Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Let's goooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Collei and Tighnari (50/50 win) in my first 20 pulls :toot:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tighnari's trial does a pretty good job of selling him, I think

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Nilou+Candace+Cyno kits have finally leaked. Cyno looks like he'll use deathmatch or maaaybe Kitain Cross Spear. Nilou will probably use the new craftable sword even though festering desire looks more fun. Candace can use favonious or black tassel.

Oof, not liking all the restrictions in Nilou's kit. Might have to be a pass for me. On the other hand, Cyno's whole aesthetic has me going "hell yea" even though I'm not usually into hypercarries that demand long, uninterrupted field time.

Glad to see Candace joining the 4* party infuser club. I hope I can figure out some way to make her work with Chongyun, but she should be fun to play around with regardless. If she's on Nilou's banner though...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

New thread, must christen with freeze clips.

Always happy to have new mechs to trivialize with a freeze team. Extremely flavorful to take down with Aloy in the party.

https://i.imgur.com/uMxpTbW.mp4
Also pleased that the new artifact domain is like the easiest one to speed clear yet.

https://i.imgur.com/laaqe8w.mp4

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The desert (and thus scarabs) aren't available until 3.1

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nobody has fully built Dendro teams yet, but they seem pretty capable.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Apam Woods is one of the neatest location's I've ever seen in a game

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Freeze teams once again winning

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Since Tigh's EM is likely wasted in bloom reactions, his choices for major supports are pretty much Electro and Pyro, with Electro coming way ahead. His ideal team is probably one or both of Dendro/Electro resonance and Sucrose/ZL as a flex.

As mentioned before, he's very much a burst damage dealer who shouldn't spend too much time on the field during cooldowns. You probably want to run with at least one other bursty character to bounce back and forth with. I actually think Raiden would be a great fit in that regard.

Shinobu is probably his best healer and can run the Dendro set. If I had her, I'd want to try Tigh/DendroMC/Raiden/Shinobu

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Aug 25, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

New 4* gacha weapons in 3.1 look insane, especially the sword

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

One thing I like about Tighnari is that his skill is like a pseudo-infusion and it also isn't lost when swapping. There's no huge reason why you can't stagger uses of his skill, so that may open up different playstyles as a reaction enabler.

Still, his main thing is clearly to proc spread a lot. I did some testing, and he can apply Dendro 11 times on a single target with a Q>E>CAx3 combo. I'm excited to level him up and put together a decent set because I find the mathcraft fun to crunch. A good way to think about spread/aggravate is to calculate how much bonus damage it adds in relation to ATK scaling (i.e. compared to a 100% hit), then add up all the base talent %s for a rotation and the spread procs separately. Then it's easy to see how much more damage was done thanks to spread.

Example
pre:
Trial Tighnari's stats are:
  • Level 80
  • ATK: 1239
  • EM: 371 (421 after firing a level 2 CA)
His talent scaling is as follows:
  • Level 2 CA = 139.5% + 61.8% * 4 = 386.7% per CA
  • E = 239.4%
  • Q = 89% * 6 + 108.8% *6 = 1186.8%
  • Combo total = 1186.8% + 239.4% + 386.7% *3 = 2586.3%
Spread scaling:
  • Base ATK bonus at level 80: 1346
  • EM bonus: +129.8%
  • Bonus ATK added: 3093
  • Talent % equivalent = 3093/1239 = 249.6%
  • # of procs = 11
  • Total from spread = 249.6% * 11 = 2745.6%
So with perfect execution, you're doing more than double damage than without reactions. Not too shabby if you ask me.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Well, you can always build Keqing's equivalent quicken team while waiting for his flowers to respawn! :v:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hmm. I think Tigh/Raiden/Zhongli/Albedo might actually be a legit team. One of the Geos can even run Petra. (Edit: Eh, on second thought the Dendro set would be better)

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 25, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Yeah. Having him stuck at 59 has been driving me crazy. He loses ~30% DPS from not having his A4 active, another 15% DPS from ascension stat (very meaningful qithout dendro cup), and multiplicatively about 80% of his quicken base damage. (this is on top of the usual low talent levels/level gap damage reduction). So a level 59 Ayaka can be at ~60% of full strength, whereas for non-dendro cup Tighnari it's more like 25%.

