Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I wouldn't even bother transferring to Maguuma unless you really want to World vs World with other goons.

It was 1800 gems to transfer last time I saw open slots.

World vs World is the only place server matters now and even that is slated to change some day if they ever get alliances working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Luggage posted:

That said, game is solid, sales don't happen often enough, content delivery "strategy" is borked. Other than that 5/7 - no reason not to give it a try.

Oh dang, a perfect score?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Tambaloneus posted:

Will there be another of those supply drop whatsits for the anniversary?

Looks like no: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/wxvh2i/psa_no_supply_drop_this_year_it_seems

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I always try to do his meta when I'm in VB. They need to scale down the collection event in the middle of it, otherwise it's A+.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Genthil posted:

Before I stopped playing last time I got 100% world completion on one of my characters, so I figured now I'll start doing WvW stuff to get a Gift of Battle or two and work towards crafting Legendary weapons that require a Gift of Mastery. I haven't decided on what profession/build I'll use for WvW yet, but are there any resources or tips in general for progressing through the reward tracks?

Put a point into the warclaw ability right away to get the warclaw reward track and do that one first. Especially starting out you will be better off running with a zerg and staying with the zerg is much easier once you have the warclaw.

And also put a point into gliding ASAP. Gliding in WvW is separate from PvE. I still die from falls because I forget I'm in enemy territory sometimes.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Not really. You get more pips at higher levels, but it takes a lot of levels for it to make a difference.

You could also run a public squad to get more pips.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
EU and NA are pretty much completely separate. You can join an EU guild from NA and see guild chat, but that will be about the extent of it.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
For the special area passes: Mistlock if you do fractals, Armistice if you're into WvW, Thousand Islands is nice for the portal to the various fishing zones, which is really free ports to a bunch of random maps.

Having shared slots for the Living World portal tomes and prototype position rewinder is nice.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 6, 2022

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
After looking into it, mechanist will receive a minor buff while at least one non-meta class will be nerfed based on something one guy did that one time. Probably Untamed.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
You can hook up gw2efficiency.com to search your account (bank and all character inventories).

If you redeemed the license it should still be in your inventory somewhere.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Darn mechanists have really driven up the cost of Nika's.

I was going to gear up a thief on an alt account and it's at least double the price of the named berserker sets for the other weights.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Now give Mirage its second dodge back in WvW/PvP.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Magres posted:

Anyone know any good ways to farm Imperial Favor other than "do meta events until your eyes bleed?"

That's pretty much it. You can do the 3 for 5 trades at the heart vendors and the one DE writ for karma daily.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
There hasn't been any news yet on what exactly is next, other than the next living world episodes will be set in Cantha.

There is supposed to be a new road map soonish, though, I believe.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

pointlessone posted:

Does this work for rings? I've had a couple drop in pvp with absolutely worthless stats that is live to get use out of.

Only weapons and armor.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What you should do with those ascended rings is attune them (1 Agonized Essence 1 +1 agony infusion 1 philosopher stone and the ring in the forge) and then use a 1g ascended salvage kit (that you sometimes get for free from fractal dailies and cm's)
They salvage into Stabilizing Matrix's which make it profitable to salvage those rings and attuning them gets you a extra.

But note this is only worth it with dropped salvage kits and attunement items. If you have to buy the stuff, it's unprofitable.

If you're overrun with worthless stat rings, just vendor them.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
They added a jade bot mini that uses the jade bot skin you have equipped. Downside is I might actually be tempted by jade bot skins now.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Spudd posted:

I'm new to this whole thing why is that skeleton called Steve anyway?

In my head it's because of the scumbag Steve meme, but I couldn't find any source on the actual origin.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
90% of the meta gear for PvE is one of 6 builds:
Power dps: Berserker with scholar runes
Condi dps: Viper with nightmare runes
Power boon support: Diviner with scholar runes
Condi boon support: Ritualist with nightmare runes
Heal tank: Minstrel with monk runes
Heal: Harrier with monk runes

Snowcrows et al optimize on top of that, but you're mostly not shooting yourself in the foot with that gear, at least in PvE. WvW is more diverse and PvP is its own thing. Notable eceptions are Heal scourge and Condi virt.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

jokes posted:

I see a dude laying down with their head on the left, their feet hanging off the edge of the mission map on the right, jerking off.

10 Guild Wars 2 Secrets The Developers Don't Want You To Know

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Here are the update preview notes for the upcoming patch:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/124132-november-29-balance-update-preview/

Big firebrand changes incoming.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm sitting on a few legendary luck because who knows what I might want them for and magic find isn't that great outside of a couple events.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I like fighting other players but I stick to WvW for it because nobody there cares when I inevitably get stomped.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I really doubt we'll see more than 20% anytime soon.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

AmbientParadox posted:

I’m thinking about Gw2 at launch where your skill tree progression was locked behind tomes that would be world drops and sold for small fortunes in the TP back then. That sucked

There's still some up for sale on the TP. I was just browsing around the other day and saw them.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Mr. Neutron posted:

Also keep in mind that some of the collections are actually more expensive than just straight up buying the precursor.

For all of the gen 1 legendaries, you are better off buying the precursor if gold is your main concern. For gen 3 it is much cheaper to craft.

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries has the comparisons.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
It will never happen because I'm sure it'd be a ton of work, but I'd love to see the jade lantern system backported to core Tyria.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Gaukler posted:

Yeah, this. I have one of every class geared for the specs I like in the various content types. I’ve been trying to constrain myself to medium armor classes as I’m working on my legendary armor set (2/6 so far!). So many things are account-wide it made alt-hopping not a bad thing. Except when trying to remember who’s holding something you’re looking for that you were too lazy to bank.

That's where the https://gw2efficiency.com/ search comes in handy.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How is catalyst these days after the last big patch?

I play it a lot for open world and WvW roaming. I think it's a lot of fun. It's supposed to be one of the top dueling classes in WvW, but I suck so :shrug: Open world wise, it feels really good. Plenty of AoE with hammer and hits hard even in celestial. Lots of things you can tweak to provide more support or do more damage.

Endgame PvE, it's still one of the top dog power DPS if you can do the rotation. I haven't looked much at simplified variants because I usually just jump to something simpler for group content.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Mailer posted:

Is there a site somewhere that currently tracks what metas are up? My current process is "oh poo poo a commander tag go follow that" but I'd imagine those with that tag probably have that information ahead of time.

You can do /wiki et in game to get the event timer page.

If you haven't dug into the wiki, you can /wiki basically anything in game and the wiki is generally quite thorough.

Mailer posted:

This person's name was literally something like "Com for HP Trains" so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're pretty common. I really need to try to find that name again because I'm still tradelocked until tomorrow and I felt like a jerk not tipping. I'm honestly kind of surprised at the positional awareness for all of it from the strict paths to the portaling at exact locations.

Squad for HP Train, but he has some spaces in there, I believe. He runs them regularly.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jan 5, 2023

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Humerus posted:

What's the consensus on getting T6 trophies for Mystic Tributes? I'm getting close to Astralaria and slowly building up the stuff for an Aurene weapon so I figured I should actually get a strategy now. I've been doing trophy shipments from LS4 but they seem heavily weighted to T5 which I have plenty of.

If you have a surplus of spirit shards, then T5 -> T6 promotion is a good route.

If you have laurels, you can trade for the T6 bags.

Otherwise, gold.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Luggage posted:

Is there any sensible guide on how to benchmark how well one plays a build on the Aerodrome golem? I know theres something about selecting boons and condos, but not all of them.

Snowcrows golem setup guide

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

jokes posted:

Is this because monsters tend to want to attack the guy with the most toughness?

Only for some raids. Generally, they just target the closest player/pet/friendly, with some additional factors calculated in. Wiki has a detailed page on aggro if you want to get into the weeds.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Lonk posted:

"Friday January 27, we'll share an outline of QoL changes coming to WvW on January 31. On February 3 we will have a preview of the next GW2 balance update. Keep an eye on this channel and guildwars2.com for all the updates! For now, here's a little peek at the studio update we're working on..."

...We're going to somehow get yet another year of Scarlet-related content, aren't we? God it's been 11 months please just give me something new.

Scarlet's twin sister, Crimson!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

TeaJay posted:

That One Chinese Guy With A Hat

I feel like Rama is pretty popular, or at least his hat is.

EDIT: Can we at least magic Blish back out of the mists, though?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

whydirt posted:

Small WvW updates coming next week! https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-january-31-preview/

More rewards is always good. The siege changes seem good, especially for rams since there is little point to using them over catapults right now. Not sure if the supply changes are helpful or not, so will wait and see on that one.

Fingers crossed the weeklies take casuals into account. I like WvW, but maxing out the skirmish track takes more time than I play the game each week, so some additional tickets would be nice.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
The weeklies for WvW:
  • 15 yaks
  • 5 keeps
  • 15 camps
  • 50 invaders
  • 5 ruins
  • 10 towers
  • 1 stonemist castle

Some of those I get in the course of regular play, at least. I think I've gotten an SMC capture twice? I play a lot more on the borderlands.

My matchup this week has been horrible, so I think I've seen exactly one keep capture, the rest of the time we've been overwhelmingly outnumbered by both servers.

Prepare for even more salt towards Mag.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

dad on the rag posted:

The skill design makes more sense if you PvP. For example ele does exactly what you want in PvP. Randomly going into the wrong attunement and spamming skills will get you punished against the better players.

I'm in this post and I don't like it.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Kris xK posted:

Anybody know how the WvW guild thing works?

I'm in both Goon Guilds but not on Mag. The WvW guild selection appears to do nothing?

For now, that only does anything when they do beta runs for alliances. And even that has been iffy. So you can find a guild on your server or transfer to Mag if it's open and you want to play with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
T1 and T2 are still plenty well populated. As another poster mentioned above, though, it can be tough to get groups for anything if you're not playing during primetime / around reset.