Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
This writing is so terrible I'm curious if and how it will get worse as more characters are added to the "random one-liner" carousel.

It's not difficult to have characters comment on current story events. Fire emblem Path of Radiance did it very smoothly with the base conversations and support system. Just having a random assortment of the 40 something boob ladies, idiot men and murder children chiming in every other line is completely intolerable.

You can even have one of your army chime in in the missions where it's relevant, but Dark Deity can't even do that right as helpfully shown in the LP how often a character like Sloan says nothing about weird magic so dark elf history man can have a few lines, etc.

Just a disorganized, unedited mess. Reminds me of my high school fiction writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
We need more Ross and Garcia from Sacred Stones and less whatever this crap is

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Keldulas posted:

I'm not sure why Three Houses slipped my mind in that accounting, considering that it's on balance, probably the best written of the Fire Emblems (even if that's pretty damning with faint praise).

I thought the narrative was excellent in FE4, and I really like the Tellius games too. The latter was actually a fairly thought out duology.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Wow this game sucks rear end. Just so many words splattered out without actually saying anything that moves the plot.

The writers need to retake high school English literature class, like wow. I can't spot any kind of rising or falling action in this narrative once throughout the whole lp. The structure is just a squiggly flat line.

It's that classic nerd world building obsession where the nerds want to be Tolkien but forget that he actually wrote an actual plot for things to happen. Just endless meandering, meaningless bullshit.

I have played GBA Fire Emblem custom romhacks with better writing than Dark Deity. And they charge money to play Dark Deity, unlike said romhacks.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

FoolyCharged posted:

The most damning thing I can say about dark Deity, is that the best thing I can say about dark Deity is that it's better put together than feddop.

I don't think the bar can go lower than feddop. Maybe if you count Crazy Bus for Sega Genesis as a strategy game.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
This is middle school fanfiction levels of writing holy poo poo

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The biggest issues to fix gameplaywise is the awful nonsense weapon system. As well as the complete lack of interesting objectives in every map, and the giant meaningless numbers making everything all lopsided.

Basically the game has to be almost completely different from this one to be any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Oh and also not be a buggy piece of poo poo that only works half the time like this one.