Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Hellioning posted:

I stopped playing shortly after the first map expansion and am potentially interested in coming back because the objectively best element is finally going to be playable. Is this a good idea? How is the Inazuma story?

Unnecessarily wordy, for the most part. I didn't think it was especially terrible, all things considered. As a plus side, you won't have to wait months for a questline to continue because they hadn't written it yet. On the downside, I suspect the feeling that things get wrapped up tidily and absurdly quickly will be more pronounced, unless you intentionally ignore the storyline for a few weeks or something.

Incidentally, you only have to have finished the prologue story to go to Sumeru, apparently. The game's willing to give you a cliff's notes version of whatever archon story beyond that it deems important, although I can't imagine it'll let you actually do the Sumeru storyline without doing the previous quests. Not really sure how that works/will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The new team selector would be nice if it didn't require a bunch of extra clicks.

Also, if adding people to a team via the quick-picker didn't require you to click "remove" to actually add them to a team.

gandlethorpe posted:

Tighnari's trial does a pretty good job of selling him, I think

It definitely made lots of numbers happen. I was almost tempted away from more zhongli.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

I will never run out of meat :stare:

I rather wish the alligators were fish instead.

I could use more fish.

Also I kinda wish there was a bit more to it than "gently caress it, just wander into sumeru." It's real easy to just find yourself wandering around and so it's been like an hour or so and I still haven't actually "accomplished" that goal, despite all the wandering around and killing I've done.

e. I do rather like these enemies that smack you with whatever element you've been using on them, I've found a couple so far. Pretty cool, but also probably a sign that I should put away raiden and barbara and use eula to make my life easier.

e2. I finally walk over to the marker to start the "go to sumeru quest" and walking back through it there's a new teleport spot in the chasm and a tunnel to get there? Why the hell didn't it just send me there, instead of saying "lol just wander in it's cool."

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 24, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

So here's probably where you're meant to start, the blue thing's the statue.

Also here's a floating mushroom, because lol. I love the mushroom pigs, I'll have all the matsutake meats now

Valdent posted:

Yeah despite his design being all over the place I want tighnari now. he's a more fun character than I was expecting. But qiqi ate my 50/50 and now I have no primos so guess I'm never seeing him because I can't escape qiqi and diluc cons/skyward weapons

Honestly, besides the ears he just looks like that really typical long-hair smart dude who can't be hosed to help/do anything useful from any other game? What really weirded me out was how young he sounds in japanese. I'd only watched the EN videos, but he straight up sounded like a kid in the test run.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Sanctum posted:

Someone hasn't used the traveler in a long while :laugh:

The tunnel to the new region was as obvious as the entrance to the chasm was around before the chasm was added. It always had the vines too. But any quest marker pointing players to go into terrain is sure to see players wander every which-way

To be honest, if I was going to look at a signposted tunnel, it would've been where that one fatui guy died, not on the surface. Frankly, from just looking at the map you'd probably do like me and take the northern chasm teleport and walk around.

Also hell yeah, I got a keqing and now I have to actually level up this lion's roar and swear at the TF box for giving me crap artifacts. Nice!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You don't even need to go looking for it though
they put a whole new teleport waypoint on the map in chasm
if you head to the new chasm teleporter to unlock it you will just walk right into the entrance of the tunnel, since that's where the new teleporter is. It's impossible to miss it unless you just ignore that teleport entirely.

Of course I missed it. I activated the quest and it was outside the chasm spiral, which is a pain in the rear end to climb. So naturally I went for the nearest thing that would let me go around it.

I mean, I spotted plenty of cool sumeru dudes doing this, but that seems like a much more sensible reaction than "ah-ha, there's a new waypoint in the middle of this huge spiral. let's look for that."

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

Is the game soft locking for anyone else in the domain area of the Silent Seeker of Knowledge quest?

You eventually get to a room with an interactable spot you can't interact with and no way out/nothing else to do. Unless i'm missing something.

edit: nm, just stupid genshin being genshin things

So uh, what was the solution to this? I've tried every angle (and I assume I'm on the same quest), and it's just mocking me.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

Is the game soft locking for anyone else in the domain area of the Silent Seeker of Knowledge quest?

