Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MoonCrab posted:

Hahaha oh wow

Arle beta update: doubled the amount of self-healing she gets, her practically permanent 40% pyro bonus is now actually permanent, and... a special surprise that I don't wanna spoil :allears:
The pyro bonus isnt that meaningful (as you imply) - she still only gets attack bonus when she has BoL stacks so you'll still want to burst after you're fully bonded. The self healing is a big deal though it really wasnt enough to feel good before and now it's very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Chiori may be a character archetype that absolutely nobody asked for with a lovely, predatory c1, but I will say that I'm finding my Navia team to be significantly more enjoyable with her than it was with either GMC or Ningguang, who I often wouldn't even bother switching to in combat because it didn't even feel worth the time and effort to do so.

Chiori's dolls are comparatively much more impactful, I'm getting an excess of particles since I'm actually using her skill, and the quick swap after skill mechanic makes her inclusion feel pretty snappy. Easy to build too, with a phenomenal 3* weapon option and an artifact set from a high-value domain where she can take all of the poo poo ruined by def% that nobody else wants.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

No Wave posted:

The pyro bonus isnt that meaningful (as you imply) - she still only gets attack bonus when she has BoL stacks so you'll still want to burst after you're fully bonded. The self healing is a big deal though it really wasnt enough to feel good before and now it's very good.

Her healings a pretty huge change I think. Since she now heals 60% min it feels pretty viable to use Furi if you pair her with an over-time team healer. Right now it'd just be Xianyun for a plunge-vape team and Jean for a forward vape Furina team but hey, options are options. And they could add more team healers later to expand her options. AND it allows to to use Furi with that non-healing attack buffer that we're totally definitively gonna get in less than a year (maybe). Seems huge!

Shout out to Mika, who once again had the chance to be a cool team option if he buffed NAs instead of physical. This is like the fifth team I've said this for :argh:

Eimi posted:

Oh lawd, she coming.

It's so funny, I'm almost sad that they're absolutely gonna fix it up before beta ends

I will always remember you, unflapping coat tails

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 18, 2024

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Baizhu, is not an option. If you run Arle/Baizhu/Furi you wil die 😌

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

She's a normal attacker with no built in interrupt resist so I'm still leaning to shields, but I'm sure a lot of people are really going to appreciate being able to run Furina alongside her.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Her weapon effect being kind of ugly without the sig is still bugging me, so I'm not fully decided on pulling for her. It looks like they changed it a little bit, so I guess I'll wait and see how it looks in motion at release before I decide.

Them taking the transparency way down on her non sig weapon effect helps a lot, at least now the blade is clearly visible so that's a big plus even if it's the wrong color. I'm no longer eyeing her sig nearly as hard out of despair at how terrible it looks otherwise. So big win for me.

Eimi posted:

She's a normal attacker with no built in interrupt resist so I'm still leaning to shields, but I'm sure a lot of people are really going to appreciate being able to run Furina alongside her.

Hello yes that's me. I was sad that it didn't really make sense to run them together, but now it might be workable if you really want to. Can't believe they somehow made Arlecchino more desirable.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
She still looks ugly w/ the new BP spear, but maybe options closer in color will look good still.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Finally got my Qiqi built up to use on my Eula team, and, she's actually frickin' rad, especially with the clam set. Everyone on the internet is just Wrong about her.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The potion event was cute but a little brainless. I guess the point of events for 90+% of players is just give me the primos, so they have to be easy, but it definitely felt like a baby mode tutorial for a more involved thing.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
We should be able to keep a portion of the earned mora, I will not stand for this late stage capitalism! Potion workers of the world, unite!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Having it be mora was pretty funny to begin with. I can't spend it fast enough to make my balance go down over time.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mailer posted:

Having it be mora was pretty funny to begin with. I can't spend it fast enough to make my balance go down over time.

I'm sitting on around 80 million mora, so every time Paimon says something like "that's a lot of money!" or "we can't afford that!" I just laugh. Paimon we can buy this entire village and still be more than fine

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm working on Diona's hangout quests now and it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Also they're way more fun to play when doing a piece of them gives you half of your daily commission progress as well. One 5 ending hangout is like 16 dailies somehow.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm sitting on around 80 million mora, so every time Paimon says something like "that's a lot of money!" or "we can't afford that!" I just laugh. Paimon we can buy this entire village and still be more than fine

If the shakedown counts towards the weekly 500K Battle Pass objective, I'm personally prepared to fund terrorists.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Oh nooo, looks like they had already fixed Arle's animations on the non-private server beta. :rip: to the menacing A pose, gone but not forgotten :(

Apparently her amount of BoL meter consumption per attack got decreased to 4% also. In practice this just makes her hit a bit harder overall, tho it also has the minor side effect of increasing the amount of self-healing she gets by a bit and also allows you to onfield her a bit longer. But that last effect isn't really super relevant, since your buffs will be gone by that time anyway.

