Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
bored meeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you little rat

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
can we all shake hands and have smores now?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yeah im chill. i like you all. which makes all this nonsense crazy for me. not shinjobi though. mario is missing sucked so bad and i bought it in first grade as my present when i broke my arm.1

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
(glass breaks, walks into thread to deliver long rambling promo about the rules and where you can shove them before getting cut off by a commercial break)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
and thats the bottom line

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That DICK! posted:

yeah im chill. i like you all. which makes all this nonsense crazy for me. not shinjobi though. mario is missing sucked so bad and i bought it in first grade as my present when i broke my arm.1

I really liked it as a child because of reasons I've been diagnosed for

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was so excited to play Mario is missing and then it turned into an education game and I got very upset as a child that I wasted my one game rental for the week on that nonsense.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I played it and Mario's Time Machine at a friend's house during a sleepover and it was so crazy to me that there was a game where you played as Luigi and then I made a bunch of pictures on some Crayola game for Windows 95 that were just Luigi and I named them all "Mario is Missing" with ascending numbers. Some of the Luigis were blue because of the one Nintendo Power issue where Mario was blue. Bring back Blue Mario (or "Blario")

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i was the younger brother, i was taller, my favorite color was green while my brothers was red. i just felt like i put all this faith in luigi and he let me down

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

i was the younger brother, i was taller, my favorite color was green while my brothers was red. i just felt like i put all this faith in luigi and he let me down

Luigi has never let anyone down. Have faith brother

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Also a serious post but I appreciate the really good conversation and thought out posts today, I just wanna have fun posting about wrestling and doing jokes and I think there was good stuff about that so thanks. Be excellent to each other :cheers:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you just said he let you down. you just expressed like literally my exact 100% childhood experience of it except i bought it and didnt rent it, i was the youngest of three boys, it was basically the one call i got to make. think on that

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

you just said he let you down. you just expressed like literally my exact 100% childhood experience of it except i bought it and didnt rent it, i was the youngest of three boys, it was basically the one call i got to make. think on that

Number one Nintendo didn't make the game so it doesn't count. Number two even if they did Luigi didn't let anyone down the game makers let Luigi down

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you insufferable ingrate, im in first grade, i love luigi, im the taller little brother who loves the color green, i go into the video game store and theres a game with luigi on the box , this game is called MARIO IS MISSING, implying not only that luigi will be taking center stage but that he will be doing so in a series of mario brothers esque capers. not only does this not end up being the case but as youve said its education and sucks mega rear end and is encarta bullshit. but you say 1st grade me should have said "Luigi didn't let me down - I should have faith - Nintendo didn't make this game it was a third party publisher." which is really a microcosm of the difficulties i have talking with all of you

edit: I broke my loving arm and it was the one game i got to pick

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

*avgn voice* WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I really liked it as a child because of reasons I've been diagnosed for

lol

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Is there a PSP Discord (or an equivalent, idk what there is)? I'm not a big user but I thought it might make a bit familiar with folks if so.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

It sounds like we got beef, Dicky. I guess I'll just have to see you in the ring, where we can settle this like men.

you wanna be punk or mjf in this situation?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i respect and like you so much that im ignoring your beef and just totally shrugging off your bad vibes because i cant possibly feud you until the stakes are at their absolute max, with title gold on the line. so it really hurts me to do this but im telling my True Ignore app that you are persona non grata, and i encourage you to get some distance

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48SSkG9Fl9U

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That DICK! posted:

you insufferable ingrate, im in first grade, i love luigi, im the taller little brother who loves the color green, i go into the video game store and theres a game with luigi on the box , this game is called MARIO IS MISSING, implying not only that luigi will be taking center stage but that he will be doing so in a series of mario brothers esque capers. not only does this not end up being the case but as youve said its education and sucks mega rear end and is encarta bullshit. but you say 1st grade me should have said "Luigi didn't let me down - I should have faith - Nintendo didn't make this game it was a third party publisher." which is really a microcosm of the difficulties i have talking with all of you

edit: I broke my loving arm and it was the one game i got to pick

tale as old as time

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I never found Mario bc that game was boring as hell.

Where was he?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

I never found Mario bc that game was boring as hell.

Where was he?

I'm a better game

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Shard posted:

I'm a better game

Paul!?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

No way. I'm still happily married 👆🤠

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
I'm pretty sure I rented MARIO IS MISSING at least 3 times as a child, mostly because 7 year old me could not comprehend how a game using Super Mario World assets could be so bad. I figured if I got far enough in it would eventually become good.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I thought the same thing for Superman 64. I was like there is no way a game where you get to be Superman could be bad!

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Superman 64 was the first time I went on the internet to check what other people thought about a game because I wasn't sure a game could possibly be that bad.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Most Power Alex posted:

Superman 64 was the first time I went on the internet to check what other people thought about a game because I wasn't sure a game could possibly be that bad.

So I read the reviews for it and was like there is no way it's that bad. I had birthday money so I bought the game and I didn't really get to do that often as a kid. I think it was the first purchase I ever regretted

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I distinctly remember as a child almost buying Superman 64 but instead buying Harvest Moon 64 instead because I had used to rent the SNES version a lot

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Shard posted:

So I read the reviews for it and was like there is no way it's that bad. I had birthday money so I bought the game and I didn't really get to do that often as a kid. I think it was the first purchase I ever regretted

Ouch, I only rented that garbage. I definitely have some birthday money purchased games that could have been spent better as a kid but nothing that bad. Krusty's Super Fun House is probably my worst purchase but it's still a game that is playable.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

My favorite Superman 64 memory is how the UK magazine N64 (later NGC) had a truly incredible running gag for months where they'd have an impossible-to-solve puzzle hosted by Lex Luthor called "SOLVE MY MAZE", a line I still quote.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm glad I was too young for those Mario edutainment games because I grew up with the Windows 95 Carmen Sandiego games and those were great.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know what is it was for but I remember beating a Carmen Santiago game when I was very young and it was purple. Probably dos

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I only experienced Carmen Santiago from the show and the CYOA books.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The chief was such a boss

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I was a kid, so when I saw "sex" on the criminal dossiers I thought it was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Shard posted:

The chief was such a boss

She was the best