Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Someone mentioned this last thread, but what's the secret launch option i have to put in to make the Steam version use your anet account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

(and a great value).

I think you answered why they didn't come back lol

Hakame that engineer rifle build is so fun to use, thanks for posting that

I will say, after playing a bunch of elder scrolls online for some reason and then coming back to play guild wars 2 for awhile, guild wars 2 really has so much more of a community feel to it compared to eso. Outside of dungeons and pvp, eso really does feel like you're all just playing a single player game at the same time.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

MajorBonnet posted:

After looking into it, mechanist will receive a minor buff while at least one non-meta class will be nerfed based on something one guy did that one time. Probably Untamed.

As a warrior I accept that I have another nerf in my future.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure

They're replacing the daily rewards system. It's basically a (better) version of WOW's new Trading Post system and removes some FOMO by putting the older rewards in a legacy shop where you can still purchase them for points (but more than they were when it was that month).

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Mailer posted:

As someone who has had the game trickling away on life support just doing dailies and slowly going towards PvP armor with that. Do I have to buy the expansion now to continue doing dailies? Further along that note - is it now largely pointless with monthly clovers removed?

I'm pretty sure no, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the system has goals in it that require the new expansion.