Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

I really appreciate how Sumeru just let's you run amok and ignore quests if you want. Also, Dendro Traveler seems to do plenty of damage with +0 artifacts if you just throw his burst into an electrocharged soup you've got going.

And speaking of artifacts, I'm pretty sure I burned through a couple months worth of luck with this drop I just got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

No Wave posted:

Can set bow horizontal/vertical sensitivity individually.

Which is pointless, because the max setting is 5 and it needs to be more like 8.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
free gems for some reason
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=6A6VJTWGCPYV

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Is it just me, or do all three dendro characters have the same burst?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I want to reach level 2 Sumera rep before the weekly reset, and I'm not sure if it's even doable. I've done the archon quest and explored 10% of Sumeru so far, which gets me about halfway there. Looks like I'm trying to do half a dozen sidequests and even more exploration over the next few days.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Just managed to squeak it in. Man, Mihoyo really did decide to rip off Koroks and then make AN ENTIRE VIDEOGAME OF CONTENT about them.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been using a hyperbloom team with Kuki, Mona, DMC, and Collei. Kuki is wearing whatever EM artifacts I had lying around, the hyperblooms hit for 22k, which easily mops up and overworld mobs. Using Mona's splishy-splash dash to apply hydro and chase down dendro cores has got to be the goofiest comp I've ever used.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RareAcumen posted:

And so, Aloy fades into darkness. Never to be seen again. Who will-

Wait, is that- By God, that's Inuyasha's music!

Give me your stats, I have no idea what a good Dendro team is, despite having all 3 of them now.

Kuki is wearing random artifacts and holding an Iron Sting, she's level 79 with an EM score of ~700. I went with double dendro for the resonance, and DMC has the 4-piece set that shreds Dendro. I should probably give Kuki a couple of those artifacts just for the boost in Dendro damage and then pop the hyperblooms while Mona's burst is active, that would be some pretty good damage.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Alright, I've been trying to boost my hyperbloom damage, and I'm getting nowhere fast.

Dendro DMG% = does nothing. Hyperblooms deal dendro damage, but not like that.
Mona's Burst = does nothing. It must be calculated as more damage being caused by you, even thought the talent says it increases damage taken by the enemy.
4 piece TF = does nothing? I've recorded some footage, and I'm not seeing any change in damage output on hyperblooms, regardless of whether that character is on field or not.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I understand hyperblooms now. They exist so that Sucrose can be more strongerer.

https://i.imgur.com/IuQxT9c.mp4

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ninjoatse.cx posted:

That... actually sounds nice! She can be my new skyward pride holder.

e: Though she'd probably want my R5 Sac or Fav Claymore. crap.

Sounds to me like the first Bell holder has finally arrived. So she's also a bit of a shielder.

I'd like to see how hard you proc combustion on yourself if you use her burst and Benny's burst at the same time.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thinking about the upcoming banner. So whats up with kokomi

Shes a healer that does a good job at applying hydro?

She's insanely good at healing, even better than before now with the new hydro resonance. She also puts out some decent damage with the clam set. She's easy to equip, plenty of weapons are good on her, including TToDS. If you can fire off her burst before her jellyfish duration runs out, it resets. Do that for every other jellyfish and she's got 100% uptime.

She also has very good synergy with Albedo, because her jellyfish is going to hit everything nearby every 2 seconds. Albedo's skill will hit things with a 2 second cooldown, so Kokomi can maximize his DPS. Those two together can handle almost every commission and domain with just about zero effort on your part.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Well, I did it now. I broke the video game.

https://i.imgur.com/2rcVBSj.mp4

I can fast travel to the domain 'Fragment of Childhood Dreams' and drop down, there's a cave with some robots I can go through. I can play the game normally, except I can't shoot arrows, because I'm actually underwater. If I go upwards enough I reach the surface of the water and pop out.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Sanctum posted:

New gadget seems useful

I wonder if you get a bonus bonus if you use it as Itto.

/edit - I tried it with Itto. Looks like you do get a bonus.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 5, 2022

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'm still not sure how I want to build Yelan.

I had this build going for a while because I already had some good HoD artifacts. It works great, but I thought I should finish off her EoSF set.

I've been trying to make it work but I'm just not quite getting the rolls I want.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Don't underestimate Kokomi full hydro teams. Koko + Xingqui + Yelan + anemo. It's surprisingly powerful, I've done easy clears of abyss 12 with that team.

