Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The story is better if you're not waiting to get to the story checkpoints, and can do them whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sumeru exploration good. Music is good. Story is good. Best content we've had in... a long while? Ever?

I need a reason to spend more time in Port Ormos.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

I've also found Raiden's Skill to be Tigh's bff. It's controlled pacing of only going off on his shots is incredibly useful.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Zhongli's on my sumeru exploration team explicitly for the rock breaking

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
One of my friends gave Fischl's Thundering Fury EM set to his level 90 Shinobu, and she's cleaning up with the hyper blooms. It's really a race to see how much dendro/hydro application you can get.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've been trying out different burgeon teams, and I think the best burgeon applier may be Bennet. It sucks that pyro reacts with both hydro and dendro, which means off-fielders tend to eat your reactions. Being able to tap e to set them off, and still have enough time left to take another swing at any you missed is very convenient.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The only times I've been smeared is when playing coop and I wasn't using a character that had good application (Thoma). The rest of the team kept attacking her, and it just one shot us all

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 30, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love Nilou's character.... but I have no place for her.

It would be funny if Nilou replaces Ayato, who replaced Childe.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

The existence if the teapot basically makes grinding friendship pointless IMO. You'll finish someday due to the pot, and unlike, say, Arknights (where you might need 100 to unlock a module or something) there's no gameplay impact in Genshin.

I've only had every member of my team be at 10 friendship for, like, 2 1/2 weeks. Even with teapot + including them in your commission/resin teams, you still have to keep up, unless you're not rolling for characters.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've switched to a dendro / Hydro team to get more materials for Tighnari, and I the bloom mechanic without a third trigger feels really weak.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just kinda feel like the bloom reactions are... dumb? Fischl's bird doesn't target them, pyro reactions with both dendro and hydro... It almost feels like a de-synergization to set them up.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

If we get an actual normal dendro infused dps it's pretty sick. Kuki (w/ -dendro res set)+Xingqiu+Yelan bring everything you need and it should be really strong, kuki's hyperblooms are like 20k.

How does dendro reaction electro-charged (hydro+electro)?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

I like playing him the way he comes off in his trailer

https://i.imgur.com/Z0nF8oA.mp4

What spear is that on Zhongli?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Super Meat Boy
Some weird Knock off chinese game that is a clone of a western game that flops immediately
Wendy from Wendy's
A mascot from a public safety campaign

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Managed to win another 50/50 and nab Tighnari, but I'm a little lost as to how to build him, do you go atk sands/dendro goblet/crit hat on him, or is his EM scaling strong enough that you deck him out in full EM artifacts?

Atk/EM sands depending on if he'll have a good set up for reactions. Other than that, he looks like a pretty standard build. His artifact set is highly dependent on team comp, which kind of sucks considering they have yet to implement assigning artifacts to a set

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's a long one, too. Good, but I wish I knew how long it was before I started it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh my god the arana questlines, its like they took the tedium from the archon quest and just repurposed it in here instead

I think it’s best to remember they’re permanent content, not events. You can take forever to do them, it’s fine.

That being said, the story in them is FFXIV before the first credits roll bad.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Dori's burst generates energy so she might work slightly better for characters that are more energy hungry. But she's also saddled with an 80 cost burst so that's awkward. She may wanna stack a whole lot of ER% given her 2nd ascension passive gives her free energy for using her skill (up to 15 per at 300% ER). I dunno, on paper she seems like she'll be awkward to build since all of her utility is on her 80 cost burst and you have to find a balance between ER% and HP% if you also want her healing to be good.

That... actually sounds nice! She can be my new skyward pride holder.

e: Though she'd probably want my R5 Sac or Fav Claymore. crap.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

It's a shame inazuma is so potent when it comes to artifact routes... I would prefer to never set foot there again.

Is it, though? I know the reactor is the best place to finish the route, but most artifact spots in inazuma only drop 1 artifact. Lots of what I’ve seen in sumeru drop 2, but i’m not sure if they respawn.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

alternatively if you choose to banish him you later find evidence he got torn to shreds by riftwolves over in the Lost Nursery

I felt bad about choosing the option I did, maybe I shouldn't :stare:

In Inazuma (fatui spoiler) I helped the other fatuus fake her death.

Kinda wondered if I shoulda done the same, but I clicked the option before really reading them

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally finishing up the (long but interesting) Sumeru chapter. Loving that casual bomb drop confirming that Katheryne is an automaton, but also new information that she's from Schneznaya

I think the second part we've known, and the first part was hitting you with a clue-by-four. Or at least I knew the second part. I don't remember from where, may have been the wiki.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mix. posted:

believe it or not dps kokomi DOES exist though, it's just not 'slap a weapon on her and go', you have to actually artifact/team build for it... and her ult is really useful for that, because it buffs her attack and jellyfish damage by a scaling amount of her max HP, which at level 7 is around 7% of her max HP. which can scale up pretty drat high with the new hydro resonance. (its around 11% at level 7 for charge attacks/jellyfish). you really want her C1 for that though, because it gives her ult an extra effect where the final attack in her NA chain fires off a fish that deals damage equal to 30% of her max HP with no cooldown on it

Sub DPS Kokomi is good and is a thing. She needs to clam set to keep up, and farming it to get either a hydro goblet or a healing crown will give you lots of opportunities to weed out those pesy crit rate and crit damage stats she can't use. Lots of opportunities. It took me soooo drat long. Was worth it, though. She's one of my favorite characters now.

