Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Hopefully Nilou's passive gets changed during beta, so she can be the queen of fridge teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I use Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu, and Yelan to kill the Raiden puppet boss before she transforms.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
White Tassel is better than the free Spear in the next patch and about on par with Deathmatch. If you run him as a solo electro Kitain Cross Spear at high refines is also good.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
The bloom reactions are restrictive in how you setup a team for them to be good.

An example of a good Hyperbloom team is Sucrose, Fischl, DMC, and Xingqiu. In this team Sucrose has nearly full ownership of the hyperblooms and can easily trigger them with her electro swirls. If you want her to have full ownership run Beidou with enough ER to burst on CD as her burst can't target seeds.

An example of a good Burgeon team is Razor, C6 Bennett, DMC, Xingqiu. This is an EM Razor build that also gets self overloads and because Bennett doesn't supply off field pyro Razor has full ownerships of burgeon procs.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

If we get an actual normal dendro infused dps it's pretty sick. Kuki (w/ -dendro res set)+Xingqiu+Yelan bring everything you need and it should be really strong, kuki's hyperblooms are like 20k. Kuki is > thoma here because you get to reduce dendro res with kuki's artifact set (boosting hyperbloom damage) and burgeon does pyro damage.

But given the difference between spread and aggravate scaling it may be a very long time before we get a super duper dendro applier.

Burgeon does dendro damage.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
The last 3 or 4 abyss rotations have been very easy.

Thundering Fury and Thundersoother sets are very good in quicken teams for electro characters. Thundering Fury can also be good in hyperbloom but you're generally better off using an anemo unit to trigger the hyperblooms instead of an electro unit.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Sanctum posted:

Easiest spiral abyss ever. Primo geovishap was tankier than the dendro dino :laugh:

Ruin Serpent, Thundering manifestation, and Cryo hypo are very easy abyss bosses? :goonsay:

The cryo hypo is an easy boss, the thundering manifestation was on floor 11 making it's dps check pretty low, and the other side of the ruin serpent chamber was incredibly short to where it's reasonable that you'd have two and half minutes to deal with the ruin serpent.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Mailer posted:

Cryo hypo is easy if you have built pyro. TM is... I dunno maybe if you have Yanfei/Yoimiya built? Otherwise it responds to damage windows by immediately becoming effectively invulnerable (either by height or teleporting) and its HP doesn't matter. All that matters are windows to damage it, same as worm and array. Those are the three bosses I just cash out on.

TM is fine with almost any ranged unit. One of the weeks I forgot it was there and I did it with Sucrose taser which meant it was just Sucrose and Xingqiu doing damage to it and I still got 3 stars because the floor 11 dps check is very low.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Nilou's off field hydro application is bad for her bloom teams since dendro is the strong side of the reaction (applying 1U dendro to a .8U hydro aura removes the aura leaving you with nothing, applying 1U of hydro to .8 dendro aura leaves you with .3 Dendro aura). What you'd want is for her to provide the passive and stack HP while a different hydro stacked EM to be the trigger but since the passive buff is tied to her skill that's not possible and Nilou is just going to steal blooms and make gearing the team a mess.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Eimi posted:

I really hope she can find a place in non dendro teams then. All of that sounds pretty terrible for a character whose look I love.

Though given who its speculated she is alongside Eula, I am going for their weapon and if I get Nilous that's a bonus and incentive to go for her.

It's all prerelease analysis, so it's possible people are missing something.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

I remember the early rumor was bloom scaling off of the dendro's EM and the hydro's hp. Sounds a lot better, doesn't it?

It's probably how it'll end up working but it's not ideally how it would work since you just generate less blooms using dendro as the trigger.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
An enemy can only take two instances of burgeon damage every half second, so you're just wasting the other three blooms by letting them stack up.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I think part of burning's design was to be one of the negative aspects of running a burgeon team since if you trigger burning there you're probably losing a bunch of damage.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
This new event sure lets you rack up the points.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Venti was never the best anemo unit it was always Sucrose, it's still Sucrose.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
If we're doing unimpressive clips I'd like to submit this piece I call "Bennett the Undodging".

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Cyno hyperbloom will also be a decent team as you can build him full EM. It won't be as good as the Sucrose hyperbloom team but it's an option if you want to play Cyno.

Edit: Team would look like Cyno, Beidou(her burst doesn't attack dendro cores), Xingqiu, DMC.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 22, 2022

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
We'll hopefully find out soon but there are some things that could be issues with Nahida's kit.

The first possible issue is that her dendro application on her E has an unbuffed 1.9 second CD that only goes off when you trigger a reaction meaning you'll never get it to go off every 1.9 seconds and we don't know what it's ICD is. The second possible issue is that her burst says "while Nahida remains within the Shrine of Maya" this could mean that when she's off field she won't get the buffs. There's also a difference between Uba and Project Amber for her burst's electro teammate buff where Uba put a % at the end Project Amber did not, so it could just be a flat .3/.45 second reduction.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Fearmongering? Are you for real? In what way is what I posted fearmongering?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
If your Sucrose is leveled up you should check out how she works at that level. My guess is that if you drop Guoba with Xiangling and then swap to Sucrose and double E everything will be dead or near dead as long as it isn't immune to pyro.

A team like Sucrose, Xiangling, Bennett, (Xingqiu or Kaeya)

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
It's good to hear that part of their focus is on the exploration as that's my favorite part of the game but it would be nice if they turned some of that focus on new experiences to the abyss as I'm sure they could come up with a better and more varied way of doing it.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
It depends on who you're listening to because that exact team was an option floating around in TC before Cyno came out and I posted about it here before Cyno came out. It's just not as good as the Sucrose variant because Sucrose can swirl hydro in AoE situations to get more seeds than Cyno not to mention her grouping. The Cyno team does have the advantage in tank since Beidou and XQ give you like 70%+ damage reduction.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Her burst can't target the dendro cores.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
One of important parts about Sucrose even in the Kuki team is that she swirls hydro which gives you AoE hydro application in teams with XQ which gives you more dendro cores.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
This is my day 2 team that got 6.1k and could go a bit higher if I put in some effort. Day 1 I got 7k with slightly different teams.