You eventually get to a room with an interactable spot you can't interact with and no way out/nothing else to do. Unless i'm missing something.

edit: nm, just stupid genshin being genshin things

Yep, just waggle the camera around until it accepts you've solved it. Great.

Also no, the dialogues are not going faster, even if they shortened the animations, it still takes ages to click through.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm still just wandering around randomly and finding stuff, haven't touched the story at all yet. Sumeru is rad.

It's still really early but Tighnari seems to be capable of some pretty great Dendro damage, particularly in Quicken comps. Collei I have no idea about yet, haven't seen too much on her as of now.

I was just wandering around looking for statues, got lost and found the massive port town instead. Haven't even gotten to sumeru city, but I'm already real impressed at how big the whole place feels. And that's still just half of it.

I did free a ruin grader down by one of the huge robot statues, but the last seal was in one of those things that usually expands when you dendro it, and refused to open. Had to cheat and toss a baron bunny into it, which somehow worked (exploration spoiler, i guess?)

I rather like how much random crap I'm picking up, just parchments and what I assume are dead robot batteries. My only issue is that occasionally little random events pop up, but they aren't showing up on the map or giving me the prompt to track them, so I have no idea where they are meant to be. It's always vague poo poo, too, like "go kill some alligators." I cannot see any alligators, why are you doing this to me game?

Apparently you don't have to do much of anything for the event to get your collei, I should probably see about picking her up and then being annoyed that I can't level her up just yet because I'm missing something or another.

e. lol there's stamina flowers growing on this cliff face, like in the zelda with the birds. They'd probably be more welcome if the wall wasn't also covered in those neat grappling points.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

MadHat posted:

If those are like the random events in other areas there should be a key bind to focus them as they appear, basically set whatever random quest you just triggered as the active one.

Yeah, I managed to stumble onto another one, and it just refuses. Mashing v just makes the marker for the main quest I've been ignoring flash at me.

At least this time the alligators were just around a corner.

Man, it's real hard to pull myself away from just milling around and doing stuff.

Do wish the dendroculus arrow things would stay still, though. Stupid mini dendro missiles take ages and they just go where (in space) your arrow landed, rather than on the thing you shot. Not very useful if you've hit something that moves, that.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

x1o posted:

What stats should I focus on for Dendro traveler? I mostly just blindly follow the spreadsheet but they don't have a dendro section yet for obvious reasons.

:v: Mine's still using the geo setup, including a geo goblet. Works fine.

I did briefly look at the talents, seems like your general atk/dendro/crit should be fine?

It's nice the Rana quest keeps giving you the option to walk off and do something else. I happily took the hint when I noticed she was gonna keep dragging me around the south/west and I had to go north for the main storyline. Eventually I'll be able to do commissions in sumeru, I'm sure.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I didn't know being locked out of coop also locks you out of the teapot, that's kinda annoying. Guess I can't leave Rana sleeping that much longer.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know where I read that Collei's event quest gives you a free one really quick. They must've skipped all the lead up involved.

All these Sumeru names are just going to make Candace stick out even more to me once I get her.

Probably me, reading a thing from reddit. What the guy on reddit neglected to mention was that it's real quick, if you use the quickstart and ignore the bit of the archeon quest you're meant to do first. She does join you pretty quick once you get back from seeing the craftsmen at the port, I guess.

Sanctum posted:

The F2P sumeru party for world puzzles is Yanfei/Dendro MC/Fischl/Barbara if you don't want to swap characters constantly.

c6 Fischl + 0 DPS Barbara is obscenely good. Make sure both have some EM and use barbara as your main field DPS. Try it with a dendro.

My favorite barbara party so far's been barbara/raiden/anyone who gives atk spd+ (I just got the jean constellation that does this). Makes her rather sad damage (even dps-ish-built) go nice and speedy, until you run into a hydro/electro specter.

For wandering around I've been using DendMC/Qiqi/Fischl/Noelle. Noelle's just sorta there because I like her, there's no real need for mining and qiqi's got healing and smacking things around covered.

For solving puzzles I've basically had to go all archers with fischl/yelan/amber/collei. Basically anything that requires the dendo missle things requires an archer (besides the withering zones), so this is just easier. But that's only doable because 3/4 of those guys are somewhat reasonably built, and I just need to make sure poor collei doesn't get murdered while I wander around looking for mushrooms.

