Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

Genuine question:

What's the point of the Ignore User feature when all of their lovely posts show up in other people's quotes anyway?

I know the answer is always "just ignore them." The forums don't actually have a working ignore mechanism.

There's an extension (TamperMonkey) with a true ignore user script for SA that works really well and was easy to add to my Chrome browser. Completely hides ignored user posts, including in non-ignored user quotes of them

My hope is one day the workaround won't be needed, like how there was a similar workaround for a dark mode version of the site for years until a bit ago when we finally got a dark mode feature setting for the site proper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

This, but if Cody loses emf gets permabanned

It’s time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

I've tried to keep quiet about this, but hey, over the past 10 months, there's been a lot of super cutesy posts about "wouldn't it be funny if CM Punk immediately injured himself again, I'm technically not wishing injury on him, I'm just CONSTANTLY talking about how funny it would be and how much I would personally enjoy it if he suffered a long-term injury immediately upon returning to the ring".

Can we like, knock it the gently caress off, maybe? If we did this about any other wrestler, it would correctly be called out as the hosed up thing it is. If somebody said "oh man, wonder if Hangman Page is gonna concuss himself again on his first bump!" or "oh man, I sure would love it if Kris Statlander is gonna blow out her knee again five seconds into her first title defense!", it would be regarded as a very hosed up thing to say. And yes, I know, you think this is a disingenuous analogy and these examples are appreciably different because you like those wrestlers, but you don't like CM Punk. Congratulations on liking one wrestler and not liking another one.

The dude came back. He wrestled a match. He didn't dive off anything. He didn't get injured. You had your fun. Can we just stop?

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My default is to assume all new accounts are re-regs of either perma’d or merely-probated-but-still-wanna-post accounts. Example: the two new permas in the last 12 hrs in the Leper’s Colony

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I also like and advocate for Shard's suggestion in a prior thread of not being afraid to use the Ignore button. It's there for a (good) reason. If you feel it's not extremely effective, I'd also recommend use of the True Ignore extension if you're not on mobile

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

no

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

absolutely

if someone wants to make a only positive stuff about wwe thread I'll gladly not post in it nor ruin anyone's fun because I'll respect what they're going for with that particular thread but turning any promotions general discussion thread into a good vibes only thread is weird because there's definitely a difference

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

You can't hold me liking barqs against me. I'm a new Orleans boy

They're alright but I prefer Mug or A&W

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

We need to ban the Clint Eastwood slandering posters. Not a shitpost.

:agreed:, his directing had a slump but bounced back recently

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Call it Punchsport Pagoda

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

it is a good thread. It doesn't need to be shut down

I agree with Shard

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

QoP has been a great not-IK OP of the thread in terms of keeping everyone on track there and I want to acknowledge the great work he's done. ok now I'll move on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yea ok posted:

Next time random ppl who never post here or are on obvious alts decide to show up to defend the people/company involved in one of the most stomach churning disgusting things I’ve ever read about, can we just get rid of them instead of closing the thread during one of the biggest stories in said company’s history?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

ill be seconding this

nth

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

Quick tutorial for people: windows key+shift+s on windows.

Modern image hosting is a pain in the rear end, whether on desktop (Photobucket in general wants everyone paying minimum $5month/$50yr to view images let alone post them) or mobile (Imgur app broken, SA app broken); meanwhile Twitter has always embedded for me as long as it's in the twitter.com format, and it takes way less effort and time to change your url from x to twitter after a plain copy-paste (and type a summary if needed too, that's always a good thing in general) than to figure out what image-hoster works at the moment and isn't currently on a subscription-service-only plan and is supported on this site

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The whole spoiler topic was started this time specifically because it happened in the AEW thread; since AEW the company has a) posted about it on twitter and b) shown the literal result physically happening on its own programming, it should be fair game there now, if it wasn’t already when only a) applied, and hate should be directed to AEW, not the posters

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

gas the wwe general thread and ban anyone who makes a new one

TheSwizzler posted:

(don’t free Shard)

:agreed: with both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted: