Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Looks like the main goon realm of Maguuma is all full up.

Do goons have a presence on any other servers or am I going to have to make my own friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Welp apparently it doesn't matter because I fat fingered an EU server that it wont let me change.

Is there seriously no way to change the loving server so I can create a new character?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Did you just start playing? Not worth it otherwise but afaik if you delete all your characters you can pick a server/region again.

I thought that would be an option but it's not.

I guess I have to create an an arena net account to ask support to delete my arena net account.

Off to a great start!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Further down that thread

https://twitter.com/Ardenliegh/status/1564672759992565760?s=20&t=iTk5MfIGDSY-XBevZyeXGA

Im brand new but I've seen the store, I can only imagine what that would have cost.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I had a mod like that for WoW and I'm pretty sure for Rift.

But there's not a lot of mods for GW2 it seems.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Mohawk Potato posted:

Is Trahearne supposed to be this unlikeable cause man he is such a weeny. At least so far.

He gets more tolerable around the end of Hot. At least thats my experience, I'm not far into LS3 yet.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Long time players break out your crystal ball and put in your tinfoil hat cause I have a vague rear end question :

"Historically, how reactionary are anet nerfs?"

I'm one on the multititude of new steam players currently clogging up your screen with an ugly jade robot. I didn't know engineer was fotm when I picked it but it clearly is. I'm really enjoying it, but I don't want to get super invested in case anet take it out back and shoots it. So in the past, how have their nerfs been generally?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Okay, thanks for settling my concerns then guys, I'll happily truck along with my engineer then.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

kzmn posted:

The pink gear is ascended gear and is all account bound so you have to craft it/get it from end game content. The Tanetris Guide should help you get started on where to look.

Thanks a ton for this, I didn't know we could stat swap all weapons and armor .

That useless Mathilde war chest I got from wvw just became my first ascended weapon. Now I'm just racked with indecision on what weapon for which char.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

CODChimera posted:

if it helps, ascended gear is account bound so you can swap stuff around characters.

I'm going to make the inefficient choice and make a rifle for my engineer.

I know it's off meta and probably a waste but I've still got most of the personal/living world/pof/EOD solo stuff to do and I fully expect mech to carry my rear end through it like it did in hot.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

ptroll posted:

Rifle mechanist is probably the furthest thing from off-meta right now, haha. It's really good for almost everything!

Yeah I hadn't finished my coffee so I was talking nonsense. I was trying to say there's an absolute glut of rifle mechs so getting into raid/dungeon spaces is harder as opposed to going scrapper or a completely different profession.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I really hate that sPvP seems to be the best way to get Grand master marks. I think I'd rather just wvw and hope for a lucky rank up chest.

bagrada posted:

That said I had a blast tonight. I'm down to just the LWS4 storyline to get my legendary trinket from the Return to Living World. My revenant had already done them and I wanted someone more brainless than my guardian so I hopped on the bandwagon and unlocked mechanist with my boosted engineer. I used a flamethrower + mech + pistols no brainer build off one of the build sites and just had a glorious time setting everything on fire with my laser shooting robot buddy. I was never in any danger, I didn't have to worry about the circles of melee hell this game loves throwing at you, and if I ever got bored of shooting jets of fire everywhere I could take a break and go guns akimbo. Not a fan of engineers in my fantasy rpgs but for a change its just what I needed and will finish out this return achievement chain for me.

The LI flamethrower build is pretty drat great, I'm using it to solo through the dungeon stories and its really nice

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Wow, so Lions Arch looked pretty loving different. It was like something out of Hook or the Goonies, and I want it.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Random questions

How bad of an idea is it for me to buy a glyph of leatherworker for my unbreakable pickaxe?

Should I have tipped the person who allowed me into their home instance? If so, sorry Decx owes Haranga some money.

Why are silverwastes so popular it has a 24/7 squad? I get Riba and the entire event seems decent but I don't get its popularity.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Copper-fed salvager is on sale, along with build and template expansions.