Incidentally, I didn't find a tutorial for it, so what are those little floating green lantern things that show up in/after clearing withering zones? They don't seem to do anything for me besides vanish.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

AG3 posted:

Wait, so does that mean it doesn't work anymore? I haven't actually used it outside that one instance in Mona's dungeon where I lacked the elements required to activate some pillars at the end.

It's a new feature, I haven't gone looking to see if it's been implemented elsewhere, since I haven't run through the single-use domains in Sumeru, and ran out of the other ones a while back.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think they added that feature for GAA specifically. They didn't have a habit of making long story domains with specific-element puzzles before that, at least not without forcing you to bring a specific character like in story quests.

There's one in Mondstadt that absolutely requires amber (or a pyro archer, but yomiya didn't exist back then). My general rule of thumb is that for non-repeatable domains, the "recommended element" is actually a "required" element for a puzzle or something. But usually the stumbling block is near enough to the start of a domain that you can just leave without having wasted much time, so they probably didn't think that letting you reconfigure your party was necessary.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Excelzior posted:

reached reputation 3. The gadget is instant activation with a 15 second cooldown, instantly harvests all trees close to you. the radius isnt that big; so it has limited potential. Works well with like the bamboo forests in Liyue because the trees are close together

:shrug: 5/10, I'll whip it out from time to time

Probably works nice in that garden out in the middle of nowhere. Good place to learn that there's more than one sort of tree lol

I hope the rest of these music arches don't all have that same mechanic. Of all the stupid things to lift from a zelda game…

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Excelzior posted:

if you're midair you can just hit RB to swing to the next one. You only need to hit L+X if you're on the ground

I was wondering how much of a pain these would be with a controller, between the need to zip between a bunch and also the periodic camera jiggling you need to do. I'm glad you don't have to keep hitting L1+x.

Zhongli is definitely the best choice from the gacha, but I actually haven't been using him too much for Sumeru. There's barely any rocks and you have to run around a ton anyway because everything being sloped is a problem for certain skills, like traveler's, or figuring out where collei's boomerang is going to end up.

Mostly I've been using keqing and traveler to kill stuff, with fischl if there's lots of things to kill. But that's more a case of "ooh shiny new character" than anything in particular.

Sanctum posted:

:lmao: No thanks I'll pass

I'm at 260/450 reputation so I need to do 5 more sidequests and get 20% exploration to unlock Sumeru bounties for this week. There is no way I will finish 5 sidequests in a week.

There are sidequests longer than the sumeru archon quest and no I am exaggerating. I haven't finished any of these sidequests so I have no idea how long they are but LONG

I set out intending to do the second bit of the archeon quest, but instead I found a guy and went through a dungeon with him and it took about an hour. But what's really annoying is he gave me a gadget that does something useful, but only when he's with me (and he promptly hosed off to meet another aranara).

Also I found an aranara who wants me to find a small chest (up on the mushrooms in the northern forest), but none of the things he spawns are small chests, and I wandered around trying to see if he'd spawned one somewhere less obvious and still couldn't find one. That's annoying. The only other "play a game with me guy" (on a boat) just wanted me to smack open boxes that were covering big piles of leaves. That wasn't too bad, once I moved the camera enough to see there were 3 piles, not just the two.

It's annoying how much they love to drag the camera all over the drat place when you're in a fight or walking through a cave (and probably also in a fight), but they can't set it properly for a stupid memory game.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

MoonCrab posted:

Finally found the reason Heizou was created: to be the onfield proto amber healer/driver for a Fischl/Beidou/DMC team :science:

Jean doesn't have 100% anemo uptime, Sayu doesn't normal attack, Sucrose is probably stronger but the team's only healing being an 80 cost 20 second CD burst is a bit too spooky for me. Once we have an orbital/attack-projectile dendro off-fielder this team is gonna be super fun.

You won't be distracted when you're doing act 2 :)

Not more than once, at any rate.

Although it is kinda nice that both acts only really take place in 3 cities, and you don't really need to go anywhere. It's not until you do the anara stuff that you've got to wander all over creation.

