Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
McNally gave me the greenlight to :justpost: so here goes:

I'm a goon who was in the Army in the 1990s, and I wrote a book about it. It's on sale on Amazon now in paperback and Kindle formats and is free to read for Kindle Unlimited users.

You can read the free preview that includes the intro, the first chapter and a bit of the second chapter here:

https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B0B6GVG857&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_R0MVMT3KKEKNCPWNGMQG

As you might guess from the title, it's not a completely serious book. I wasn't some kind of badass and I didn't achieve high rank. I just tried to be honest, and it skews heavily towards weird stories and humor.

Ask me about writing it, ask me about publishing on Amazon, tell me why my book sucks, go hog wild! :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
My wife and I are going to be reading this, this weekend.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

My wife and I are going to be reading this, this weekend.

Cool! Let me know what you think. :)

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My paperback should arrive today. Looking forward to checking it out- Even if you are a West Pointer. 😛

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

bulletsponge13 posted:

My paperback should arrive today. Looking forward to checking it out- Even if you are a West Pointer. 😛

At least you should like the chapter about the West Point reject who teamed up with an ex-Marine to become the dumbest bank robber duo imaginable. :haw:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Sean, enjoyed the book. Went ahead and ordered a couple paperbacks so I can give copies to my vet family.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Sean, enjoyed the book. Went ahead and ordered a couple paperbacks so I can give copies to my vet family.

Glad you liked it! :)

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Just finished it. Liked it, too.

The stories of your "peacetime" deployments square with what former enlisted soldiers I've spoken to told me about theirs, "lovely living, lots of work, an atta-boy and a medal at the end of it."

Simple, understandable writing without reliance on military jargon. Like talking to someone, instead of just being told a story. The glossary was appreciated.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

When I first started writing I assumed it would just be read by my immediate friends and family, and almost none of them know anything about the Army. So if they didn't "get" something I went back and rewrote it to try and explain it better.

Also I waited so long after leaving the Army to write it that I think a lot of the dumb Army-speak had naturally worked its way out of my system. I don't think the word "hooah" even appears once lol :911:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 30, 2022

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I don't know why I find this so funny. :sickos:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

sean10mm posted:

I don't know why I find this so funny. :sickos:

You spelled it wrong. It's H.U.A. Head Up rear end.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

You spelled it wrong. It's H.U.A. Head Up rear end.

As a genteel academy prick I'd never use that version.

:wotwot:

(Or I'd add an H to the end so it's Head Up rear end in a top hat.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Are there any coloring pages? Word searches?