Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, the traveller talks when you open treasure chests now! By 2044 they'll be fully voice acted in cutscenes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, with so many success stories I've gotta do a little wishing now.

(50) Collei C0 (60) Favonius Greatsword R4 (70) Fischl C7 Diona C7 (80) Tighnari C0 The Bell R5

Well, got the new Dendro girl kinda really easily! I'll just hold onto these since I've still not hit pity. Gotta figure out if I try to get Tighnari now or go for Kokomi. And it's also super lucky that I just finished leveling Heizou and Kazuha's friendship to max today.

Edit: Decided to go for it because I have found a single mushroom and have no idea where to look and I'm back on the 'Wins 50/50s' train I was on before!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 24, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

the dendro res shred artifact is basically mandatory for any team thats running a dendro dps (read: tighnari teams), but tighnari isnt the one that wants to run it, he wants it on a support. the em/atk one seems decent but tighnari wants wanderer's troupe more than it. might be yae's bis tho?

Wait, he wants Wanderer and not that Dendro dmg +15% one?!

Well that's going to make gearing him so much easier!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Realized I should probably be documenting my Sumeru experience

• Ran in to start unlocking statues and the map, wow Dendro MC skill takes forever to recharge.
  • Oh god these artifacts are bad but I have no idea what would be good in the first place
  • Holy poo poo that's a huge monst- oh it's dead. And it drops meat? It looks much scarier than it actually is in practice
  • Oh holy poo poo, an NPC walking and talking with us at the same time, that's an incredible leap forward in game performance
  • (Entering a Withering Zone) What the gently caress am I supposed to be doing (Figuring it out) Oh, that's simple. These places are stressful.
  • How does Dendro damage even work
  • I should do my wishes (Collei gained!)
  • Which one of these artifacts should I be giving her? Oh gently caress, I'm running out of good bows, I totally forgot!
  • (One more 10 pull, obtained Tighnari) Hopefully he helps me find level stuff, I have not seen a single one of their local specialties yet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, my final dumb observation was that it's funny that we get to Sumeru and oh hey would you look at that, spices.

Yeah we had salt and pepper already but it's not quite the same thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

We've had other spices too (chili, anyone?) they've just been handled by throwing the whole-rear end spice fruit in the pot. The completely unheralded option to process spice out of fruits is cool and good, though, especially since the local varieties look particularly fleshy.

Maybe the next part of Sumeru will have honey and garlic in it, who knows!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also I'm the only person in the world that cares about this but I'm sad that the new expeditions didn't increase the dispatch number and also Sumeru doesn't also have ore to farm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Inazuma didnt have ore expeditions either. It's a little weird to be honest, it's not like getting four more mystic ores a day is gamebreaking.

I wasn't thrilled about that part either, don't worry! I still don't even have 400 of Inazuma's ore to my name. (After making an R5 Anenoma and one of all the other weapons)

Stare-Out posted:

The Sumeru expeditions seem pretty worthless overall, honestly. Nice for cooking but otherwise there's not much point to them.

They need to add leveling up materials to them or something at this point. Even the ore or mora doesn't seem terribly rewarding, even if it adds up.

I wouldn't mind them being added to enemy drop tables too, tbh. It'd be nice to be reminded that you're not the only person aside from the one or two NPCs selling them that cares about the local specialties.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know where I read that Collei's event quest gives you a free one really quick. They must've skipped all the lead up involved.

All these Sumeru names are just going to make Candace stick out even more to me once I get her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I went so out of order I ran into Sumeru and started unlocking statues and teleport waypoints before starting Collei's quest. I didn't even enter it the correct way to trigger the Haypasia encounter and start all that up.

But that's just because I've been broken by open world games and I hate not having a map I can see because I get turned around and lost in games extremely easily if I'm not playing Yakuza or Control.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've had Kazuha for a month and a half I think just now is the first time I've seen his full Normal attack string.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Don't-need-my-teammates'-bursts status achieved :toot:

https://i.imgur.com/W4zmFz9.mp4

Boy, I can't wait to get all the materials to bring Collei and Tighnari up to 70+ and also be able to get semi decent damage out of one of them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So do the unlocks for the vines covering everything, the singing arches, the dendro barriers and those broken elemental totems come from the Archon quest or the Aranara ones?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Excelzior posted:

if you're midair you can just hit RB to swing to the next one. You only need to hit L+X if you're on the ground

Same as the Inazuma ones. The only thing is that Dendro gives you a bit of an air boost so you can also kinda make it onto a ledge afterwards.

Republicans posted:

I was wondering what dumb bullshit the new world boss was gonna do to keep you from hurting it but LOL no you can kill it in like 10 seconds. Also it seems you get 3 ascension materials every time now which is extremely welcome.

Yeah, it's so refreshing to finally have another world boss you can just beat up without having to wait for them to get back within range or turn off their invincibility. And I'm someone that did that enough times to bring Heizou and Yelan to 80+ and Shinobu to 70+ It never got less annoying to do.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, just give me all the spoilers, the Archon quest unlocks the bounties and requests and the end of the Sabsereuz Festival is like 2 hours of cutscenes right?