Incidentally, I've finished the archeon quest, talked to the reputation guy, and I still can't seem to set my comission location to sumeru. What do I need to do to unlock that? I'm only reputation 1, so perhaps it requires being level 2 and unlocking bounties?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Rexxed posted:

I made a Sapwood Blade just to check it out but even the first ascension is Copper Talisman of the Forest Dew which is in Domain of Forgery: Tainted Clouds which is M/Th/Su. I'll have to upgrade tomorrow.

lol that's just the cursed sword but wood. does it glow?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I figured the grinding-friendship-xp thing was just a vague excuse to pull different characters out of storage and play with a variety of teams/characters instead of instagibbing everything in the overworld with your abyss team.

That and the teapot alone takes forever, and I'd have to remember to pop in there more than once a week for that battlepass mission.

Plus there's something to be said for playing the game using characters with crap weapons and no talents as opposed to just steamrolling any hilchurl that dared see you. The only real issue with friendship grinding teams is when you start scraping the bottom of the barrel, but have more than 3 characters left to go and you end up with a team that is just useless together. Yunjin is never going to help kazuha, for example. Then you have to do even dumber bullshit, or swap someone out if you get a commission you just cannot do with that team (mostly stuff involving shields, but there's also that one in inazuma that sends every type of slime after you and gives you a timer).

That said, I only use them for commissions and random events that pop up while I'm doing those, it's not worth the trouble to try and fight a boss with some slapped together 1/1/1 talent team.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

Okay. That's what I assumed, but I hadn't seen it explicitly stated anywhere.

I noticed that Qiqi's amulets never seem to heal anyone but the active character, which made me wonder if I was misunderstanding how the "source" of an attack is decided. But I guess what's going on there is just that that particular effect doesn't work while the attacker is off the field.

In general, Qiqi healing, whether it's the little ball or the talisman marking effect of her burst/ascension talent will heal whoever is active/attacking. However, if the active/attacking person is Qiqi, it'll heal everyone. From KQM's library, it always goes off Qiqi's attack, so if you're after healing just leaving Qiqi out to hit things (very quickly) is probably for the best. If only your main damage dealer needs healing, and also you want the thing you're hitting to die quickly while you heal, then it's probably worthwhile to swap to them.

Of course, I'm assuming that talisman-based healing applies to everyone if Qiqi hits, I usually have her skill spinning around if I use her burst/hit something and make a talisman appear anyway, so I'm not entirely sure if that also heals everyone. But I'm quite sure that if Qiqi's not smacking things, only one person gets healed.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Vargs posted:

The group heal Qiqi gets while attacking marked enemies has always seemed so minimal to me that if I need group-wide healing I always feel like I'm better off just swapping to each individual character in sequence to get a few hits in for the much more powerful single-target heals.

I only have like 1900 atk, they seem perfectly adequate for keeping up with rifthounds or whatever.

Incidentally, gently caress whoever thought it would be fun to put a bunch of those in a withering zone. That was extremely unpleasant to walk into with a party with no healer.

Then I broke paimon by flying too close to the unmarked map area. She kept steering me into circles until I managed to land, at which point she kept trying to force me through a cliff face. Even after I teleported away, I still got like 3 repetitions of "let's come back later" before she went away.

Very productive, even if a kid I found by that withering zone strongly implied something obvious which I assume will be explained when I finally get around to the rest of the aranara quests. Good on the writers to keep it vague, instead of saying "OH YEAH REMEMBER THIS THING THAT MAY NOT HAVE HAPPENED YET???"

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The crocodile was pretty fiddly for me. I was trying to be clever and shoot it from a treetop and the game refused to accept it until I went down and stood in the water until a crocodile noticed me, it had to basically be right on top of me to count.

Area doesn't matter, those map icons are just suggestions (usually bad — the sumpter beast one that popped for me was right by a mage that immediately spotted me and so I had to kill everything). But it does feel like the 'attacking' state requires the enemy to actually have seen you and be coming for you, not just aggroed and trying to figure out where you are. So for the tigers you're probably better off at night, because they'll come after you then. I can't remember a particularly good hunting spot for them, I think I just went to a cave by the giant ruin guard (although there is a huge tiger zone, I can't remember where it is offhand — by the garden maybe?). I do know there's plenty of crocodiles in that river valley east of Vimara, so just walking around there should give you plenty of opportunities.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Slimes killed me when I was talking to an aranara. It was kinda funny watching myself get pushed out of frame but then I actually died and they just kept on talking.