Kokomi also has amazing synergy with dendro jump pads. It might be a preview of how crazy she'll be with a strong dendro support.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 8, 2022

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
There was that Ishin event a while back in Inazuma, where some guy made combat challenges for you by just imagining them. If you talked to him about it he would tell you that it was possible to do all kinds of amazing combat techniques by imagining really hard. It seemed like a hint that the Traveler was using his fantastic mind powers to mimic various people he had met.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Weren't there rumors of Mondstadt getting a new chunk added to the northeast?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Leathal posted:

Another newbie question: I talked to what appeared to be just a random NPC in the little rest area before the mountain zone filled with lvl 30 stuff and he gave me a 4 star artifact.

Is that a common thing and is there a list somewhere showing who has what? Seems like most NPCs either don’t give anything or else they hand over a meat skewer or whatever.

There's a nun in the Mondstadt church who gives you a 4* artifact. I thought she was the only one.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Show me your weird abyss teams.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Paimon's burst forces enemies to explore this area later. Then they turn around and walk into a cliff face multiple times until the game respawns them in the middle of Mondtstadt.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

Another weird thing I've noticed in Sumeru is a brief green sparkle animation on my character that triggers in certain areas. I can make it come back by moving around the same spot, but I haven't found any indication that there's some special reason for it like a treasure to find.

Yeah, I've been seeing that. Seems to happen a lot in Sumeru city.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I think there's only a few days left to get green Amber for free. Just walk waaaaaaaaaay to the southwest. Should be doable on a new account, just don't try fighting anything.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

No Wave posted:

I am legit proud of this one

Must have been tough getting past 12-1-2, that chamber is just screaming at you to bring a freeze team. Better bring a strong hydro and cryo, oh wow jeez look who's on the limited banner.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been trying to analyze the Sumeru sparkles.

https://i.imgur.com/LmgERW5.mp4

You've probably seen this sometimes. You get a green sparkle, with a sound effect, but nothing happens. Poking around that area can make the sparkle keep happening.

I've figured out that there are lines on the map which, when crossed, set off the sparkle. I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but I'm leaning towards bug. The video clip there shows a spot near the hairdreser where two of them converge.

I'm gonna go ahead and call these 'leylines'.

I've found these three, but I think there are more. The one just to the east of Akedemiya will active if you're moving east, but not west. You can easily see this by walking back and forth across the bridge to their front door.

/edit it isn't just two lines touching, there's just a box around Ghanda hill. The line along the north edge only activates while moving south

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 25, 2022

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Alright, the leylines are definitely boxes. These are the two I mapped out.

Step into a box, get a sparkle.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 25, 2022

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

At the center of each box is a dream arch thingy.

CASE CLOSED and now my brain will surely allow me to sleep

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Have the spreadsheet touchers figured out what weapons will be good for Candace? I've got a Skyward Spine just lying around.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if the reason for the weird boxes around the dream arches that are too huge to be just a single minigame area is that there's future content planned for them based around that travelling-into-dreams concept.

I figured that out. When you complete an arch and turn in the seeds, you get the sparkle effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTz3uNgeyVc&t=105s

Then there's a glitch that makes the same sparkle happen when a finished arch is spawned into the overworld.

https://i.imgur.com/vGT2sGR.mp4

The completed arch over there on top of the waterfall is spawning in when I cross a certain line on the map. When that happens, some stray line of code is making me sparkle as if I just finished the arch activity.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Looks like the green sparkles are completely gone in 3.1.

MoonCrab posted:

Edit: actually, for the more experienced hyper-kuki users, do you guy use tenacity or the new EM thing? I was looking at tenacity myself but when I think about it, most hyperbloom teams don't really need teamwide attack super badly.

I thought Thundering Fury was the choice for hyperbloom.

Any kind of hyperbloom team should be nuts with Nahida. According to the leaks she turns single-target damage into multi-target damage.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I got my Tighnari off the standard banner yesterday. My stupid plan to save standard wishes until 3.1 actually worked.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

The funny thing is, they do this a lot for new characters who will never or barely get to use them. Kuki, Dori, Candace, and Collei all have pretty neat chains. The older characters who do actually use their NAs a lot are stuck with stock animations.

