Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
This is the best place to post about wrestling. It's not perfect, but what is? I guess I wish people would chill out more about certain topics.

My main problem with it is that I often feel like I can't post in the discussion threads because life was too busy and I couldn't watch Dynamite yet. This is no one's fault but my boss'.

I no longer work from home and my performance metrics got worse ever since I stopped being able to shitpost during work. This is not even a joke, it's actually true.

There's criticisms about the moderation here, and yea, I agree. You don't need a whole day where a sixer is more than enough and also actually be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

i nominate Fucker for a trial ik

Man, whatever happened to that Stone Cold 64 guy who mysteriously disappeared? I wish he still posted here. He was god's favorite IK.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

neoaxd posted:

Also, I would Iike to be paid for my posts

Hell, same. The lack of compensation is the real reason I don't post that much anymore.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

What good is my posting if I can't convert it into liquid assets?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

he still lurks....within..

E:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

To get real for a minute, one thing I severely disagree with is anyone saying particular jokes or styles of joke/troll posting are “played out” or acting as if moderation of these things are in any way necessary. Just because you don’t find posting C*dy hilarious , or saying we have to look at a wrestler’s Twitter likes funny, doesn’t mean others do not enjoy these posts. I for one love them. I love the jokes and good natured trolls here. I love getting told I’m a big idiot if I post a bad opinion. If you see a joke post and don’t find it funny, unless it’s something malicious about someone then who cares? Life is bad enough for people, there’s no need to claim that certain jokey post styles are “exhausting” when seeing the words C*dy Rh*d*s may bring joy to the likes of *MF or others.

I love posting about how Rampage numbers are in the mud, even though I like to watch the show. It harms precisely nobody and wasting a mod or IKs time on it sounds bizarre to me when the real issues here are minor slap fights that could be easily resolved by a mod or IK saying “hey chill”

As the famous yeah okay said, it’s a forum about wrestling (don’t care about the UFC threads) a made up thing designed to entertain us and make us hoot and holler. The tolerance for posting utter nonsense should be extremely high imo.

#MyThoughtsForToday

Love most people here!!!

Yeah, that.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 28, 2022

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Orange Carlisle posted:

as a side note I also wasn't meaning I wanted anyone currently a mod de-modded.

As someone who brought up the moderation, I also wanna clarify this. I think a couple more IKs for the big mega threads for each fed would be the way to go. Having someone in touch with their own little sub-community could go a long way. I don't know about MMA but just in wrestling alone there's a huge number of companies you can watch and in many cases the AEW fan might not have any idea what's going on in TJPW and how people in that their threads interact. Maybe the mythical hardcore wrestling fan who watches all wrestling exists but they are probably not here, so it's better to look for good candidates in each niche.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Thanlis posted:

Oh, and you need someone experienced enough to appreciate Cavauro.

Yeah.
Hell, make him mod.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

ItohRespectArmy posted:

same but the womens wrestling thread and raku, pom and haruna neko

I look at your username and I look at your list of names and I notice something important missing.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Brut posted:

Oh not the lists of names again

Relax, not THAT kinda list.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Anyone got select?
Wanna know more.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

All posters get a sixer button that only works on the mods so we can do ref bumps

And all the posts made in those six hours are invisible to the mods/refs so chaos can reign.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

Be excellent to each other and accepting of difference.

Big hell yea to that, brudda

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If I was a Mod everyone itt would be forced to work this out by GOING ONE ON ONE WITH THE UNDERTAKER!

I could take him.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

Well I think Critical's doing a terrible job.

We need at least 300% more cat pics :colbert:

be the change you want to see in the world

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

I have no cat, this is why I need pics!

This is Paul, he was living in the train station in the town I grew up in. This pic is over 10 years old.

rip ya little goblin

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

PSP currently has no rules.