I've also been getting some wicked bad popin, this cutscene also killed me:
(spoilered because it's a cool place you get to go to eventually, not that you can really tell when it isn't loaded)

:( She was making falling sounds the whole time until it loaded in.

The bilboards in Sumeru are good fun, though.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Rexxed posted:

Playing a bit on my alt account since the Sumeru archon quest chain is gated behind the Inazuma one and some Chasm stuff, and I just had the fun of showing the resistance fighters how to do archery on Yashiori island while lightning kept striking the targets and causing me to fail or striking me and throwing me out of the box. It took like five tries to finish it. Pretty funny!

One time I tried doing that commission with yelan.

:stonklol:

I actually tried a couple times, too. Couldn't blast the cursed arrows over the targets and get back fast enough, might've been doable if I wasn't doing that on ps.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Excelzior posted:

afaik those are all linked to prerequisite sumeru commissions so they won't hlep with unlocking rep 2 :(

I was a lot more annoyed once I realized all the 'subquests,' like finding all the cooking dudes, didn't actually count as a quest for that. Feels like I won't get that last 30 reputation this week, either.

Hellioning posted:

God I forgot Fontaine was French and now I am excited for circus justice town now.

Less enthused by all the talk of diving the various adventurers from fontaine keep going on about. Also feels like the airships or whatever that kid in inazuma was talking about is just going to be some sorta underwater subway, which sounds less fun and more like "2 minutes of watching your character vibrate slightly as you watch a bubble float around an underwater city." Those bubbles in enkanomiya were awful.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The only issue with clam qiqi is that when I want her to heal, the bubble keeps killing things before I can get more than like 1/4 health for anyone who got real badly hosed up. Also the two mond commissions where you need to not destroy boxes/those hilchurl stand things

Still can't decide between ganyu (who I want and will basically never use, because archer), and kokomi (who would actually be useful, because jellyfish). But after this banner's nilou, right? Getting one of those would put me back on 50/50 and I doubt I'd fish up enough gems to get the 5* on two in a row anyway. I guess I should save in that case. Even though 'lol just pull if you have some jewels, don't worry about it' is the sensible way to use genshin's gacha, instead of acting like it's most other gacha games and saving for your favorite, who also has some incredibly useful meta skill or whatever.

Incidentally, sometimes while I'm dashing I see this little green puff-looking effect on my active character, anyone have any idea what it might be? I feel like I only see it on teams with dendro traveler or collei, and they both have the dendro set, but only 2pc. It's not like the sprout thing from collei's skill, it's like a little fog cloud or something. Honestly, it just seems like the random beeps that the map does when something shows up within its range, where I can't actually figure out what the hell it's beeping about, and it probably means nothing important; but it still sorta bugs me that I can't sort out what the deal is.

Also, collei feels a lot nicer to use when you get c2 and now you're emitting dendro just for the boomerang coming back, rather than needing to cause a reaction first. Works nicely with keqing's teleporting (and probably also hutao or anyone else with a useful infusion on a melee weapon sorry ayaka, no cool reactions for you).

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Qiqi's E skill might as well not exist, just spam attacks long enough to get the Q talisman from her A4 passive and then swap to the character who needs healing and hit it with them for a single-target heal that's ~8.5x as strong.

It's nice for rifthounds and other things that kill everyone fairly evenly. Also for eula, so she can worry about hitting stuff instead of dodging. Generally unless I've say, wandered into a hilchurl cage match or [insert local environmental hazard here] enhanced ruin machines, the damage is spread out evenly enough that it's useful, instead of 3 dudes who are perfectly fine and one dps with 200 health.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1567731958280605698

Since someone asked earlier: dori sucrose and xingqiu

↓ Yeah, if I didn't have them both at c6 (and had anything resembling good gacha luck), this would be pretty fantastic

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 8, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I watched that show recently not knowing anything about it, and I was studiously paying attention to details/differences in each episode thinking there would be some masterful twist at the end of the arc.

