Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Having a mod who is around to hand out probably before things get out of hand would be nice. But as that's already being considered, I dunno, I'd have said things are fine most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Actually, another place where I think having more mods or IKs will help is that threads are free so I really do think people would be comfortable making something like a "serious posts only thread" and expect that to be enforced within reason. I think being able to do that will solve some of the problems where mega threads are trying to be for everyone. It just requires someone reading those threads with some buttons.

Even as someone who (mostly) leans towards the "taking wrestling too drat seriously" side of things, I'm not sure I'd really be willing to go as far as to post a "No Fun Allowed Zone" thread.

Honestly, the community of wrestling watchers on SA is so small at this point that while something akin to the Enclosed Pool Area but permanent would be nice, it'd be a lot less fun for everyone if you had half the posters to interact with. Like, there's only so many of us, we can probably learn to live with each others "foibles", be that being a mark & taking wrestling too seriously or indulging in some casual shitposting (& I'm not knocking shitposting, it's fun)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

her gimmick is that she's a failure OP, criticising her is part of the fun

Are you trying to tell me that isn't also Pom's gimmick?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Hausu Usher posted:

A couple weeks ago this person who doesn't normally post in wrestling threads popped in to talk poo poo and the thread treated them like a brony sitting down for a pop tart in Satriale's.

Click the post number and it should take you to the thread and the responses they got. It was like immediate shutdown and exclusion and examples of where a mod could have came in and encouraged people to either discuss or ignore. I try and only post in the game day thread's because the clique is just not fun to post in amongst - very hive mind, which must be fun for them but if the forum is supposed to be for more than that then surely a balance can be struck?

When I watched AEW regularly I would post in the threads with my opinions on what I watched & I was often less positive on stuff than the thread consensus (for lack of a better term, I don't really think there's a hive mind so much as just like-minded people sharing their passion for something) & nobody ever got unfairly hostile to me. There's a way of talking about something that other people are passionate about where you disagree without saying "wow, why do you like this thing when it is clearly bad?" Because that doesn't suggest actually wanting a discussion, that's being on the wind-up.

At the bare minimum, if you come into a thread acting hostile you can't be shocked when people are hostile back, such is the internet. Either deal with the consequences of your actions & take it on the chin, de-escalate, or just maybe think about how to ask your question a little harder so it doesn't come off like you're a wind-up merchant?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

last page and a half a good thread example of why we need a more active moderation imo

Oh no it isn't

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

stab posted:

New rule: anyone saying PPV instead of Pape gets a sixer

Sorry, I only recognise the term Premium Live Event

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lid posted:

Everyone should be required to have gangtags of Team Elite or Team Punk or Team Moxley and it should be like rock paper scissors

there is no Team Hangman because he is mushrooms.

Sorry, my only team is Astronauts

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

I need this but for TJPW :(

There's a TJPW show tomorrow. 4:30am start. Most TJPW shows have an awful start time for those of us in Europe

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Like, what is this subforum's obsession with Trev? He's got some stupid weird ban in place where he's not actually banned and hangs over the place like a ghost. Just ban him properly and move on. If somebody posts his tweets in the bad takes thread, who cares? That's what it's there for. If you're gonna probe people for posting Rovert tweets than you may as well do the same for whenever Dave or SRS vague post in their tweets.

The difference with Dave, Sapp & rovert is that Dave & SRS aren't banned from posting in this sub-forum & rovert is.

If people absolutely must post his tweets keep them to the Cornette quarantine zone or at a push the Chris Regal Memorial Thread. Because I realise asking goons to exercise self-control is folly

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Shard posted:

I was marinating on this since the other day it happened to me. SA shouldn't allow posters to be harassed and someone can change their avatar to something terrible just because they don't like them. If we can't outright remove the ability for other users to buy someone an avatar, then we should at least make it publicly known who bought the avatar and if they bought it to harass someone it should be punishable.

How is changing your avatar harassment? It's an inconvenience, & for example I have a dog for an avatar when I am not a dog person, but :shrug: If it bothers you enough you can replace it, if it doesn't then you can live with it as a permanent memorial that you got someone else really mad over a silly internet argument. I had some dumb avatar "gifted" to me for a while before the dog was gifted to me by someone who was clearly sicker of looking at it than me, I don't even remember what it was though, a fat bloke dressed as a mermaid or something?

I'd kind of like to know who I made mad enough to waste money on but Red Text calling someone a dumb poo poo for example is part of the DNA of the site. In the same way that some people have the premature baldness gene & that's encoded in their DNA

Also I think this is more of a topic for QCS than the PSP feedback thread, because it's a sitewide issue.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

I’m thinking maybe Dynamite could use

Light the fuse
Bring the boom
Dynamite!

And there’d be pictures of Jericho, Omega and/or Mox to go along with it. Maybe holding sticks of dynamite or something. If this idea sucks please don’t get mad.