Apparently there's some lotuses not marked on the interactive map. Pushed me just enough to do A4 + 2 extra without having that one village unlocked or stealing some in co-op.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pretty pleased with how my Tighnari's shaping up. Even underleveled, barely any talent investment, and great-but-not-ideal artifacts, he's pulling his weight exploring Sumeru. I rarely need to have Raiden come in and lay the smackdown. Albedo's even packing the Dendro set at +0, so his damage has a ways to go.

https://i.imgur.com/kUJ83wE.mp4

I only think he needs one thing to be great, and that's to not be hard countered by tight spaces. Killing Eremites in tents is a nightmare.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

(sound on)
https://i.imgur.com/gCYKKlY.mp4

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Wooh, material reset day :toot:

All I've done is go from 69/70 to 80/80 and +1 to T1 (5/1/2 currently), and I'm already seeing massive improvement

https://i.imgur.com/uQxU2yC.mp4

I do wish there were more opportunities with multiple big guys to practice tag teaming with Raiden.

https://i.imgur.com/5j15tfL.mp4

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

valuum posted:

How are you equipping Tigh? Didnt expect to get him but got super lucky, so I'm a few days behind on mats and artifacts.

This is what I have right now. Pretty much threw together some of my best Wanderer's pieces I had lying around, and in lieu of a Dendro goblet my best EM goblet.

It took a year, but my investment in a meme EM Lavawalker set finally paid off! Honestly don't even know if I'll ever get a suitable Dendro goblet to replace it.

gandlethorpe posted:

https://i.imgur.com/80syVxH.mp4

Maybe someday I won't regret spending resources on this

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Now that they fixed movement skills from being stopped by pebbles, can they make Albedo-vator work more than 5% of the time? Also, make it work 0% of the time in combat because that poo poo's annoying, idc if anyone has his C4.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, I normally hate underground tunnels in games, but Sumeru nails it. I do need to figure out how to get past those vines soon though, or I'm gonna get impatient.

I'm in awe of how much content I've done while still having not touched the quests. Most of my zone exploration percentages are barely over 50.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hazdoc posted:

I highly recommend finishing that alt-story line quest, you need the gadget and the songs to finish some puzzles you might find in the world. It's like the Sacred Sakura quest from Inazuma, a couple of puzzles rely on progress in it. It is ABSURDLY long though (I spent like half of yesterday on it and I'm still not done...)

Yeah, I figured anything involving music notes or the not-Koroks are story locked, but there's still been plenty to do. Now that I've got a solid Dendro-themed team going and have familiarized myself with the land, I think I'll finally get started on the quests.

No Wave posted:

The line of mushrooms walking together in the mushroom forest. I feel sooo bad fighting them. In general tho I love the mushrooms a lot, my favorite new enemies since launch, they're all so cute, unqiue, easy, and slapping around five different mushroom tyoes at once is so funny. Sumeru is incredible.

Another thing that's been a knock out of the park has been the enemy design. All the mobs are aesthetically cool and diverse, but also interesting to fight without being frustrating. Judging by 3.1 leaks, they're just getting started.

I wish there were more flying Ruin Drakes to fight. It's quite satisfying to blow them up in the sky.

https://i.imgur.com/U6ay2ku.mp4

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

There's something intensely satisfying about Tighnari's burst animation followed by a waterfall explosion of numbers.

Also he's an adorable botany nerd who talks about making bookmarks out of leaves

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Danakir posted:

How's a Tighnari/Yae Miko/Fischl/Kuki Shinobu team looking for people who've rolled for the boy? (Or alternatively replace Kuki with Zhongli)

Really want an excuse to use Yae Miko and Fischl and I'm hoping Tighnari can be that excuse.

The main issue I see with this team is not having an good on-fielder. Tighnari doesn't want to be on field once he unloads his pewpews. Fischl same with Oz. Kuki doesn't do anything special by being on field, and might even put herself in danger. I haven't used Yae enough to know this, is she good at filling time on field while others' cooldowns finish? I imagine she's all right being a catalyst, but her actual attacks are super slow and root you in place. Ideally, Tigh wants to be paired with someone with a downtime mirroring his own, but Yae's burst CD is twice as long.