Edit: I can't figure out the Arle buff right now without a spreadsheet but I doubt it's super big.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 19, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I'm working on Diona's hangout quests now and it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Also they're way more fun to play when doing a piece of them gives you half of your daily commission progress as well. One 5 ending hangout is like 16 dailies somehow.
One of her endings might be my favorite out of all the hangouts. I thought the stealth section was preposterously difficult for a hangout though. I couldnt believe how much crap you had to get through.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the rare stealth bits in this game are unnecessarily hard due to the visual range of enemies being unclear and the lack of consistency in what may or may not block it. Fortunately it only ever shows up four or five times.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think there were sight cones way back in the Holy Lyre Der Himmel robbery. And most stealth stuff has gradual spotting with red circles that fill up over eyes. This one was just crazy harder than all the others.

EDIT: Apparently thats a totally optional branch and you can avoid it entirely while getting the same endings.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

About how long does it take to do the new event? I won't be able to get to it for a while, and I need all the primos I can get for Arle

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You could do it in a day if you needed to, but giving it a couple just bc you'll be doing a bunch of event cycles + the character stories seems smarter.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Space Opera posted:

About how long does it take to do the new event? I won't be able to get to it for a while, and I need all the primos I can get for Arle
I think the whole thing took me a few hours, but I min/maxed the potion creation a bit too much (there were a couple points where I'd bought everything out that I could because I was just that good at an anime minigame for children).

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Incoherence posted:

I think the whole thing took me a few hours, but I min/maxed the potion creation a bit too much (there were a couple points where I'd bought everything out that I could because I was just that good at an anime minigame for children).

Its quite easy to get carried away and spend more time on the minigame than intended, especially if you're puzzling over making a specific combination potion with specific qualities

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The game makes it seem like being perfect is really important but it gives you more than enough time to eventually max out and collect everything as long as you do the bare minimum. Still takes an hour of mashing through dialogue if you're just in it for the primos though

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Thanks, it definitely sounds like I can get it done on a weekend

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I have however left most of the achievements 'unclaimed' for now so that I can get daily commission progress for claiming them on a different day.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Space Opera posted:

Thanks, it definitely sounds like I can get it done on a weekend

definitely. I enjoyed it (as many others did, here), but there's quite a few cycles you need to go through to hit each phase.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
So I pulled two copies of Mitternacht's Waltz in the Chronicled Wish banner, and I was intrigued by how the weapon seems to encourage a sort of hybrid physical/electro on-field DPS build for Fischl (as well as how friggin' great it looks with Fischl aesthetically), so I theorycrafted a pretty idiosyncratic overload team comp centered around buffing the mess out of her. I've had multiple people tell me that they want to try the team for themselves, so I thought I'd share it here in case anyone here wants to try it too:

Character 1: Fischl - Weapon: Mitternacht's Waltz - Artifact Set: Pale Flame - Comments: the main girl! It's important to note that her goblet should be ATK% rather than Physical or Electro since we're doing a hybrid thing here (and to make up for the fact that MW doesn’t have ATK% as a secondary stat). Pale Flame is the best set because you can basically have full uptime on its 4-pc bonus with Oz.

Character 2: Xinyan - Weapon: Favonius Greatsword - Artifact Set: Tenacity of the Millelith - Comments: definitely the quirkiest, most off-meta character in the team comp, especially given that she's being played as a pure support, but the benefits she provides here are fivefold: 1) A4 passive directly buffs Fischl's physical dmg, 2) C4 shred's opponents' physical res, 3) her shield both helps protect our NA-spamming Fish from interruption and can provide intermittent dmg/pyro application at level 3, 4) Tenacity of the Millelith buffs her shield and allies' ATK via its great synergy with Oz, and 5) she is a claymore user, which means you can mine rocks when you use this team in the overworld. Plus she's just badass.

Character 3: Chevreuse - Weapon: Dialogues of the Desert Sages - Artifact Set: Songs of Days Past - Comments: provides an atk buff through her skill, an electro res shred through her A1 passive, and incredibly handy on-skill healing which is also very convenient if you’re using this team in the overworld. Songs of Days Past can give a flat 1200 dmg buff to Fischl’s attacks, which is very attainable for Chevy.

