Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Inzombiac posted:

Second to making dungeon currency dyes universal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
Dyes were character bound on release.

Those were dark times.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

TeaJay posted:

I mean, there's gotta be some terribly tedious ones there?

Yes, all of season 1.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
Just wrapped up LS1. Not bad, better than I remember. Agreed about all the talking. There's a scene where Commander, Super Genius, connects the dots. It's structured like a 10 question multiple choice quiz, but the reward for each right answer is two minutes of dialogue.

Story instances still need some polish, like functional portals to escape the miasma/rescue instance early. I might have missed an obvious method.

The restructured boss fights are a huge improvement.

Old Lion's Arch is a joy.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Mailer posted:

I'm never going to beat the playing-for-a-decade guy on whatever meters

As that guy, you absolutely can, with a little effort.

I constantly rotate characters and specs and forget what buttons do and don't have meters installed and focus on high intensity achievements like annual festivals and roller beetle races.

I am an objectively terrible GW2 player and still have a good time with this dead game.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Mordiceius posted:

Hasn’t it been a year since the expansion came out? And there’s no ETA on new content?

On a related note, pre release (February) I ordered a copy of the EoD soundtrack on vinyl. It shipped yesterday.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Organza Quiz posted:

We used to have to carefully step down from vistas so we didn't die of fall damage!

And fall damage used to be server side, distance over time, so if you hopped down too fast sometimes you'd get to the bottom and just die.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

SlothBear posted:

I’d honestly love a living world that doesn’t have any one central theme but each episode is about tying up a loose end in the plot or figuring out a mystery in the world or something like that. There are definitely enough of those lying around to build on.

The Gang Finds A Floating Wizard

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
The thematic divide makes sense. Asura npcs are (mostly) scientists deep in the college to krewe to blowing themselves up career path. There's still soldiers and blue collars in the city, mostly behind closed doors or replaced by golems. A few npcs and the vast majority of player character asura have left Rata Sum and wandered out into the world to do something else, like get seriously disrespected on other continents as ex-Commander.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

FlapYoJacks posted:

My broke brain likes to fill in the map. Thanks for the heads up though! :v:

You also get a little star by your character name!

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
Map breaks are everywhere, and only sometimes fixed. This isn't FO76 where you get into the dev room for sweet freebies. It's another form of exploration and a neat look behind the scenes.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
The accessibility of GW2 for new players is one of its advantages, and the show runners absolutely know it (see: upcoming skyscape grind change).

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Ineptitude posted:

When last i played rifle mechanist was the bees knees in solo pve. When looking at metabattle now this spec is rated 3/5. Did it get nerfed big time? It was a load of fun to play, but a lot of that fun came from it being powerful.
Rifle mech has reduced DPS but is still a very good low intensity build for pve/open world/story.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Humerus posted:

I think it's the primal maguuma island but on one of them the wizard says to you, "we should help because we're partially responsible"
My dude! You are wholly responsible in the worst way!
That's a cue for rescuing the Garenhoff villagers. Who are under attack by elementals. You know, the elementals Isgarren enslaved to serve the same villagers at the original Garenhoff in Kessex Hills. And now there's a wizard magic duplicate town with presumably all the same people except now they're being repeatedly slaughtered by angry elementals, forever.

No sense of right and wrong!

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
Re: many functions: I tried an MMO mouse but depend on it too much for targeting, aiming etc to be hitting buttons at the same time and ouch, hand cramps. Just enough buttons for 1+3, target enemy, Dodge and auto run.

For everything else I use an offhand keyboard replacement thingy. For right handers, the Belkin nostromo/razer Tartarus has supportive ergonomics, plenty of keys (arrows + at least 1-10), space bar, and a thumb d-pad. I map the d-pad to alt-#s (forward, all mounts), alt-shift (back, weapon sheathe and swaps etc) and special action (down). And, and, a separate thumb button mapped to F. Perfect for all these guild wars.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
otoh, GORMANDIZE

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

binge crotching posted:

No idea what to choose from the chest at the end, so I just stashed it for now.
And map meta chests from basically every expansion map, and misc event weapon set rewards. Loot paralysis.

Someone who is good at looting please help me loot this. My bank tabs are dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
Nostalgic for fall damage reduction traits

Also endless screaming