Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Eimi posted:

If she's on Cyno banner I won't get her. I'm already going to go up to at least one pity for Kokomi, pray I get her or Jean, and then it's Eula and probably Nilou time. :negative:
There's always the chance that Eula runs alongside Cyno!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ah, I guess the banner timings are by time zone, still got 5 hours left on the old ones.
The patch banners are simultaneous worldwide, but the banner changes within a patch are by timezone.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

FractalSandwich posted:

Does rolling a 5-star reset the 4-star pity timer? The in-game description makes it sound like it should, but I've never seen anyone say that explicitly.
No, but it can delay your 4* pity: If you get a 5* at 4* pity 10, your 4* will show up on 11 instead.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Justin_Brett posted:

So did (early Act 3) Traveler and Paimon learn Dottore's rank at some point and I forgot, or did he actually say his fancy subtitles out loud like an rear end in a top hat?

I'm pretending their Akasha terminals did the full name and rank cutscene.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Much like in the archipelago, after you complete the final quest, some characters pop up in the world, so far I've found:

Sucrose - at a stall on the festival grounds
Venti - up on starsnatch cliff
Lisa - on the balcony of the Good Hunter building

Anyone found anyone else?
Rosaria - immediately across the lake looking at the festival.
Razor - on the cliff above the whispering woods fishing point, looking at the Monstadt bridge
Diluc - in the vineyard southwest of his winery, looking pensive

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Clarste posted:

Aetherblight sucks because if you don't have an archer on the team it might as well be loving off to another dimension. In that sense it has the longest invincibility phase of any enemy in the game. On the other hand... you can just kill it before it does that.
Just throw your Harpastum ball at it if you don't have an archer.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You don't want to put that set on Nilou, instead put it on whoever you have triggering the reactions in your Nilou bloom team.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Mailer posted:

Chapter 5: The Assless Man and YaoYao

I think Baizhu is now the only known character left?
Dehya too.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

slicing up eyeballs posted:

That actually is a level thing! You unlock mondstat then liyue then inazuma is last I think
After Inazuma you play cards in Sumeru.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Space Opera posted:

I'm still mad about it, all of the interesting dendro reactions need electro.
All the more reason to run Nilou bloom teams.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Zenostein posted:

The chasm is the first place where you can really see that the people who design the maps you traverse hate the people who draw the map you look at.
And the mappers must have gotten the message, because in Sumaru they just gave up on drawing any of the underground at all.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Xalidur posted:

I'm going to use my guarantee on Yelan, then I'm gonna blow my stack to buff Hu Tao. C1 or Homa?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

dont roll for cons that's stupid hth
don't do weapons either

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Baiard posted:

Since we don't know Baizhu's elemental application or shield duration it's too difficult to tell his value, but on the face of it a dendro shielder could allow you to swap out Kokomi for another hydro. Dropping Nahida doesn't seem like a good idea, so you'd still be running 2 hydro/2 dendro. It's possible Baizhu's shield could be strong enough to take both the damage of Bountiful Blooms (dendro) and enemy damage, but who knows. Ayato or maybe a future Fontaine hydro character would be a good DPS upgrade over Kokomi in that case.
The problem with using a shielder with a Nilou team is that I think you'd lose the extra 100 EM she gives from getting hit by dendro attacks.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

New pro theory crafting strat: the closer the character runs to Yoimiya, the more busted they are.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the dehya complaints in this thread are like 50/50 between meta and playstyle ones
My Dehya complaint is that her story power level doesn't seem to align with her kit. If I were in Sumaru looking for a bodyguard, I'd be better off with the sleepy astronomy student than the Eremite mercenary.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Sanctum posted:

Canonically a Sumeru merchant would hire the tough muscle-woman as a bodyguard because you don't want bandits attacking you. Sleepy student might be better at protecting you in a fight, but hiring that mean-looking eremite mercenary with a big sword means you wont need protection. Bandits wouldn't bother you in the first place. :wave:
Fair enough, I'm sold. Hire Deyha because she looks scary. And on that note they've nailed it, she looks impressive and her kit looks great visually!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You also can't fall off while in the bow aiming mode.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Was that announced on the stream?
Nope, just rumors at this point.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Natlan is full of underground dwarves and the Pyro Archon is a dragon living in a volcano.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

silvergoose posted:

