Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I humbly suggest that people start getting sixers for posts like the following:

quote:

thought I'd pop my head in to see what's going on after yet another very good PPV, lol

never change, AEW thread

quote:

Some of us must’ve watched different matches because I don’t think OC or Jay White looked like geeks at all and I see some goons saying that.

quote:

Been liking this show so far (outside of Shida losing but it was inevitable), I must be watching a completely different ppv from some in this thread

quote:

people in this thread are on one tonight lol. show's been quite good

quote:

this rules I don't get this thread at all

The mods have already been clear in asking folks to engage with one another as opposed to making generalizations about groups/boards/threads as a whole. If possible, I'd like to officially make it a rule that those who want to complain about posting have to actually point out the specific post(s) they have issues with. Vague sniping like the above adds nothing to the conversation and just makes discussions unpleasant and repetitive. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Cavauro posted:

every time someone criticizes aew, the responses to it are uncomfortable. i've seen very awkward attempts to either soothe or bargain with the person, like telling them that wrestling is for everyone so ?????. and i've seen refusals of the opinion like "i don't know what's wrong with you" or "we watched a different thing" which i would much rather be called a freak 100 times than see that arrogant glasses resting on chin stuff. if you can't talk about the match or story itself and want to make it about the people talking about the match, just don't respond.

This cuts to the heart of what's frustrating me, individuals who can't express their opinion without trivializing/mocking/dismissing those who feel differently. I don't think I'm being "called out" when someone vagueposts about having Correct Taste, all I feel is annoyed by those who bloat threads with remarks that amount to nothing more than "well I liked it so everyone who disagreed is wrong".

Those who take the "wrestling is for everyone" approach don't bother me as much, because at least in that case the intention behind the sentiment is clearly good. Just the same, posts in that vein can come off as condescending, as though as an adult I need to be reminded that Some People Are Different And That's Okay. I don't give a gently caress if people like the same kind of wrestling I do, I just want them to talk about whatever they do like without turning everything into a pissing contest.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ivypls posted:

legitimately there are problems with aew and not all the booking is good or makes sense, and i have no qualms about people saying so. i just thought it was odd people were saying stuff like it was the worst show they've done like an hour and a half into it. i totally get that things are at a weird nadir though, and i'll try not to be as flippant in the future.

Thanks for your thoughtful response, I appreciate you speaking up to add that context. The remarks I chose weren't meant to denigrate the entire histories of the posters they belonged to, so I apologize for making it seem as though that was the case.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
seconded

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

fez_machine posted:

Now that's settled, I want to complain about the tie culture currently going on in The Greatest Match Since 2019 thread

Twice in a row now a Shingo Takgai match has tied up with another match and no new matches can be voted on until a winner is decided.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053086&pagenumber=6#post538324034

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
motion to ban "do better" and all variants from PSP (nka THH: SSZ)