Mostly, yeah. Jean and Keqing have a lot of similar stuff. Then there's Fischl, who does chuuni laughs after each shot if you delay the button press just right.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I realize I was asking for crap with these substats

but c'mon though

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'm more worried about farming up the fungal spores for Nahida. She needs as many as Tighnari, and I pretty much cleaned out my stock when I built him up.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Yae's turrets will also target the robot while it's invisible, which makes it pretty easy to spot.

Then you run over to it with Dendro MC and press the right trigger and he just turns around and targets a mechanical thing behind him all the way across the room. Blew a 3* run of abyss 12-3 on that.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'm trying to figure out how Nahida will work in a hyperbloom team. The numbers says that off-field Nahida will apply dendro every 2.5 seconds. How many dendro cores can I get out of that, assuming there is also a catalyze reaction?

It doesn't make any sense for Bennet to still be alive by the end of this video. He should be obliterating himself when he sets off his burst. There must be enough i-frames in his burst to save him, which is actually pretty cool.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think I'm gonna end up building Nahida as the driver for a quicken team with Zhongli just because I lack kuki for cool hyperbloom strats.

I don't think Kuki is the best pick for a Nahida hyperbloom team. She would certainly do well in that team, but Nahida only gives bonus EM to the on-field character. What you really want is someone will be on field, doing normal attacks, and makes the most of an EM build. The answer is Sucrose.

Anemo characters can swirl electro to hit the bloom seeds. So, you need a character who applies electro off-field without hitting the seeds themselves. The options there are Beidou and Fischl. Fischl does bonus damage when electro reactions occur, and there's going to be a lot of those. Also Fischl works great with Stringless, so she's already got some EM, which works well in this team.

Just add character who dishes out Hydro when you do normal attacks. The options are Xingqui and Yelan, and that's a tough choice, because they're both fantastic options.

Sucrose will swirl hydro and electro, dealing double swirl damage while also making enemies weaker to those elements. She'll hit those blooms for hyperblooms that deal something like 35k damage. She'll also give other team members a ton of EM so they hit harder with electro/dendro reactions. She'll also group up enemies so the small AOE on hyperbloom can git multiple targets, and if she's at C6, her burst will also give a damage boost for whatever it absorbs.

Sucrose is the Damage Archon. She will defeat your enemies.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I got Yae when she was new, and she was never really great to use. Sometimes she could contribute to a good abyss team, but she was never the MVP.

That's different now that I've got Tighnari. Yae and Tigh are best buds, and their team is strong enough to beat anything. Yae is also looking like a good choice for Nahida hyperbloom teams.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been working on a way to get an anemo character to apply more hydro in a hyperbloom team while also setting off hyperblooms. Most anemo characters have an infusion gimmick they can use to absorb an element. Absorb some hydro and you'll have a secondary source of hydro application, which would lead to more dendro cores being made.

In theory, this isn't hard to do. Swirl priority will pick hydro over electro, so just get to the point where enemies are electro-charged. The anemo burst will pick up hydro, then you can fire up some dendro and get the pain train rolling. In practice, you won't be able to keep that burst ready to go on an anemo character with a full EM build. Not on Sucrose, anyway.

So I did some experiments. I made a goofy team that used Barbara and Sayu, which was actually strong enough to clear abyss 12. Then I did some stuff with Candace and Kazuha, trying to use Kazuha's sick normal attack string to apply hydro. That was disappointing, the hydro application was barely enough to keep up with DMC, and Candace's burst in only 9 seconds long. Almost made Candace useful there.

Then I realized that Kazuha actually had two infusions he can use. His burst can infuse electro and set off hyperblooms. If you use Xinqui to apply a ton of hydro, Kazuha can grab that with his jump infusion, then come down for a landing and produce more dendro cores when he does.

Then I tried doing this with a thundering fury set on Kazuha.

https://i.imgur.com/ypdNvlR.mp4

It's pretty strong. You might notice that Kaz is taking a ton of damage, and some of that is because he swirls pyro off an enemy attack and sets off a bunch of burgeons. Just go ahead and ignore that. It's a proof of concept, and it gets results. The TF set he was wearing wasn't even fully upgraded.

While testing this team I found out there's an achievement for killing 4 dudes at once with hyperblooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Tanreall posted:

If only someone hadn't recently posted a clip of Sucrose doing just that.

What clip? It's not in your post history, and it's not in the past 7 pages.