited quantity items (and several of those are complete wastes of bux)

I read a thread somewhere in the first season calculating the theoretical maximum points you can get, something like 22k. And it is about 8k to buy all the limited quantity items worth buying (includes cosmetics). Numbers are probably off but the result is the same; you get plenty enough.

Yeah I didn't manage to get too much done of the last reset because I kept getting weeklies and dailies I couldn't do but thanks to the new change to the system I've been knocking them out constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitAstronaut
Mar 7, 2024
Just started playing and now my wife wants to play but unfortunately we only have one PC capable of playing it. Has anyone played on a cloud service, and how was the performance?