Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Sumeru is the closest I’ve come in Genshin to feeling like I’m in a Miyazaki movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Man Rana’s world quest I think is longer than the Archon quest.

Though it’s actually a bunch of world quests that interconnect with each other. Not complaining though as it’s pretty awesome.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Yea anyone thinking of doing the Rana quest before continuing the Archon quest know that I’ve been doing it for 10 hours and still in part two of from what I understand is a four part quest.

Granted the last two might be considerably shorter, and some things probably took me a bit longer than others. But I’d say 10 hours is about the minimum you’re looking at to fully complete it.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

The Wanderer is so fun to use for exploring.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

MNSNTZR posted:

clicking through any non-archon quest dialogue while working/playing a different game/doing literally anything else until i see a character i actually like out of the corner of my eye has never once failed me, and it’s working great again

Except the multi part world quests as those are some of the best quests in the game.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

There’s a lot of hosed up stories and characters in Genshin they’re just mainly in the lore found from reading books and item descriptions.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

I wish they'd add a way to play the old event questlines.

Or be able to read in archives like archon/story quests.

Also wish you could read world quests as they’re sometimes the hardest to follow as there’s no voice.

Though it’s true you can read them on the fandom site.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Does Wanderer get any traversal benefits by raising levels/ascension? Currently I have him at lvl 20 and am just using him for travel purposes.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Goddamn the new area has some amazing sights.

Only Elden Ring gives me the same thrill of open world exploration Genshin does.

Edit: oh and the Xenoblade series.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Err how do you access the case record?

Also holy poo poo this is great.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Traveller posted:

COMRADE FROG

Best new character haha.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Zenostein posted:

It's more or less fine, but it's not like it's generally any different. Show up, something happens, childe appears for some reason, you find a pretty girl with a problem and decide to hop right into sorting it out. Same as usual.

I did find myself wishing I could tie paimon to something so she'd stop floating around so I could advance the drat text an awful lot, but I couldn't say if that was more than usual.

It's definitely pointing at plenty of interesting stuff, but that's mostly interesting stuff for future you to enjoy. There's only a few really interesting bits in the main quest so far.

Slightly annoyed that I did another 10 hoping for more lynettes and got another lyney. An extra cat in the hat is cool, but if I'm getting a quick 5⭐︎, I'd have rather lost the 50/50. doubly so if that finally gave me a drat mona

Eh I disagree. In earlier Genshin archon quests, you’d have one person speak almost a paragraph length of dialog in a way that felt unnatural. Here the flow is much better. One character says a couple lines , then the other says another couple. So the flow feels much more like regular conversations. Also there’s less forced exposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

The quests involving the Melusines are absolutely wild. Some of Hoyo’s best storytelling.

Eimi posted:

I just straight up dislike Furina. She was annoying. Neuvilette was good but his JP va feels so off for his character, it's distracting. The way he looks and acts, I expect him to sound deeper/older and he's just like the most generic young pretty boy voice. Navia surprised me, I thought I'd also find her annoying but she totally won me over. And I of course like Clorinde but I'm gay.

Did you listen to the EN version for Furina? It casts her personality different than the JP version. Basically coming off as adorably insecure but struggling to mask it with fake confidence.

Also Neuv’s English voice is aces. For once I recommend playing the region with English voices.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 22, 2023