Maybe make good rules. Keep the good ones throw out the bad ones. The no hornyposting one was good. I liked that one.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I call it Pee Pee Weeeeee

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

neoaxd posted:

We need a background image. I'm tired of this gray crap.

this should be it

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Yes. The feedback thread should either remain open or be consolidated with the rules thread. The alternative is QCS and no one wants things to escalate far enough for a QCS thread.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

flatluigi posted:

i think the thread didn't realize that the joke was coming from the same person who got bopped in the previous thread b/c as a Fellow Queer Person i didn't read it as a biphobic joke but instead a joke about misreading 'bisexual' as meaning 'only ever having had two relationships,' which would be an absolutely fine joke if that was the actual intent

That's how I took it too. And thought it was funny.
Not even 100% positive that's the post that's being referred to here because I really wish people stopped vagueposting.
No idea who that poster was or what they said last week though.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 17, 2022

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

flatluigi posted:

last week they made a lovely post about how kenny should officially come out as bi, which they did get probated for (rightfully, because nobody should ever get pressured to come out)

Yep, that sucks.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

E: Wrong thread

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

I just think it’s also funny that the first big act of ‘more moderation’ is one most people didn’t like at all.

It's not so much that people asked for more moderation but more moderator presence and we got that. Much more using their voice than pressing buttons. it's pretty all right imo.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I'd rather have people post those tweets than say something like "I heard" or "x said" followed by the contents of the tweet warped through their own speculation.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Maybe a thread like this would actually be a great idea.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's basically the sleaze thread again.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Yeah but only half of it will be funny lies instead of all of it

Truth is often stranger than fiction so it'll be impossible to tell.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Critical posted:

Might be missing something but I feel like a dedicated news thread becomes kind of useless unless you ban news posts from the proper discussion threads, at which point you would just be linking back to the news thread anyway and then discussing the quoted post when it could have just been directly posted in the first place. Anyone know how the old ones worked?
Not sure how it was in the old days but I don't see a problem with having a thread that just aggregates all the wrestling news for all the promotions and the business as a whole and additionally have promotion specific news show up in the discussion threads. It'll probably just naturally shift to the news thread after a bit if it catches on but even if news are still posted in the other threads it's not going to hurt anybody. Hell, some people will probably get their scoops from the news thread and repost them in the other relevant places.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

“AEW star had their dick twisted all the way off in a backstage altercation, more information for Fightful Select subscribers later”

Woah, who was it?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This was a tremendously dumbass post but did it really warrant a probe like 18 hours later after one of the actually active mods had already probed the same poster like 2-3 posts later for another equally dumbass post in the same thread?
I don't even disagree that it wasn't necessary but those are two sixers 17 hours apart so I'm pretty sure they slept through one of them anyway.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

A subforum with like 5 active threads in it would be incredibly dumb

Event live thread
Weekly thread
That one AEW business chat thread
Talk about CM Punk thread
Probably a women’s division thread for the same reason as the CM Punk thread

you forget the wardlow thread

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

We could reboot the Temple of Jade Cargill Worship

hell yeah

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

MJeff posted:

I would greatly appreciate a CM Punk containment thread that I could never, ever, ever, ever, ever look at or post in.

Also what the gently caress did my ratings thread do to deserve getting grouped with Cornette chat? I just about gasped out loud when I read that.

Yeah, I don't want to ever read about ratings or number-chan or whatever it is but that was really uncalled for.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

just quoting this for anyone who can't see it

I have the escape goat on ignore, so thanks for making this visible for me.

I don't really have anyone on ignore, don't worry escape goat, you did not upset me in the past. Personally when I think I'm about to see a post I don't like I just scroll past it and when I do read a post I don't like I just move on, it's not that hard really, but sometimes conversations full with those can be a bit annoying. No ignore list is gonna fix this. At that point I just bow out and wait for a bit and then jump to the most recent page. I'm not locked in here with the other posters, after all. My system might require some decision making but it's pretty good, I think.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's funnier this way.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Brut posted:

Ya'll stop fighting in here.

We're not fighting!!!!
We're discussing.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Being Mr. Stink is nothing to be ashamed of.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Adam Page is not afraid to show his emotions. And neither is mox. They both love to cry in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Could we get the dont post bigots rule in the OP of the Chris Regal thread? I don’t know how well it’ll deter the occasional hate parade but it might help a little bit.

I think there was already a rule like this in place? Not sure if anyone actually added it to the op.

Specifically, it was a rule for bad takes having to be funny in some way which immediately rules out purely bigoted poo poo. Most people forgot about that rather quickly and posted boring bad takes again within minutes.