Dont be like me, buy the Templates not the Build Storage. :argh:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Silver-Fed Salvager (which I just bought two days ago) is also on sale.

Patch notes are also up, and the rage about scrapper gyros was heard:

quote:

Update from CMC:

Hi everyone, back with a quick update:

Since the preview we've seen a lot of feedback around the proposed change to convert Scrapper gyros into ground-targeted stationary spells. The main concern we've seen is that this change would remove the unique feeling of the skills without replacing it with something new.

We agree – we'll be reverting the proposed changes and will be making a different set of adjustments to Purge and Sneak Gyro for WvW:

Sneak Gyro: Reduced stealth duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in WvW only. Reduced number of pulses from 6 to 3 in WvW only. This skill is no longer a smoke field in WvW only. This skill now plays a visual indicator to enemies on activation.
Purge Gyro: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in WvW only.
For clarification, we'll still be changing Defense Field into a ground-targeted skill in the October 4 update.

We'd still like to take a pass on updating the design of Scrapper gyros in the future, but not until we work out a replacement mechanic that feels both unique and fun to use.

As always, thanks to everyone who gave feedback on the upcoming changes; we really appreciate it.

Cal "cmc" Cohen

Skills and Balance Lead

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Saraiguma posted:

I don't see the patch notes, link?

I didn't read it until now due to work vpn, turns out it was just an update on scrapper only from cmc.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121353-october-4-balance-update-preview/?do=findComment&comment=1766075

Kris xK fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 27, 2022

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Worse case scenario the game will absolutely vomit exp tomes/writs/birthday levelup rewards at you so you don't have to touch a single character before they are 80 if you'd rather not.

Plus the raptor and new tutorial achievements just blow past the early levels.

If you do a decent amount of WvW you can also just straight up buy your elite specs with Jade Heroics, which is super handy.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've tried to finish this loving lw3 mission "heart of the volcano" 4 times but these dumb loving dogs keep getting bugged.

I had the previous episode bug out too, I'm not doing well.

Between the quests bugging and having to run all over hells half acre I'm seriously considering skipping to EOD for a scenery change and to start working on the dragonscale.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Looks like my server (shiverpeaks) is VS you guys (Maguuma) this session and people are not loving happy about it.

Or at least they say they're not happy, but every single battleground has a >10 person queue. Last night is was loving 50 for ebg and it took 2 hours. Once in, team chat was nonstop bitching about mag and someone named Claire.

I don't get what makes you guys so special.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

there's no mag deathball, instead you get the 'mag cloud', which is all of them spread out.

it's apparently highly irritating to play against

After 1 weekend, I can confirm these two statements.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

CODChimera posted:

I've never seen anyone complain about mag being spartan warriors or whatever. If anything it's the opposite, they have too many numbers. And the fortifying enemy keeps in the servers dead hours basically kills ebg until we can get big numbers online. It's especially weird when mag has all 3 keeps t3 like wtf is going on lol. That generates the most complaints from what I see

I'd never even seen a a trebuchet in WvW until we went up against mag. Now they're loving everywhere. Siege is scattered across the map, and everything is T3.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Also we need them for the Legendary Ammy which I realized today.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

cams posted:

finished HoS, was making good time, am making progress in PoF... did they actively decide to make the story quests longer and more tedious? was really enjoying how quick and to the point the HoS story quests were.

Omfg I'm on the same boat right now and I was thinking the exact the samething.

I just want a flying mount. I'll kill whatever you want, just stop talking.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Luggage posted:

Note: higher tier fractals. T1s and T2s to an extent have awful drop rates.

Which is unfortunate, as t1 and t2 are super chill while t3 is a tryhard hellscape.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Always skip the "middle" difficulty in games like this when possible, that is where toxic gamers lie in wait.

True. Even DRG has a pit of despair at T3.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
And then there's one mob that's hosed off out of site with a condition ticking on him, preventing you from mounting for perpetual eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Anybody know how the WvW guild thing works?

I'm in both Goon Guilds but not on Mag. The WvW guild selection appears to do nothing?