Edit: Here's my roster to pick from:

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 11, 2022

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

I pulled him on 74 pity because I didnt know they moved the start of pity from 75 to 74

I don't know what you mean by this. If you look at https://paimon.moe/ it seems like it's always been 74.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Sucrose provides AoE hydro application through swirl and by infusing her burst with hydro which is pretty easy to do with XQ. In situations that aren't single target she'll produce more cores and do more damage. I have been using this team since 3.0 came out. It's very easy to play and Sucrose has basically full ownership of the hyperblooms.

Rotation: Sucrose Q > XQ E > Q > Fischl E > DMC E > Q > Sucrose driving. You can throw some N1s in there as well to proc XQ's swords while swapping.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
DMC doesn't "keep up" but you get 2 cores per Dendro app per mob by taking advantage of hydro and electro being able to coexist on the same enemy. Applying Dendro to an enemy affected by hydro and electro gives you a core and a Quicken aura which can then be hit with hydro again to give you a second core.

I don't know if I'd say people are sleeping on fridge. The interaction was know about before 3.0 even launched. Fridge just isn't as good as hyperbloom due to how you need to build the teams and it's lower scaling.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Most of the Fridge teams I see run bloom not hyperbloom.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Tree Reformat posted:

I will call these comps "frozen peas".

This is a good name.

Also send help DMC can't keep up. I'm bad at picking up the leaf.

https://i.imgur.com/m91G9T5.mp4

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 27, 2022

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Maxwell Adams posted:

In theory, this isn't hard to do. Swirl priority will pick hydro over electro, so just get to the point where enemies are electro-charged. The anemo burst will pick up hydro, then you can fire up some dendro and get the pain train rolling. In practice, you won't be able to keep that burst ready to go on an anemo character with a full EM build. Not on Sucrose, anyway.

If only someone hadn't recently posted a clip of Sucrose doing just that.

Tanreall posted:

Also send help DMC can't keep up. I'm bad at picking up the leaf.

Edit: Fixed link because it doesn't show up for some.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 27, 2022

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Maxwell Adams posted:

What clip? It's not in your post history, and it's not in the past 7 pages.

I have no idea why you can't see it. It shows up for me but here it is again with url instead of img.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Varka is going to be the first short male model.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
On field Sucrose with Nahida hyperbloom/salad is in my opinion her best team. Great single target damage, one of the best AoE teams in the game, Sucrose's skill and burst both have high stagger values which can prevent even heavy enemies(ex: Kairagi) from doing damage, and if you put Prototype Amber on Nahida your healing is pretty good when teamed up with XQ's damage reduction and healing while losing minimal damage because Sucrose is already stacking EM for Nahida's passive. It's a team that does everything well. Only consideration is that Sucrose also pairs well with DMC and if you want to run two hyperbloom teams splitting Sucrose and Nahida is probably the best way to get two strong teams.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

gandlethorpe posted:

Can it deal with a hypothetical Oops All Large Geo slimes encounter?

Game's been neglecting claymores lately. I wanna see more Geo obstacles.

Electro charge does pretty well against the geo armor they have, so I'd say yes. The team can also slot in Beidou if the abyss line up has a side where it's all multitarget.

Edit: It's hard to test since we don't have them in floor 12 abyss right now.

Edit2: I forgot to add that one of the reasons Prototype Amber isn't that big of a downgrade is that Sucrose rainbow buffs EM for the whole team, so Nahida is getting around 200 EM from Sucrose's passive buff.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 9, 2022

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've found that Sucrose works well with Tighnari too. Set up some off-field stuff, then go back and forth between Tighnari charge shots and Sucrose's E.

I'm hoping I luck into Tighnari on the next banner I decide to roll on but with my luck it'll just be more Mona and Qiqi cons.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 9, 2022

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
From the leaks and how Mihoyo have tied Gorou to Itto in the past there's only one 4 star spot left on that banner. Scara/Itto as 5 stars, Gorou/Faruzan/? as 4 stars.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I'm fairly convinced that Paimon is a Seelie and the lore around the Seelie's curse will end up playing a role in what happens to Paimon.

Wild guess is that we'll need to reintegrate with Irminsul to save the world or the people of Teyvat. I say reintegrate because we may have been from Teyvat but were expunged similar to Rukkhadevata. This could end up leading to a choice where Paimon could become an empty husk like the Seelie's we see in the world.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Eimi posted:

My theory on that is that the secret of the world our twin is cryptic about is that we were originally from Teyvat before the Primordial One arrive and reorganized it. That is before Irminsul even existed. Which would be why it's still possible for our twin to be tied into it, and how we are just so able to easily wield the seven elements of this world with no training or experience. That the homeland our twin speaks of isn't exactly Khaenri'ah, but the twins home, their original world. It was Teyvat all along.

Is there some lore that ties Irminsul to the Primordial One? I know that the Primordial One came to Teyvat, shielded it from the universe, fought the Seven Sovereigns, and created the world we see today but I have no idea when Irminsul came into being. Is the fact that we have records of the Seven Sovereigns proof that Irminsul existed before the Primordial One came? I don't even know if this is the original Irminsul or if it's a branch of a previous one that has regrown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
For context that Childe team when played well could do sub 20 seconds on 12-1-1 of the last abyss at C0 with no 5 star weapons.