And like Ytalya said, Anemo would be worth having for VV. Honestly, I think Sayu over Kuki would really shine here. Her infused roll would give something to do during Tigh's downtime, which would benefit greatly from her EM as it would do both swirl and aggravate.

Oh man, I forgot about Sayu but I think her time might have arrived. And maybe Rainslasher, for that matter.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Danakir posted:

Wouldn't Jean be better than Sayu in that scenario?

Sayu scales well with EM, so she could potentially be procing a lot of swirls, aggravates, and aggravated swirls

I dunno if it's practical though. I wanna try, but tbh I've never loved her handling

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Well that's a loving flower

Was not expecting to get one of my best pieces ever building a Dendro support Albedo

Edit: lmao, the whole set turned out way better than it had any right to

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 27, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Who wants to use each of those artifact sets, btw? Does Tighnari want the Dendro one or the EM one? And is the EM one good for any other specific characters?

I personally think the Dendro set is primarily a support one, but it works for a solo Dendro DPS in that it'd be lower maintenance to just give it to them and never worry about keeping up the RES shred. The tradeoff is that you don't get to enjoy double dipping into 4-piece bonuses. I'm actually using Wanderer's since I already have good pieces, but the EM one is probably about as good for him. It's pretty much for any character whose damage scales well with EM, easily procs reactions, and still appreciates ATK in a resonance team. A lot of those are probably Electro and future Dendro characters, but I can imagine it benefiting melt/vape.

Edit: Tangentially related, I think I'm finally falling in love with Albedo for real, despite having him for a while and enjoying him well enough. I never really saw the intricacies of his kit and potential synergies that are so unique to him. Funny that it took Dendro for me to see that in a Geo character. He also has really neat synergy with Raiden that is barely every acknowledged.

One trick I'm discovering is that you can get pretty considerable range on his E by aiming it ahead in the air. That puts you pretty much on the edge while able to hit an enemy the full diameter away with a bow or other long ranged attack. The chain reaction of placing his E, lobbing Tigh's E, and procing Raiden's lightning on a distant target is oddly satisfying.

Edit 2: He makes a flower after all, he was always meant as a Dendro support :tinfoil:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 27, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Anyone know what the deal is with these? I can't figure out how to interact with them. They never seem to be guarding anything major, so I feel like it shouldn't be complicated or related to the story. But I could be wrong.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

You'll get to it well into the Aranyaka questline.

Ah, good enough excuse as any to finally get started on that

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I think I prefer having explored the map first. It familiarized me with where things were and how most mechanics worked, minus the few story-locked ones. I think I'd be overwhelmed with all the additional things to do for the cute little seed dudes. Now that I'm doing the quests, it's pretty easy to get around.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Don't-need-my-teammates'-bursts status achieved :toot:

https://i.imgur.com/W4zmFz9.mp4

I think this is the first team I love just as much as my Chong/Aloy/Kaz/Koko freeze team. It kind of mirrors that one in a lot of ways that check my boxes:
  • Every character synergizes with each other in compounding ways
  • Es pull a ton of weight
  • Not reliant on bursts, but they still have a huge impact if used
  • Mechanic intensive, feels like playing a different game
  • Effective at all ranges
  • Great in open world and Abyss (I'm assuming)
  • Uses the cutest anime boys

The funny thing is that it uses none of the same elements. I guess Pyro is truly my least favorite.

The only thing I truly miss is Kazuha's item succ. Lack of true healing isn't too bad. I rarely take damage outside of carelessness or the rare Rifthound encounter, and it's fun having an excuse to feed Tigh his favorite mushrooms.

I've come around to appreciating VV, which I felt was just a statstick at first. The succ is actually nice for pinning down enemies for easy aiming, as well as maximizing Raiden/Albedo procs. Plus it looks great on him.

The biggest weakness I see with this comp is dealing with elemental shields. Most of them have to be brute forced, except for Hydro. When fighting Fatui grunts, better hope you kill them before they power up, though that isn't too difficult with this damage output.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

drat, yours does a lot more damage than mine. What are your talents at? And what are the artifacts main stats? Having lower talents is the biggest obvious weakness mine has (his are all only 3 right now). It seems like all 3 talents are pretty useful for him. (edit: Wait, are the 17000k hits Albedo or Tighnari? I can't tell the difference between the Geo and Dendro colors visually)

This is what I have right now.

