Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

They should make a randomizer that selects a different mount skins, gliders, and novelties every time.

HIRE ME ANET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Could be the melancholy talking, but OG GW PVP was pretty 🔥 as well. Other than WvWvW, GW2 PVP felt like a step down.

Vvv
Also true, but I like to occasionally fantasize about what GvG, AB, or HOH modes could have been. Probably abandoned, like dungeons.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 13, 2022

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I made some decce coin after buying all my characters every dye under 2 silver. It was around the time that anet messed up the loot tables and dye dropped from literally everything and prices cratered. When the conversion came I had a couple stacks of unIDs sold that for between 25s - 1g during the next bubble. Probably bought some stupid gemstore item with the proceeds, no regerts.

Good times :allears:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

CODChimera posted:

Yeah they are dumb as hell. There's zero need for them to be so convoluted

So we're stuck with them forever is what you're saying.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Does any game have securitized derivative AH trading? That would add a wild new layer of ways to extract cash from people predisposed to making bad financial decisions.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I bought a new relased-this-year GPU and CPU today. Last time I did that was the summer GW2 released. Looking forward to see what the game'll look like after a decennial tech refresh :woop:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I started playing again after a hiatus and holy poo poo the game became much more fun and less frustrating. I'm pulling numbers and filling roles I've never attempted before with 2-3 button rotations. Quickhealing pug strikes and watching 20k bleed ticks like it weren't no thang.

E. Phone posting so forgot to quote, but context is for low intensity/apm builds.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 11, 2023

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Those are supposed to give you direction while leveling. They also give loads of xp.

Are they bugged? I regularly get spammed with the same achievements while fighting, harvesting, and changing maps across all characters. Been happening for a few weeks now.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Oh to be in my 20s again with no kids and a whole afternoon to pug AC story at level 32. Those were the days :allears:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Mantras are a non insignificant ingredient in my sub-20 buttons per minute firebrand quickheal rotation so now I'm afraid of having to get good :ohdear:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Over the winter break I came back to the game after not playing since Bjora Marches. After a week, using a low intensity DPS build and AH exotics, I was able to pug wings 1-4 inside of an afternoon. A month later I am a decent chunk of the way towards legendary armor after knocking out the first couple envoy collections. All the while maintaining employment, marriage, and a babby.

It's waaaay easier than it used to be. Don't be a dick, add value, win raids, pretty princess harder.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I will live vicariously through you. If you make rain purps, I will share in the glory. If you eat a ban I will share in the shame.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

poo poo, just remake Urgoz's Warren or The Deep and I'd pay for nostalgia alone...

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

One of the tier rewards in the legendary amulet achievement is a gen 3 precursor, in case you haven't done it yet.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Tambaloneus posted:

I did all those dodges in the solo version, you can make it last longer than 10min and the stuff that hits you hits a lot less hard and you can actually see the circles you need to be in to dodge the meteors without several hundred other flare effects in the way.

:aaaaa:

I'm going to finally finish my ibs points because of this you beautiful person.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Actually no I won't it's still group content and I'm not good enough to solo it lol

Healer lfg to farm dodging achieves, anyone?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

You will address me by my guild leader's rank.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

While we're sharing n=1 sample sizes, I found getting a few legendaries (3-4 trinkets plus a set of armor) made the game a lot more accessible with the freedom to experiment and try new things. I also don't feel like I'm gonna be super behind when I inevitably take some time off and the meta shifts.

For all the stuff gw2 gets wrong, the viability of low intensity builds is great because I never would have done it without that path open. Though this would be a moot point if the most useful stats weren't heavily gated and the rest being traps.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I thought the collections and raids in general were bullshit so i didn't start any till late Dec/early Jan after returning from a 2 year hiatus. Somebody upthread linked a low-intensity-for-every-class guide that seemed simple enough so I decked out a ~27k dps condi virt and quickdps HB. It took maybe a weekend to get enough exotic/ascended gear but both were more than enough for pug raids (and eventually some goon ones). In the time it took to collect 300LI a bunch of exotic ascended weapons and armor dropped as well, which was nice because I have no deliberate plans to make a second set of armor.

If you have the 'return to' achievements unlocked, the last reward tier is a legendary amulet and you get a bunch of mystic coins/clovers/mastery points out of it. Plus some living world mats which makes the leggy accessory easier, but you do need a wvw gift of battle for those. If you've been saving coins and clovers from login tracks those will help, I didn't feel like gambling for them so that was my biggest timegated item. I did use the liquid gold I got from playing to buy the might+magic stuff though, trying to farm them myself sucked.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 5, 2023

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Hammer supports a lot less builds so I'd choose dagger out of practicality. If you're chasing the skin though let whatever you think looks coolest be your guide.