I'm just going off of what's been posted in here that isn't behind spoiler bars. Not sure which quests unlock the rest of the map.

Also the Aloy mail is about to expire so I can't wait to see what happens. Does she just become unobtainable or will the give you another one with not constellation system activated for her or her bow?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

You'll lose out on a good character is what

No Wave posted:

My guess is you'll end up in the same situation as the other 30 million players without an Aloy.

I already have Aloy and her bow, I'm just wondering if she disappears forever after this or you get another one!

Mailer posted:

Nothing to spoil, really. Yes the Subaru Festiva is long and dumb and just a cutscene you have to mash through. Do not attempt to go do something else - you gotta finish it in one go. After that you unlock the bounty/request guy but you don't get bounties/requests until you rank up to level 2. This requires a good amount of exploration and quests so it's not instant.

I've done everything I've found barring the Aranyka sidequest, which I hear is like ten hours of hell, and I'm not level 2 yet. Will probably see 3.1 before I unlock bounties. :/

I just want that unlocked first so that's good to know. I guess I'll just assume that it's the Aranyka sidequest that unlocks the rest of the map then. There's a spot near the Jadebloom boss and a small patch of the desert that Paimon just steers you away from that should be part of this patch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Counting the days until Ryu

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are people generally just stacking health on Zhongli for the shield, or doing some kind of mix to get some damage from his burst? or does it just kinda depend on what i need more...

I don't really have any great spears. I have The Catch for him right now

If you have a Staff of Homa you can give that to him and get some great damage out of his burst too.

He probably works great for damage or HP stacking like Bennet does with normal atk and crit hourglasses and helmets tbh. I haven't had him built to hit anything since the best spear I can give him is a Black Tassel. I don't think he'd get much out of The Catch or a Skyward Spine since his attack talents are still at lvl 1.

Stare-Out posted:

This is pretty evident for me trying to jump on the bouncy mushrooms, it's like any bit of momentum the character has means they'll launch in that direction when you jump so the best way to do it is to get on the mushroom, fully stop, then jump unless you get lucky on the initial jump onto the thing. It's weird.

Have you noticed how there's 0 air control in this game unless you're gliding? It feels very weird once you pick up on that.

Mailer posted:

Yeah it unlocks extra mandatory stuff just by virtue of doing it. I have no idea how far along I am but it's long, it's got plenty of you-will-sit-and-read-paimon-recaps action and it's a good candidate for mashing through while watching Netflix. Not quite Inazuma bad but it ain't great.

Thank you, that's the part I really needed to know!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 30, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Excelzior posted:

listen im going to feed that dog everytime I log in for the mora and mats regardless :colbert:

Do what now?

No Wave posted:

I want Kusanali to be dendro klee. That's all it would take to make Nilou really good.

Another Klee type catalyst character in general would be cool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, I don't get how people are getting such good damage out of Tighnari, he's hitting like a water balloon even with 16+ artifacts.

*One Lvl 70 later*

Oh wow he's really dependent on that A4 talent.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kale posted:

Based on fan response they should have made Dunyarzad a playable character :lol:

Justice for Dunyarzad and Kazari/Hanachirusato

Stare-Out posted:

Same here. I don't know what they could've done though, up the drop rate for a while or something? That would just invite complaints. Still, it's a huge drag. One 4* Dendro goblet so far and I've spent tons of resin plus ground down a bunch of 5* artifacts for others but nope.

Managing player happiness is a delicate balance. Imagine what would happen if it was weighted towards what you put in; just speedballing in piles of goblets and getting 5 everytime? What would the point of the stamina system even be at that point!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 1, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Rolled for Zhongli on the thread’s overwhelming recommendation but completely forgot the 50/50 mechanic existed!

So I can now say my first 5* character is Jean. She seems cool! Any tips on using her? Her skill letting her pick people up and fire them off cliffs is hilarious.

She's also one of the few characters that can clear elements with her burst, so you could use her while doing talent book grinding.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And so, Aloy fades into darkness. Never to be seen again. Who will-

Wait, is that- By God, that's Inuyasha's music!

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've been using a hyperbloom team with Kuki, Mona, DMC, and Collei. Kuki is wearing whatever EM artifacts I had lying around, the hyperblooms hit for 22k, which easily mops up and overworld mobs. Using Mona's splishy-splash dash to apply hydro and chase down dendro cores has got to be the goofiest comp I've ever used.

Give me your stats, I have no idea what a good Dendro team is, despite having all 3 of them now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I was thinking of various weird/goofy options for characters to be involved in collabs, and then realized that Aloy from the Horizon games is probably at least as weird as most of the stuff I would have come up with.