The little differences are the fun bit.

The only thing better than endless eight was all the complaining about it at the time.

Plus, it didn't make me press a button after every sentence/tiny animation. Thank god they didn't actually make you play through more than one real day, that would've been properly intolerable

Also, gonna get the green seelie, I get the country color's seelie for these and probably the blue one the first time around. I don't use them, because they're kinda in the way on top of making noise (I feel like all the floating pets get in the way while aiming, unless you've already been spotted), but they're nice to have.

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know what the most efficient way to go about it is, but I went with both Archon Quests, the first Sumeru exploration reward and then I did these:

• The Price
  • Adventure Takes Courage!
  • The Path of Papers
  • While the Dream Lingers
  • Even Beasts Stumble
  • Treasure of Wisdom: A New Plan
  • Courage is in the Heart
  • Where Are the Fierce Creatures?

This looks like the ones I did. Thankfully, the non-aranara quests don't have a million subparts, so they're fairly quick to sort out.

I know it's not going to happen, but it would be nice if they changed the seedbox to work like the new fishing thing, and just silently not pick up seeds when you're maxed. Hopefully I'll remember to pop that in the next survey, now that they've apparently figured out how to make a gadget just be on.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

I finally started farming VV like a grown-up Genshin player. Like a fool, I thought I should try playing into the ley line disorder, but it turns out I don't have the pieces to make a good physical team (or just don't know how to do it) and I'm much better off brute-forcing it with my A team that deals absolutely no physical damage whatsoever.

Putting Qiqi in my Heizou team looks stupid, but it's actually accidental genius; all the incidental Freeze turns out to be really helpful in that fight. It makes it much easier to avoid getting swarmed.

You want a mobile semiconduct setup, because god knows noone in that domain is going to come to you and helpfully stand in a circle. Your phys guy can probably sort out applying their element enough, so you just need a convenient (off field) way to get the other on whoever you're hitting. I use Eula/Qiqi/Fischl/Raiden, which is nice for the extra crit and energy, and raiden and eula ensure that superconduct is on whoever you're trying to make dead at the moment. But assuming that's not an option, you'd want someone of the opposite element of your main attacker who can make a nice tornado around your guy, like kaeya/qiqi or shinobu (I think? I don't have her). Also don't forget a phys goblet on whoever you're using as your phys attacker, if that's not what they're normally doing for you

Also probably aim for the witch first, since she zaps around a lot and the agent will more or less come to you, hopefully at a good time to catch a burst. Then it's just a matter of mopping up the treasure horders who are all helpfully hiding in the corners and wasting time.

e. I wish the aranara book was a little less vague than "return to where you met [ara-whoever]," because I absolutely do not remember where in some vague geographic area I met anyone, doubly-so when it's been days since I did that part of the hours-long questline.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 12, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

She's not as good at it as Eula (or probalby Rosaria or Kaeya or Razor), but that's what my qiqi does. I like using her to mop up the last few guys/heal up everyone before I run the domain again. But skill damage doesn't really matter for superconduct, just how much your actual on-field guy will do. Assuming the dudes applying electro and cryo can do so without dying, you're pretty good; and really it's more a convenience to have 2 electro and 2 cyro. You could just as easily set up a physical anyone with an electro and cryo, but then you have to pay more attention to time, to actively re-apply superconduct. Using a cryo or electro as your phys guy and using their skill off cd means you've got half that solved. Even qiqi's more or less fine as the only cryo, even if it is, indeed, a rather silly idea.

Part of what makes the raiden/eula combination so handy is just that so long as you see the eye and remember to use eula's skill, you don't have to count at all.

e. ↑ Even if you don't want to properly build him, slap a bunch of ER artifacts on him and burst away (but also he'd probably be a more sensible choice for phys attacker than qiqi)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Glazius posted:

Or they'll rerun Venti's banner.

In the simplest form, ranged enemies give you a position you want to get to in combat (to whack 'em one) while melee enemies try to block you from it. This makes positioning something useful to pursue in addition to just big numbers, or just connecting with your own ranged attacks under melee pressure.

That's true, it's just that for specters that position tends to be "mid-air, over this giant valley/river/lake those bastards refuse to budge from."

