Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slumpy
he downward nod*

in my mind: gently caress. i dont interact with people enough to muscle memory the downard nod toward people whom i dont know well. and they loving know it now. this is like the scene in inglorious basterds where the dude starts counting on his first finger where all nazis (those form germany) know you start counting with your thumb

he knows i dont loving leave my house that much now because of my mistaken upward head movement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
the upward nod is a known power play OP. it says "I've got street cred" or like "I almost stabbed u w/ my chin just now. alpha coming through"

If anything they probably fear u

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Weka

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Where do you live op? an upward nod is like a downward nod in Australia on account of it's upside down.

baka of lathspell

Areola Grande posted:

the upward nod is a known power play OP. it says "I've got street cred" or like "I almost stabbed u w/ my chin just now. alpha coming through"

i agree the upwards nod is a power play much like telling them youre batman

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

wasn't planning on getting into a fight today but here we are

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

fps_nug

horsing around no longer

Areola Grande posted:

kinda real. I grew up like 10-18 around gang members and I only just recently realized the upwards nod is apparently more confrontational

Finger Prince

Upward nod is like saying "sup", downward nod is like acknowledging someone without wanting to commit to "sup".

Heather Papps

hello friend

when i do a downward nod it's out of respect, an upward nod would be like if i saw a guy backflip off a roof into a pool or something - more of admiration

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

baka of lathspell

Heather Papps posted:

when i do a downward nod it's out of respect, an upward nod would be like if i saw a guy backflip off a roof into a pool or something - more of admiration

also youd need to look up anyway cuz he’s jumping off the roof

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

google THIS

I hear that some maniacs nod by moving their head both up and down, sometimes multiple times

Trying

leading a gang of lost souls like a mother duck because I keep up-nodding on accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

A guy moves in with a smile to genuinely shake my hand in greeting, I panic and somehow accidentally flip him the bird right in his face.