I'm crunching dagger vs staff right now myself.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Idk bruv, riding around on a dinosaur dressed up like a luchador while drunk and only stopping to pistol whip asura could keep me entertained for a while.

What a game!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Oh yay I can maybe actually play LI alac mirage again.

Scourge shade uptime still rear end though so I'll stick to condi reaper for a bit longer.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I just like pressing buttons haphazardly and seeing pretty princesses. Give me an infantile mode where all damage is normalized to 25k DPS against a backdrop of Michael Bay particle effects irregardless of keypresses.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

My favorite instanced pve content is being in PUGs where a couple people are new and the rest of the group is both chill and skilled enough to #yolo it and roll with the punches.

It might be way more time effective when everything goes right but it's wayyy more fun flying by the seat of your pants and somehow winning.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

and here i got IBS for free

I try to log into the game at least monthly, even on months-to-years long breaks from it, to catch major updates at no cost. The no-sub model is 75% of why i started playing GW in 2005 and am still playing in 2023.

Bjora was 🔥at least.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Rifts are boring but effective, as long as they're not overtuned shitslogs that can easily be found to keep the dopamine pump going. My biggest concern though -

- what the gently caress is up with her hand.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

My money is on minimum effort expended to create more dead-end equipment traps, as is tradition.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Does the 'x available' limit apply to that week's lockout then?

Also it seems like once you can't instantaneously change what daily/weekly categories you want to see, you're stuck with whatever you initially chose for a while. Rip the pvp acheives I'll never do making GBS threads up my UI.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

whydirt posted:

Aren’t you capped at 3 of the 4 anyway?

One of them is logging in so you get your five wizard bucks for free anyways.

It'll be interesting to see how the economy adjusts because some of the prices seem out of whack. 6 acclaim = 1 gold but 40 = a tier 5 trophy bag, for instance. And mystic clovers for 60 seems way overpriced compared to buying 2 coins and a couple ecto if you already have shards and obsidian. Idk, man :shrug:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I have an alt core-only account I'd like to use to make a legendary for my main but am not really looking forward to gifts of battle and exploration. Are there enough others like that out there who'd be interested in setting up a group to chip away at it?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

For anybody not yet 80 (or who is still maxing out core masteries), the adventure guide gives mad xp. I knocked out lvl 70-80 in less than an hour doing stuff like "view 3 vistas", "craft an item", and "dye something".

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

whydirt posted:

“We heard your complaint, so we’ve put Skyscale rental NPCs in all pre-SotO maps. For just 25 gems per hour, you too can experience the glory of flight!”

Only if they do by the second billing.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Deformed Church posted:

At least those NPCs have only died once. How many times has the Commander been killed now?

Use /deaths to find out!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

New expansion confirmed: Guild Wars 2,3- dimethyl methamphetamine.

Contains new crafting disciplines and southwest desert themed maps.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I liked the novel art style too.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Slightly mitigated by extractors being obtainable from wizard bucks, up to 12/quarter.

Still overpriced, only useful in zerker flavor, and there are easier ways to get it.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

They're a lot better than they used to be when only one character at a time could use it and their stats were locked (and mostly lovely, so you'd have to old school transmute them any time you wanted to change something). They eventually let you stat-select but i never bothered with them until they became account-wide unlocks.

Legendaries are good now.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

whydirt posted:

They actually condensed the number of bows in GW1 from 5 down to those 2!

I unironically liked the GW1 system. Same skills, but the different bows had different characteristics which could be situationally more useful. The quickest firing bow had the shortest range, the longest range bow had a high firing arc that could be easily avoided, the fastest time of flight bow had a range somewhere in-between, etc. i can't think of another game offhand that had something like it.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

MajorBonnet posted:

There was a reddit post claiming someone had opened a black lion chest and gotten a permanent bank contract on a beta character.

Heh there's always a bit of salt spilled during beta events when something insanely rare and valuable drops and is unceremoniously deleted days later.

It's part of the reason i haven't done beta things since the gw2 preview weekend. I still miss the branded zombie event from 2012, if i got a chak infusion or some poo poo I'd have to become a drug addicted hermit :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

If you have/get any xpacs I'd recommend burning a level 80 boost on someone to unlock the raptor and wizard vault account wide. Don't even need to play the character right away, but the raptor is a massive qol boost and you get a good number of wizbucks rewards from just playing. Also get a few 15 slot bags which is nice when starting out