Who encourages the strongest derangement syndrome among posters. CM Punk, Britt Baker & Sammy Guevara? Put them on it instead of the top stars

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Critical posted:

Edit: The C word is considered a slur via forum rules and is only allowed in certain threads where it being verboten would cause people's brains to collapse, ie the UK and Aussie threads.

Good evening

US cultural imperialism wins the day again, destroying my culture of using the c-word as punctuation to the point where it has lost any & all meaning

(I'm joking, obviously, I don't think I even really use it much in my posts unless I'm talking about politics, which obviously doesn't happen so much in this sub-forum.)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

It's not just in the AEW thread. The general WWE and Bad Take threads are filled with posters jumping on each other. If somebody mentions that they once enjoyed an Undertaker match, we're treated to a barrage of people falling over themselves to explain that Undertaker is a Blue Lives boomer idiot and you're wrong for ever liking him. It makes some tedious reading and kills any other line of discussion.

It really doesn't feel like it happens that often in the WWE thread. Which I only read because it is an order of magnitude less busy that the AEW thread.

It's been true in the past for sure and it isn't free from this on occasion but definitely isn't "filled" or "a barrage" or anything like that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

I've heard it said that a sixer is nothing...multiple times in here

It is. It's a fraction of a day.

Obviously it's a stupid probe but if you give someone the buttons & tell them to do what they want then you're going to get stupid probations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Anyone who reads weepy wangman posts as sincerely hating on the hanger is wildly misreading the tone like 80% of the time

Maybe even 90% of the time

It's more that it's just the lowest effort white noise running joke. It's not that offensive, it's just so far removed from the context of where the name came from as to sound weird and dumb if you weren't there for the origins.

Also, the thing where Goons seem to think it is somehow impressive to not use their ignore list and just repeatedly get into the dumbest slap fights is incredibly dumb. If you don't have the self-control to not rise to obvious bait then for the love of God ignore the posters who aggravate you. If not for yourself then for the sake of everyone else.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NienNunb posted:

is there an actionable resolution we’re seeking here or does it boil down to “stop making posts I don’t like reading”?

It's this and "use your ignore button ffs"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lethrom posted:

The fat jokes suck and its a bummer to read them :shrug:

The Puroresu thread contains no fat jokes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Power Windows posted:

You post about Suwama all the time!

:drat:

Harsh but fair assessment of Voodoo Murders Suwama. He's a face now though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's sad that someone is so mad they would spend money to remove timothy dalton from my account. i would never be so mad that i'd do tjhat.

Maybe he's just worried you're advertising cigarettes, which is illegal in many countries. So it was actually from a place of love and not from a place of being a butt?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Important reminder that while mods may be mods, they are still Goons at their heart.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This forum is worth more than the entrance fee of :10bux:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Imagine being a Cody fan

No thank you, some things should stay beyond the pale

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

We're also opening the ePa Wrestling club, everyone's welcome to join

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046578

Two things going on in this one, a week-by-week watch of Nitro and a monthly PPV assignment to discuss. This month's is WM 30

This is cool

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NienNunb posted:

“Wrestling posters posting about movies” rivals maybe only “politics posters posting about movies” in direness.

As a wrestling and politics poster, let me tell you about how the last movie I watched was Sorry To Bother You

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

The true freaks, people from Australia who want to watch live wrestling in our timezone

Disgusting, only watch wrestling from 8 or 9 timezones away

I think that there's no rationing of threads so if people want a "positive vibes only" then that's fine, so long as the people using it don't just use it to moan about other people posting negatively in other threads. Because that's not positive vibes, so follow your own rules.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

all hate threads turn toxic without exception

The Devil angle is resolved and the thread is already barely able to handle the Jericho misconduct allegations seriously

The last time I checked the regular AEW thread (admittedly before PPV) it wasn't exactly handling the Jericho allegations with grace

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The AEW Hell Thread is a combination place for AEW Is Totally Dying Bits and a place to air legitimate grievances and complain about stuff that sucks and sometimes just vent a bit. It's a rules-lite shitpost thread, but it shouldn't be carte blanche to sling insults at each other. Talk poo poo about the product, not each other. The latest few posts are pretty snippy and I'll keep an eye on it. Admittedly I'm in-and-out because it's new year's eve and I have a party to go to.

Wow, look at this goon humble bragging about having a social life. BOOOOOO

(I'd rather be watching AJPW than partying anyway)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 31, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Just merge the TNA, WWE & AEW threads into one big "Bad TV Wrestling" thread imo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

wtf is a parasitic post

A post so good it buries into your head and eats your brain and takes over control of your body

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

I believe in refreshing threads when necessary - having a 200+ page thread is too big a barrier to new posters who won’t even read the OP, Goddammit.

