Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Never posting new threads or visiting the parent forum and just living in the same handful of threads in your bookmarks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's how forums work but you call it a culture to sound cool

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its not a crews thing, but some megathreads if they're around too long and not regulated by posters/mods eventually a lot of in jokes and posts get taking too far out of control, insular stuff if someone says they posts are weird they get aggressive but that happens more when people obsess over singular things like the tim buckley cad thread, trump thread in cspam or others about singular personalities

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Sandman from ECW posted:

What’s megathread/bookmark culture?

It was a regular complaint in QCS that places like GBS and Video Games used to have a lot of small threads for specific topics or jokes but now everyone posts in massive threads that are hard to find good information within or impossible to follow.

There's pretty regular proposals that megathreads should be either broken up in to smaller topics, limited to 1000 pages, or reformed after a certain amount of time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sandman from ECW posted:

What’s megathread/bookmark culture?

there are posters here among us that do not surf the information superhighway. Nay, they go into their user control panel and just bounce around threads they bookmark. They don't see the 1s and 0s for what they are, they force them into a shape they are comfortable with.

they are not true netizens

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you’d wanna be some loving ubernerd to care about that poo poo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Megathread/Bookmark Culture run amok 😔

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Megathread/Bookmark Culture run amok 😔

they’ve cancelled regular threads… and I think you know the reason why 😔

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you’d wanna be some loving ubernerd to care about that poo poo

abandon the flesh and join the cyberverse, friend

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m personally quite concerned about True Ignore Culture. I find it highly concerning

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I believe in refreshing threads when necessary - having a 200+ page thread is too big a barrier to new posters who won’t even read the OP, Goddammit.

I know people don’t want to put effort into a bimestrial WWE thread, but someone should (not me).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
There should be only one thread for the WWE, lifetime. IMO.

(Scandals as new items should have separate threads, yes)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

just jump to the last page and reply to whatever the most recent post is. posting is so easy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Edward Mass posted:

I believe in refreshing threads when necessary - having a 200+ page thread is too big a barrier to new posters who won’t even read the OP, Goddammit.

I know people don’t want to put effort into a bimestrial WWE thread, but someone should (not me).

I've considered doing a new Puro thread but honestly? That thing is a time machine, dating back to 2008! Looking at it is fun, just look at this update from the first page.

"New Japan was at the Tokyo Dome for the last time (ever?), drawing a half-full house with probably a ton of free ticket giveaways. Main event was Lesnar retaining the IWGP title over Nakamura, meaning that Brock and NJ feel secure in the current legal wranglings. Other results included Shibata over Tanahashi, Chono & Tenzan retaining the tag titles over Omori & Koshinaka, and Albert/A-Train beating Nakanishi. "

Besides, it's not really active enough to desperately need replaced.

Might do a new Women's Wrestling thread though if no one else volunteers, because that one is 7 years old, mentions GLOW & the OP is banned.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 12, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

post hole digger posted:

just jump to the last page and reply to whatever the most recent post is. posting is so easy.

Seriously. People act like you need to read 10 years of a thread to participate, but most posters don't remember the discussion on the last page.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Never ever remake the puro thread

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The only megathread I've read from start to finish is the WCW thread, which was loads of fun, but I don't think they're off-putting as a concept. If anything I think they're super convenient. Happy to have separate WWE threads though, one where you can make jokes and take the piss and one for more serious posting about Vince McMahon et al's multitude of crimes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HulkaMatt posted:

The old puro thread must never be refreshed

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
going to a random page in the puro thread like opening a time capsule or counting the rings on a tree or layers of sediment.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Someday I will read the entire WCW thread from start to finish. I am currently on page....

Yeah, page 40.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
screenshotting a tweet is a pain in the rear end. just post the tweet.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

if we can't post tweets one of the five threads I read(Social Media Thread) would be pointless, what in the goddamn would make you say "don't post tweets" jesus

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Only screenshot Chuck Taylor tweets, and other serial deleters.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I can understand not wanting people to post tweets or at least wanting them to include a screenshot, since they often get deleted, making it difficult to know what people are talking about or taking issue with. There was an unofficial rule in the social media thread at some point that tweets from certain people who were liable to delete their stuff on a regular basis should probably be screenshotted before posting. Alternatively, it might be nice if more people posted a quick summary along with the link if it looked like it might be deleted - doesn't need to be more than a sentence, just something really brief.

I'm not a fan of the bad takes thread because I think it gets people unnecessarily wound up and reduces conversation, because if someone doesn't agree with you on something then you must be just like "the idiot stans on Twitter" or whatever. I realise I'm fighting a losing battle on that one though, most people seem to enjoy it. I just think it would be better if people treated certain tweets like they would any other troll, which is basically what a lot of them are.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Blasmeister posted:

Only screenshot Chuck Taylor tweets, and other serial deleters.

this is the way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

karmicknight posted:

going to a random page in the puro thread like opening a time capsule or counting the rings on a tree or layers of sediment.

It's amazing. From 2018:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Kaito Kiyomiya defeated Takashi Sugiura in NOAH today to become the youngest ever GHC Champion at 21 years old. He's a really amazing talent and the match was incredible and you should watch it once it airs.

:negative:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MJeff posted:

Someday I will read the entire WCW thread from start to finish. I am currently on page....

Yeah, page 40.

I did this and it was a good ride

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm not a fan of the bad takes thread because I think it gets people unnecessarily wound up and reduces conversation, because if someone doesn't agree with you on something then you must be just like "the idiot stans on Twitter" or whatever. I realise I'm fighting a losing battle on that one though, most people seem to enjoy it. I just think it would be better if people treated certain tweets like they would any other troll, which is basically what a lot of them are.

the trick to the bad takes thread is to laugh at the bad takes for being silly, not to feel the need to reply against them or to get wound up by them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
to trick is to get on the AEW is bad grift train make podcasts make youtuber videos tweet at tony kahn that he's a cokehead

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

to trick is to get on the AEW is bad grift train make podcasts make youtuber videos tweet at tony kahn that he's a cokehead

Hmm, it's true that Frank Reynolds said it's better to be a duper than a dupee.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Dude had a certificate to prove he doesn't have donkey brains. How can he be wrong?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

On The Internet posted:

Dude had a certificate to prove he doesn't have donkey brains. How can he be wrong?

I know of one Anglo on here who wouldn’t be able to earn that certificate, and he’s too busy perpetuating bookmark culture to care 😔

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Can we rename the forum The Hammer House in honor of Mark Coleman who is currently fighting for his life after rescuing his parents from their burning home?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

No

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Can we rename the forum The Hammer House in honor of Mark Coleman who is currently fighting for his life after rescuing his parents from their burning home?

ill be seconding this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

headbutt hideaway

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

i agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was hoping to make a push for calling it The Gazebo of Cunts in honor of ZSJ's recent promo about the House of Torture but Hammer House has a better reason behind it