People who like Kokomi really like her.

RareAcumen posted:

Waiting on the Dendro Ayaka/Mona sprinter.

It just a hedge with two little legs running under it really fast.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

If the bubble weren't so dinky, I'd want to build main DPS Kokomi

I have Kokomi with an R5 Prototype Amber, an R5 Hakushin Ring, and I may get an Everlasting Moonglow on the next banner. Not what I'm aiming for, but then I won't turn it down.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mix. posted:

well that sure is a goblet for yelan i guess :prepop:

She wants a hydro goblet. Maybe a good diona or Kuki goblet.

edit: or maybe not. I guess it depends on her bow /artifact set

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 5, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

New gadget seems useful

Is this the new "How I achieved greatness on a sonic bed" article? The writer likes anime and far-right memes I wonder what corner of the internet they hail from. :jerkbag:

We really need a guide on where to use the drat thing for the most effect. Bamboo has never been hard to gather, but I'd like to know the best place for the new trees.

Kind mad that it "harvests" the wood instead of just giving it to you. Meaning that you have to move around to use it on the same tree over and over. Harvesting my wood by afk macroing.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

AParadox posted:

Most eosf users do prefer an elemental goblet unless they get extra total damage from ER like mona and raiden do, but excellent substats and being on set can make up the difference.

I went to the math section on when they were calculating HP gob vs hydro gob for Yelan. Basically, if Yelan is using a weapon (or an artifact set like EoSF with a high ER) that gives her a high DMG% bonus, then an HP Gob will beat out a hydro goblet by a small amount (about 1-2%). If the substats are much better on HP goblet (they are much easier to get), then it will win out in those circumstances.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dendro and the new artifact sets made team building weird

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

silvergoose posted:

Same. She was my first built DPS.

Same

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

We dont even have a cryo catalsyt

First cryo catalyst will scale off em just to make frostbearer remain worthless.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

ive been playing since launch and have been a welkin + bp player, and i have every character in the game except albedo, itto, klee, xiao, and

diluc

Replace Klee for Eula, and that's my list. Wow

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

For some reason the one that bothered me the most was the universal belief that Ayaka was clearly worse than ganyu. This belief lasted at least through 2.2.

I don't remember that. The videos of people grinding ruins guards to pulp with one ult came out pretty quickly. I think people underestimating her charge attack was the main noteworthy point.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I rolled for ayaka on a whim (and randomly got her off-pity) just because I thought the dash infusion thing seemed cool. And then I realized that 85% of her power is in her burst and didn't use her for a long time, besides dashing across lakes.

Now that I have Kazuha she actually feels playable.

I think Klee is pretty much unusuable without Kazuha. I got Kaz first, so I lucked out. She's a top rate 5 star with him in the team and pretty forgettable without him.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've actually found it better to use the skill after a burst if you're going in a strong rotation. After fully healing your team and pounding the enemy, lay down the jelly fish to apply hydro and keep healing on field. It also generates energy for her.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

Disclaimer here is that I only use Koko in freeze. There's probably room for her Q in taser or hyperbloom or whatever - I have zero idea. I was specifically talking about the rotation in a Ganyu/Ayaka/Venti/Kokomi team. She doesn't get field time there.

The two teams where I find she really shines are are Mono hydro Yelan/XQ/Kazuha/Kokomi and Kokomi taser Beidou/Fischl/Sucrose/Kokomi, in the first she's the driver, in the second she's the emergency carry when you're getting beaten up by floor 12 or need more time for cooldowns.

Another great combo is Raiden/Kokomi. You can full switch between Raiden burst and Kokomi burst and they both provide their respective element off field.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Geo didn't get to the pool, he's waiting in the kitchen with his swim trunks wondering where everyone is. Mom forgot.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Adams posted:

Don't underestimate Kokomi full hydro teams. Koko + Xingqui + Yelan + anemo. It's surprisingly powerful, I've done easy clears of abyss 12 with that team.

Kokomi also has amazing synergy with dendro jump pads. It might be a preview of how crazy she'll be with a strong dendro support.

100%. Kokomi and Nilou are setting us up with some kick rear end synergy with the dendro archon.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think Nilou's demo is going to give her a workout

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Genshin thread regulars when they encounter 4 lines of dialogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9Ebe_rA8M

Me, but when I already know what they're going to say because THEY JUST SAID IT

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I kinda wish Nilou specialized and scaled off EM, though I know that isn't what they're planning for hydros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We still have Yaoyao floating around.