Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

Wuxi posted:

Just started with GW2 again after other games kept me busy during SotO launch - Any chance I can make a dent in the special tab of the Wizard's Vault before it rerolls in 2 days? Those rewards look really juicy

Looked through the special objectives to see what you could do. Most of these require you be at least halfway through the SotO story to unlock all the zones.

Easy
Complete meta-event Unlocking the Wizard's Tower (450) - SotO metas run on alternate hours and you can easily find groups, prioritize these objectives once you've gained access to their maps.
Complete meta-event: The Defense of Amnytas (450) - See above.
View 12 Different Vistas in the Horn of Maguuma (300) - Easy after opening maps.
Hit 25 Kryptis Blasters, Kryptis Sentinels, or Kryptis Drainers with Skyscale Fireball Skill (250) - Make sure you prioritize getting the fireball mastery skill, second skill in Flight Training mastery track. There's lots of these in Amnytas.
Defeat 10 Enemy Champions in the Horn of Maguuma (375) - If you do any rifts or meta-events you'll probably get this free.

Medium
Complete the Story Chapter Treachery (500) - Requires fully completing story, might take too long.
Complete the Cosmic Observatory Strike Mission in Normal or Challenge Mode (400) - If you've done any strike/raid content before, this isn't too difficult and you can find pug groups for it. Maybe watch a video so you don't go in blind. Requires wizard's tower unlocked.
Complete the Temple of Febe Strike Mission in Normal or Challenge Mode (400) - Same.

Nope
Complete 15 Tier 3 Rift Hunts (400) - If you get lucky you might find someone running a group hunting only T3 rifts. Look out for it, but I don't think this is worth the time. Would take around two hours minimum.
Complete the A New Friend Achievement (300) - Not enough time.
Ride a Ley Line Using a Griffon or Skyscale (250) - Requires high mastery.
Discover and Unlock 10 Greater Arcane Treasures in Secrets of the Obscure Maps (400) - Requires high mastery.

Halloween
Earn 100 Progress toward the Halloween Festivities Achievement (325)
Participate in 25 Events in the Mad King's Labyrinth (250) - These two are easy if you do any Halloween content, but might take awhile to complete.

Complete the Halloween Rituals Achievement (500)
Complete 3 Rounds of Mad King Says (50) - These two are easy, BUT Mad King Says only happens every two hours and you need to do it three times, so that's six hours minimum to complete these, plan ahead if you go this route.

Missing Fox fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

What's the best way to farm Research Notes? I saw were going to need a magnitude of them for legendary armor.

Turning crafted items to notes. Which item varies by trading post prices. Buy a bunch of materials and craft hundreds of helms or whatever.

https://fast.farming-community.eu/salvaging/costs-per-research-note

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

Tambaloneus posted:

(night impossible on charr idk how you charr mains manage)
  • you get used to it
  • while running on all fours, your hitbox is centered on your feet, not your model's center. you can run much farther forward before jumping than it looks like
  • draw your weapons so you're always walking upright
  • use an endless tonic to swap to a smaller form. monkey king works well. doesn't work in all JPs.

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

Cretin90 posted:

Quick dumb newbie question. Can I get an ELI5 on how co-op works with basic storylines and quests throughout the base game and expansions? It's my wife and I, I'm playing a Charr and she's playing an Asura, and I'm curious - will she be able to come with me on my personal quests and I on hers? Will we do campaign quests together? I'm just not really understanding how all this works.

Yes, when one person joins a story quest, other people in your party will be prompted to join too, regardless of race or what part of the story they are on. For some personal story parts, only the main person can make plot choices. (I forget exactly what other people can/can't see when this happens.) Later on, when your story paths start to converge, if you're on the exact same step of the story, you can choose to have that mission count toward your progress too.

For the base game, personal story is the same thing as 'campaign/story quests'. For expansions/living world seasons, the story is more linear and more straightforward to do with multiple people.

Reknown hearts/events/metas/map completion are done in the open world, so pretty much anyone can join anyone else doing this events. If you get separated on different instances of the same map, you can right click on a party member's name and choose 'Join in [Map]' to switch to their map.

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015
How does the game handle selecting Amnoon's alliance if there's multiple people in the party? Does everyone get forced to same faction?

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

FishBowlRobot posted:

Anyone remember about how long it takes to get through Living World Season 1 & 2?

According to my records it took me seven sessions over a couple weeks to get through Season 1 and nine sessions to get through Season 2 the first time. My second time through S2 took six sessions. That's with me attempting all story achievements and Return To achievements, probably takes less time if you're just playing it for story. (A session for me is usually 2-4 hours but includes doing other stuff.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

El Fideo posted:

Would it be worth it to get PoF/HoT for $7.50 just to have an alt account for more dailies?

I upgraded a second account I already had to do weeklies, which has turned pretty profitable for the amount of time it takes. Buying Mystic Coins, Laurels (converting to materials) and cheap Coin bags, your first week of dailies each vault reset gives ~160g. It drops off pretty fast after that, second week gives ~75g and weeks after that are only ~20g. I wait for weeks with easy quests and knock them out fast.