Maybe we'll get Joel from The Last of Us as a Genshin character

Inspector Gadget

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Sabzeruz Festival owwwwwwwwwwns, this loving rules! Sumeru is so cool even though the city's a academic dictatorship! loving Footloose rear end leadership.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I managed to figure out how to get that video I saved like a month ago to actually upload. Remember me, when you're playing this game on PCs and PS5s. It's kinda caveman times back here.

https://i.imgur.com/PP3bFq5.mp4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh my god they're finally doing it. I just started doing today's daily mission and Uninvited Guests has Xiao in it! Wow! A character I know about and want to see in the world doing things!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ei has put so many points into violence that she literally cannot cook. If she were to hold chicken and a mushroom the entire waveform would collapse, like Bennet picking up a 4-leaf clover.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

Collei is way better than amber and is a perfectly passable unit. Shes not amazing or anything but she does the thing shes designed to do adequately. Feels like as soon as a 4* isnt as good as xingqiu or fischl or whoever they get derided as garbage.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FatNarrowImperatorangel-mobile.mp4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waiting on the Dendro Ayaka/Mona sprinter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's definitely a weird choice to drop 3 dendro characters (two of which are bow users) and then dip for a few patches. But I can also see how people would get burned out on a non-stop dendro train.

Bows let you be the most creative when designing puzzles. Early game sucked when you only had MC for anemo and Kaeya for ice but everyone else was a bow or catalyst user.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Itto's an oni in a Touhou sense, doesn't matter if he doesn't look like he can beat Kevin Nash in an arm wrestling contest, he's still easily able to punch through mountain in a month.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Struggling to get to Rep 2 in Sumeru, I'm cheating now and looking up the available quests. What're the short ones?

I've already done:
  • Through Mists of Smoke and Forests Dark
  • The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings
  • The Price
  • Adventure Takes Courage!
  • The Path of Papers
  • Even Beasts Stumble
  • Where Are the Fierce Creatures?

I've managed to scrape up one exploration reward and I'm working on the various Aranyaka quests and subquests. Just got the Dendrograna song for the harp. I just need three more quests knocked out and I can start doing bounties and requests.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ReverendHammer posted:

Is there a site that's actually good about telling you WHERE to find these? I was poking around for the same thing earlier today, and couldn't find anything useful for the same purpose (building up that reputation exp).

Mild aside: threw like five rolls at the Zhongli banner. Ended up getting Jean since I was near pity. Maybe I'll figure out a use for her. At least now I can save all my primos for Nilou.

I've been checking game8 and trying to figure out which ones are short and also don't require any or much Aranyaka progress.

https://game8.co/games/Genshin-Impact/archives/387498

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ReverendHammer posted:

Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Which is funny since I was on that site looking over a page that supposedly covered all of the quests, but a lot of stuff was listed as TBA.

Yeah they're still missing a few of them like Garcia's Paean, Gourmet Supremos: Within Our Duties, and Cost-Effective Hook but it's better than nothing and they've got screenshots to guide you where and what specifically.

Eimi posted:

Just saying there's no five star geo lady yet.

To be fair, women corner the market on 5*s for every element but Anemo and Dendro right now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

hydro is pretty even, and dendro seems like it'll be pretty male dominated. of the 4 dendro 5*s we know about (tighnari, al-haitham, kusanali, baizhu), kusanali is the only girl

Yeah you've got a point, I should've been more specific and mention that hydro has the best gender split of all the elements on 5*s.

Mix. posted:

There's also no male Electro 5* until next patch

It's kinda funny that they're doing another take on Razor as the first one though. And speaking of which, him and Fischl should be better friends since they both have electro animal summons.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

ive been playing since launch and have been a welkin + bp player, and i have every character in the game except albedo, itto, klee, xiao, and

diluc

I started buying welkin + bp in Jan 2021 (And only bought 30$ of crystals once when Eula's first banner came around because I decided at the last minute that I also wanted her after I'd spent all of my rolls on Klee) and I'm missing 7 characters that I never rolled for: Tartaglia, Ayaka, Yoimiya, Kokomi, Shenhe, Yae Miko, and Ayato.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to them filling in the gaps on 4* character element and weapon combos. There's still no 4* anemo or geo swordsperson, we just need a hydro bow and claymore user at this point, Candace is coming next patch so that just leaves electro spear as the last one missing, and of course, any type of cryo catalyst would be the first now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Every 5* has been deemed bad before release it feels like. Yoimiya is worse than Diluc. Raiden doesn't do damage. Kazuha is just a 5* Sucrose (as if that's somehow meant to be a bad thing). Never trust anyone's evaluations until a few weeks after release. Even then probably still don't.

Yeah that's basically the entire history summed up. If you listen to the loudest voices in the room talk about new characters, everyone since Xiao has been nigh-unplayable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

frajaq posted:

I have to kill the happy dancing eremite to get this chest...

I have never felt guilty about beating up eremites because they're enemies that immediately go aggro the second you get in their range.

But every time I unseal one of those restrained ruin machines I always feel bad because I'm definitely making the area worse and more dangerous by doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

serefin99 posted:

You're only making it more dangerous if you don't kill them afterwards. If you do, then I'd say the world is safer than if they were sealed behind an easily broken lock.

They came from Khaenri'ah, they're under the same curse of immortality as the hillichurls! You kill them and they respawn 2 hours later for any disobedient child to stumble across!