Character 4: Kujou Sara - Weapon: Viridescent Hunt - Artifact Set: Noblesse Oblige - Comments: provides an ATK buff from her Crowfeather and Noblesse, and gives a big electro crit dmg buff at C6. Can also deal decent personal damage in her own right. Not to mention the energy recharge from that sweet sweet electro resonance.

Some final comments: according to someone who helped me refine the comp, the rotation should be “Fischl E --> Xinyan E --> Chevreuse E Q --> Sara E Q --> Fischl NA > Q after Oz disappears > NA spam --> repeat”. Some else also suggested that Bennett might be better as a 1-to-1 slot with Sara. You lose the resonance, but I was told Fischl wouldn’t have any energy issues regardless since she’s on-field. Since this is all theorycrafted and I haven’t actually built anything, I’ll have to take their word for it – I plan on eventually trying out both variations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

You may try swapping out Sara for Rosaria in that comp. As a cryo unit she enables superconduct for phys shred, gives the whole team crit rate, and shreds even more phys resist at C6. Her burst/buffs last longer than Sara's and you can slap favonius on her to print energy for the team if needed since she wants to be sitting at 100% CRate anyway.

Edit:
Nevermind, the fates declined to give me a Chevy so I forgot about her team element requirements. For those without a Chevy but wanting a similar physchl focused team, I'd still recommend Rosaria over Sara. Sara's buffs are just too short in duration.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 20, 2024

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Thanks for the suggestion! That would break Chevreuse, and also I don't have Rosaria at C6, but I do happen to have Shenhe, who as I understand can perform a similar function to C6 Rosaria. I have definitely been thinking about if I could design an alternate setup that would enable Fischl to take advantage of superconduct, because that's definitely a significant potential boost to Fischl's damage that's missing in the Chevreuse-based comp. Maybe something like Fischl-Xinyan-Bennett-Shenhe could work?

ETA:

sushibandit posted:

Nevermind, the fates declined to give me a Chevy so I forgot about her team element requirements. For those without a Chevy but wanting a similar physchl focused team, I'd still recommend Rosaria over Sara. Sara's buffs are just too short in duration.

I'm not 100% sure my current teamcomp can actually be counted specifically as "physchl" either, as it has several buffs specifically to electro (like from chevy and sara). I'm gonna need to test it out once I build it to see what the proportion of contribution of damage ends up being from both phys and electro.

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 20, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I pulled a five-star character on Itto's banner! Yes! Oh wait it's Dehya. Godfuckingdamnit.

It's absolutely this feeling:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

At least Dehya is better than Qiqi, probably, and if it was her C0 then you're halfway to making her baseline usable!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I got my Dehya to friendship 10 and now that I've had some time to play with her I have to say she completely sucks. I will shill and stand up for and use random rear end characters but she is just toilet tier.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

delete Dehya from the game imo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like Dehya as a character and don't have any opinion on her as a unit, but drat if I didn't want Itto.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If they delete her playable character but leave her in the AQ they could add her again at some point in the future. So I second.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

No Wave posted:

If they delete her playable character but leave her in the AQ they could add her again at some point in the future. So I second.

She deserves way better than the kit they dumped on her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Personally I think pyro has a lot of cool characters but I just don't use most of them to begin with. It's literally only Bennet and Xiangling aside from friendship grinding new ones.

Honestly ever since I got Nahida I haven't really experimented with teams that much. I need a random team generator.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

My Yoimiya's artifacts are really middling, and my Hu Tao while crazy strong, isn't that fun to play, even with c1. It's almost like she kills too fast. I much more prefer Navia and Keqing. Ayaka is another hypercarry I have and I dunno if I need more er or what but that team has never truly clicked for me with how burst reliant she is.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm down a PC at the moment so I used this app called PlayCover on an apple laptop. It's pretty cool, it runs the phone/ipad version of the game but you can map your keyboard to register as finger presses on certain areas of the sceeen allowing you to play the phone version on keyboard. Its a little weird, the hardest part is character swapping is only ever mapped to 1-2-3 instead of 1-2-3-4 because the mobile UI displays the 3 off field characters in the same 3 locations no matter who is on field.

Using that crap UI in abyss was the first time Neuv C1R1 didnt feel like stupid overkill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I definitely regret pulling Ayaka. Only thing about her that I like is the charged attack.

Also don't particularly care for Venti's shtick of being either incredibly, stupidly overpowered or completely useless with no in-between, but that was the very first banner and I wouldn't have otherwise pulled on anything until Ganyu, so I don't particularly regret that one, especially since it got me c6 Fischl and c4 Xiangling right from the start.