Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I reinstalled this because of the steam launch and lol I totally forgot I have a max level necromancer in this. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to be getting back into this again but it's fun walking around and being like "oh yeah I remember that!

I assume if I was to play this again I should probably just start a new character since I completely forget how to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Goddamn I had about 8 years worth of freebies saved up in my mailbox and now all of my bags and bank slots are full of crap I don't know what to do with :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I rolled a new toon and am having a really good time, a bit bummed that most builds (at least the better necro builds in the link Deformed Church posted) require expansions. Not sure if I'm going to be getting into this so much that I'll be buying the expansions but we'll see!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TeaJay posted:

You can probably clear the whole game as a necro minionmaster with ease.

Some of the more OP builds require expansion elite specs, yea, but necro has a lot of good core options.

I think I did, lol. My necro is my level 80 but it's been so goddamn long since I played so I was looking for something new. I just said gently caress it and started over anyway as something new but that's good to know the necro minions are still pretty viable.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been having fun with this so I bought all the expansions because I hate feeling like I'm missing out on good content, lol. I am back on my necro, I don't even think I finished whatever there was to do in vanilla but I figured just picking up at the start of Heart of Thorns isn't a bad idea? It truly is an overwhelming amount of stuff being thrown at me so really trying to focus on A Thing to keep myself busy with while I reacquaint myself with the game again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Inzombiac posted:

I think the story is good enough that you should do it in order.
Now that you can get the raptor early, there's no reason to jump ahead.

Drone Incognito posted:

Going through in order is the best way, in my opinion.

Hm, okay then is that starting at "Living World Season 1" in the Story Journal? I already have the "my story" stuff completed by the looks of it. Sorry if this is a stupid question :shobon:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So when do I get my mount as a level 80 going back through the old content? I got one on the alt I made within like an hour so I feel like I should be prioritizing whatever I need to do to get the basic mount.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Turns out to get my mount I just had to log back into my alt where I was given the mount as a trial prior to buying the expansions. It dinged as "owning a mount" when I logged in and now can use it on my Necro. I want those hours of my life back where I was running between objectives and didn't have to be :argh:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Ugh I want to get the expansions but the cheapass deal-seaking part of me requires there to be some sort of sale. I thought for sure there would be something for the 10 year anniversary.

All 3 expansions for $50 felt like a pretty decent price to me. Esp considering I bought this game close to 10 years ago

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Christ, getting around Verdant Brink sucks when you only have basic glider. It's annoying having enough mastery points but still having to fill out the bar to learn it or whatever.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:c00l:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is the Skyscale obtainable without having to buy access to a previous season's content? Is it something I can/should go out of my way to stop what I'm doing in HoT now and go do asap?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

whydirt posted:

You need all of Season 4 to get Skyscale. I waited to get it until I finished PoF and the story content of LS4, but I also had gotten the Griffon so I had some access to flight already.

Blech, okay. That stinks but ~$12 worth of gems may be worth it I suppose.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a way to get a flying mount without having to buy an additional season of content? Is the Griffon just a standard Path of Fire unlock and would it probably be good enough until there was either a sale and/or I was inebriated enough to buy $20 worth of gems for LS4?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

orcane posted:

Yes the griffon is part of PoF and doesn't require any additional expansions/living world seasons to unlock. The main roadblock is coming up with the 250 gold for the vendor items you need to buy for the unlock collection.

Oh goddamnit lmao.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Do we have any goons on Tarnished Coast? I saw some [GOON] and [SA] tags while starting out the LS4 quests last night and figured I'd ask.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh okay, does that mean I can join the goon clan or is it full up?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat. And here I was, running around guildless like a sucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ugh man I kinda burned myself out trying to bypass a bunch of poo poo and get a skyscale; now that I'm at the point post story where I can even start to do the achievements to get it, I'm realizing how much of a goddamn undertaking it is to do all of these achievements. I think there's some things I'd need to complete these that I don't have anyway, I should probably go back to just playing through this story in order and forget about the skyscale for the time being.