The 17k hits are Tigh. Albedo does regularly hit for around 12-15k though.

Talent priority is NA/CA > Q > E. His E is probably one of the worst scaling things in the game and can honestly be kept at 1 indefinitely, but I'll probably still level it eventually.

Ytlaya posted:

Only vaguely related, but it's very weird that there's no Dendro/Geo reaction, since it's probably the Dendro combo with the most intuitive reaction conceptually (aside from maybe Dendro/Pyro or Dendro/Hydro). I get why it's the case, since it'd be unbalanced to have an exception where you no longer get shield particles, but it's still strange.

Eh, I'm fine with it being inert with Dendro since it means it doesn't mess up their reactions with the other 3. I actually speculated this in the old thread and am finding it more or less true:

gandlethorpe posted:

I think Geo being mostly unobtrusive with Dendro reactions might actually be a boon in disguise. They could potentially be really strong as a support element, particularly for quicken/catalyze. The issue right now is that Geo tends to mess up reactions involving the big four elements. With Dendro reactions, it'll only ever interfere if you apply the non-Dendro first, Geo second, and Dendro last. And even then, the reaction still might go through.

With Geo having fewer elements to crystallize, Archaic Petra may become more valuable. For example, an Electro aggravate team won't want to run Hydro, Pyro, or Cryo. That gives you space to run Dendro, Geo, or Electro resonance or Anemo for VV.

Several Geo characters also have decent kits to offer a team that runs Dendro reactions. Albedo buffs EM and can deal off-field damage for the Dendro set. Zhongli for universal -RES and also off-field damage. Yun Jin's Q stacks with aggravate/spread. Geo Traveler buffs crit. Any two of these would bring Geo resonance and strong support abilities that an Electro or Dendro carry can appreciate, and they should be able to burst often. Hell, even Ningguang might work with Hakushin Ring, or could serve as a healer with Prototype Amber. Or Gorou indirectly buffing DPS by giving Yun Jin more DEF.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 29, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Republicans posted:

I was wondering what dumb bullshit the new world boss was gonna do to keep you from hurting it but LOL no you can kill it in like 10 seconds. Also it seems you get 3 ascension materials every time now which is extremely welcome.

The first part yes, but unfortunately not the second. But yeah it's refreshing not to have unnecessary invulnerability phases. The next few bosses looks like they'll be fliers though. Shouldn't be a problem for Tighnari though!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Word on the street is that Dehya is a burning-based character. I liked her character and design in the story and burning interests me more than melt/vape, so I hope that's true.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So much of Sumeru open world content requires Dendro and/or strongly encourages a bow, like sniping Withering Zone branches or those big Dendroculus targets. I didn't realize for a while how much Tighnari made it a non-issue. I imagine Collei helps the same with puzzles, but she doesn't wreck poo poo like Tigh.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Double Dendro/Electro sounds like a fun comp. Traveler and Collei are a bit underwhelming on their own, but should be strong when they can spam bursts and stack tons of team EM. Traveler's burst applies a decent amount of Dendro over its duration, but the AoE is pitiful. Their E is also lackluster. Collei has deceptively poor application on her burst, but her overall kit applies a lot of AoE Dendro which improves with constellations. I think DendroMC/Collei/Kuki+Electro of choice has a lot of potential. The cool part is that as the Dendro roster grows, most Dendro/Electro combinations should work since catalyze is such a flexible reaction. One of my favorite parts about this is that no EM goes to waste because all party members benefit from it. The downside is that everyone's artifacts need to be built.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 29, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I always appreciate it when a character can do their own talent domain.

In fact, Tighnari shreds the talent domain pretty amazingly. Flying enemies crumple to his charge shots. :v:

:same:

https://i.imgur.com/9Bu9DFe.mp4

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

converting mushrooms to their Pyro versions

Is this a thing? I can't recall any time I needed Pyro for anything but unsealing those Ruin machines and the standard torches.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Except without the boss materials, it's kind of moot. It is nice that they're providing additional ways of farming them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

You'll lose out on a good character is what