Yeah but thirteen is an unlucky number.
That's why they need the Traveler to join them on their quest!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You meed to have Faruzan C2 to do full team rotations. Pop Faruzan burst first, then use Dehya skill then swap. I was actually able to get a double infusion for his entire skill’s duration with both hydro and pyro. It’s dumb how short his infusions last, and makes them much worse than they could have been.
Wanderer's A1 infusions last the whole duration of his skill though? Just the indicators vanish quickly.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Real Cool Catfish posted:

What the gently caress.

I’ve been playing this for months.
A bunch of these companion gift sets require pieces from remarkable chests (found only on Tsurumi Island and in Sumaru) so I hope you're caught up with exploration!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Scoss posted:

Have there been any leaks about future characters that look OP? How far out are we from the next archon?
Earliest the next archon could appear is 4.0, which should be around the end of August. But Nahida was 3.2 and Raiden was 2.1, so a better bet would be in the October/November timeframe.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I'm using Nahida / Yelan / Nilou / Yaoyao. :shrug:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

bagrada posted:

I left off at adventurer level 10 so I figure anything goes for a while if I keep people leveled but do any of these stand out to avoid or work on? Is it worth going for either of the banner characters? Neither looks exciting though the wind guy was fun to play in his demo.
If you happen to have available wishes, the "wind guy" (Kazuha) on the current banner is top tier.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Endorph posted:

its mostly about grouping/interrupting enemies. kazuha and sucrose are big for it
Also Venti.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Endorph posted:

what do you need to jump for during your burst.
Need to hit jump a bunch to break out of freeze?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Right before Inazuma they did rework swirl and other reactions as well as em scaling, so that mixed things up a bit.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Sanctum posted:

Also do SSDs need to be defragmented like HDDs? I've had the same genshin install since 2021 so maybe after installing hundreds of different patches at different times all the allocated game data is scrambled around and causing longer load times.
No, SSDs don't need to be defragmented. You can run trim by selecting "Optimize" for the drive in "Optimize Drives", but it should be running automatically.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RareAcumen posted:

Fingers crossed on getting a Dehya this time, I've got 134 rolls now, and I'm just waiting to see if the new ice guy is or isn't supposed to be on the standard banner now.
The new ice guy - Wriothesley - is not on standard, they would have told us during today's livestream if he was.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Space Opera posted:

Is there any place that has the upcoming banner leaks collected in one place? SYP seems to have stopped updating their carrd with that info.
https://eatyourprimos.carrd.co/#banners

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

4.2 should have a new section of Fontaine.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Meowywitch posted:

so did we get no codes for this stream?

also is skirk the name of a real character? I cant tell
Skirk is a real character name, but you'd only know that if you'd gone through Childe's friendship lines.

Not sure if we're still in the window, but the codes were posted:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RareAcumen posted:

Oh now there's a thought. I only just crowned Nahida's skill and burst. Maybe a Dragon's Bane and that set is what I'm missing to get 30K damage from hyperbloom finally.
What level is your Raiden? Hyperbloom scales hard from 80 to 90.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

They announce new 4*s, and I think which banner they're on, but the rest of the 4*s remain a surprise.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

ranged Sumeru mat gathering
Fixed. Use her gather camera everywhere!

Also, she can do mindreading in Sumeru.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Yeah, it actually suggests you finish all the way through Furina's story quest (and Raiden's too).

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Note Block posted:

The only way I'd get Gaming is if he comes with a 5* that I still wants cons for, like Yelan or Neuvillette.
At least for Gaming, he should be on the Lantern Rite free Liyue 4* selector, so you won't need to wish for him.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Would this mean some sort of 4* guarantee too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Redmark posted:

I like how Gaming's EN voice actor is obviously a Chinese speaker from his pronunciation. They should have gotten a French guy to say Oratrice Mecanique D'analyse Cardinale tbh.
The Fontaine blacksmith Estelle does say it properly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHO8GnG5I30