My new annoyance with flying things is all the stuff that's targetable in sumeru. Nothing quite like autoattacking a mushroom instead of the thing that's shooting at you. Thankfully I'm on pc most of the time, so actually aiming is a thing I can do without wanting to dash my head open.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Collei/Raiden/Barbara.

Now Barbara has missile launchers. A+ element.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Clarste posted:

What artifact set does Collei want? Assuming your just using her as a Dendro enabler but I don't know what else you'd use her for.

Edit: The team is Keqing, Yae, Kokomi, and Collei to just spam reactions; I dunno exactly what's going on but lots of numbers pop up.

I gave her 4 (crap) pieces of the dendro set. At least sometimes green numbers pop it, it probably helps make those a bit bigger.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Oh hey dendr--- oh.

I was trying to get better things for my jean than some random glad bits I slapped on her as a stopgap (which were also like level 6). At least now she's got a full set, even if she still needs a proper goblet instead of atk.

Can't decide what's more annoying, the commission where you have to jump on some mushrooms (hope you don't stay in the glider too long, or it won't count), or this one where I had to wait for a specific time and then go inside. At least unlike the quests in mondstadt's cathedral, this coffee shop is right next to the guild, I guess.

Nyoro posted:

collei is cool, I have her C2 already somehow, and I'm gonna use her

c2 is nice, because even if the boomerang goes off into space without hitting anyone, you still get to emit dendro. Handy!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Does Viparyas not actually exist in your inventory or am I just blind and scrolling right over it?

In mine they're between loach pearl and medaka.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Eimi posted:

Would leveling from 6->9 really make that much of a difference? Mine hit for 10k or so now at level 6, and my 4pc tenacity is equally just the first four tenacity pieces that rolled hp.

It should do about 30% more damage, but the meteor works off atk/geo, not hp. Rolling all hp means choosing the shield over everything else, so if you really want more damage you'll need to fish up a geo goblet or more atk/crit somewhere.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

My "slapped together, but I at least probably upgraded artifacts in the last year" zhongli:

Meteor did 28k to the mushroom bird thing, and 15/30k* to some hilchurls who were bothering the wordiest goddamn merchant on the planet.

As you can see, I've "built" mine for "damage," which mostly means "this is the spear I had free when I got him, and I've plainly never bothered to sort out crafting something better, or even leveling it up. works fine, won't fix." Hell, I didn't actually level up his talents past 3/4 until a couple months ago when I realized they were that low. Mostly works just fine, since I'm perfectly okay with watching those cool animations while he hits stuff (also because yelan and hutao do all the work most of the time).

* Kinda interesting that the "one hit" of the meteor doesn't just do the same damage to everyone in its radius, but it was rather convenient that one critted and one didn't.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Give him a geo damage goblet. It'll be a huge improvement. You won't miss the extra shield if you're wielding a black tassel. It's the same main stat artifacts I have him with. I use him as a shielder, much like you, but the tradeoff for damage with a geo goblet is well worth it and won't be noticed.

If you have the catch, it'll be great on him. That or a deathmatch if you're not f2p and have no 5 star spears. A flower with some better crit stats is desired, but that'll depend on who else you're looking to raise. Usually the flower and feather are where you can be choosier with substats, and you can get alot of improvement on those two. Again, it also depend on how much of your life you want to spend grinding artifacts. Definitely take both his skills to 8 if you're using an offensive spear.

Yeah, I only upgrade him like once a year or so, mostly because I don't have too much reason to grab more pale flame (I think I might want some for fischl or something, so it's on my tragicly large list of "domains to dig through." Artifacts have rather taken a backseat to talents, since I keep digging someone up to use for whatever reason and then realizing their talents are all lv 3.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Garrand posted:

lol, lmao

How the hell do you only have one flame seed, I've got 100 just from needing the fire crystals.

Also: wtf :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hellioning posted:

I have obtained one Mona from bad Fates and I am tempted to build her now because I am easily distracted by new units even though I just got Ganyu and she isn't built yet. Suffering from Gacha success.

When did Mona get a new outfit and why do I have it? It is much better and I like it.

I was sorta wondering if you'd get both if you got her after the skin had been added, good to know.