I know people don’t want to put effort into a bimestrial WWE thread, but someone should (not me).

I've considered doing a new Puro thread but honestly? That thing is a time machine, dating back to 2008! Looking at it is fun, just look at this update from the first page.

"New Japan was at the Tokyo Dome for the last time (ever?), drawing a half-full house with probably a ton of free ticket giveaways. Main event was Lesnar retaining the IWGP title over Nakamura, meaning that Brock and NJ feel secure in the current legal wranglings. Other results included Shibata over Tanahashi, Chono & Tenzan retaining the tag titles over Omori & Koshinaka, and Albert/A-Train beating Nakanishi. "

Besides, it's not really active enough to desperately need replaced.

Might do a new Women's Wrestling thread though if no one else volunteers, because that one is 7 years old, mentions GLOW & the OP is banned.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 12, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

I would like to propose a text filter to make sure we correctly address Matthew Jackson, Nicholas Jackson, and The Rainmaker Kazuchika Okada by the names listed on their Passports

Max & Jeremy Buck and Okato?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That DICK! posted:

i dont think the latest style of troll is going anywhere. consider myself very trolly and i love trolls but its just boring. compare it to emf who has put some real effort and panache into crappy boring takes, its like what are we doing here?

Yeah, QOP has been around too long to expect his boring trolling to go away

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

Is it purely a matter of language? Would you prefer "the assault company" or "the abuse company"?

I think boiling it down to 3 words suggests you're using the topic for point scoring rather than taking it seriously. Which I don't think you are but it gives that impression. Like MRT said, it's far too flippant for a horrifically serious issue.

Yes, people should feel bad for investing time on a company that has overseen decades of absolutely horrifying behaviour, both from talent & management.

If the forum isn't going to just ban all discussion of the WWE, & I doubt there's much actual desire for that, then I'm not sure there's really anything to be gained from repeating a very reductive version in a very glib fashion. Everyone here knows about the accusations, the stories, the vile behaviour that's gone on there going all the way back to the Ring Boy Scandal if not even before. If people want to still ignore that in order to watch a bad version of professional wrestling then that's between them & their conscience.

For the record, I'm totally fine with this just becoming a WWE free zone but :shrug:

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 12, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Wouldn't that need to be a blanket ban on all TKO holdings threads?

No?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

That doesn't matter. Many of you are validly pointing out that watching a stream of Raw on Hulu generates some amount of money that goes to TKO Holdings and may end up in Vince's pocket. This also applies to archive footage of the territories or WCW found on social media or Peacock and PPVs of UFC matches.

Because people aren't as far as I can see arguing that WWE should be just removed from this forum because of moral reasons but because there's 3 people here who actually watch it & the threads thus inevitably get filled up with posts with people who don't like it for a myriad of reasons, so it's just easier binning it. If the MMA threads were full of an order of magnitude of people more griping about the company than wanting to enjoy it then fine, but MMA fans have long since had to come to terms with the fact that their sport is full of absolutely rotten people.

Of course the irony is someone even created a WWE Mecca thread for people who can't handle criticism about their chosen wrestling viewing experience & nobody bothered to use it so it's now on the 3rd page of the forum.

And let me tell you about wrestling that you can watch on the internet without using a service that might pump up the next WWE media deal. It's called :filez: & it's honestly the best way to watch old wrestling anyway because it means there's not lovely overdubs of theme music because WWE didn't want to license Enter Sandman or Natural Born Killaz or what have you

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There was definitely a wrestling thread in CSPAM. I'm sure it's buried under 300 pages of people posting TURMP but it's somewhere.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

I remember when I had something spoiled in a completely unrelated thread a few years back and I flipped out and called someone a dick (the darkness in my heart was immense that day)

In the ensuing conversation, it turned out no one, apparently, cares about spoilers. Sure a grace period for 24 hours or something might be nice but people just won't care, they treat wrestling spoilers like sports results and just freely give them away. That's just the established etiquette on that. At this point, If I really care about not getting something spoiled, I just don't go to the internet for a while. So that dark part of me, that calls people dicks can slumber forevermore.

Yeah, I mean, as someone who lives in a timezone where maybe US stuff isn't so easy for me to watch live, because staying up until 4am is hard now I'm old, I'd appreciate if people would maybe not just casually spoil poo poo, but it's a lost battle.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Different topic to the tedious spoiler chat:

Can we remove the sticky on the "So You Want to Get Into All Elite Wrestling: AEW Primer Spring 2024 Edition" thread?

It's incredibly inactive and given the company's waning popularity, there's presumably not much need for it.

It's not meant to active, it's meant to be an easy to find primer.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

On The Internet posted:

Making a list of things PSP is incapable of:
Using spoiler tags
Managing a Target

What else should be on here?

Watching good wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

They can Google it if they care so much. I hate seeing stickies!!!

So close your eyes then