Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

Do you have any examples of this?

It 100% exists often in combination with Emi Sakura/Joshi derangement syndrome where people post really wild takes about why Tony Khan is elevating Britt who buries the division and sucks in ring, doesn't put Emi on tv, hates the Joshi wrestlers on the roster, hates women's wrestling etc etc etc. There's some real vicious poo poo out there about Britt that far outweighs whatever she's done on AEW programming.

It's maybe more of a genre of post on twitter and reddtt than here but it exists and occasionally leaks into the forums.

Here's a good sampling:
https://twitter.com/search?q=britt%20khan&src=typed_query

Edit for a note on current forum dynamics:
As a serious posting warrior (check out my rap sheet), my feeling is that most of the forum has mellowed out and become more reasonable on both sides of the divide since the list incident. Mostly everyone's coexisting pretty reasonably and not trying to make everything one thing or another.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Goldmine this thread already
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4011537

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

neoaxd posted:

We need a background image. I'm tired of this gray crap.

turn on dark mode

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

More moderation

No not like that

Yes, people don't like it when someone barges in to agitate about the tamest play on words you could do for the term "bi-sexual" while ignoring a far worse joke.

More moderation doesn't mean let comedy be stripped from the forum over "implications"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m on team “it was a funny joke” fwiw, I just think it’s also funny that the first big act of ‘more moderation’ is one most people didn’t like at all.

There's been increased mod intervention generally outside this thread that's been received well and this was hardly the biggest.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Mekchu posted:

Jesus wept, you're acting like this is a nefarious scheme by people trying to "ruin" the subforum.

No? You were off-base on calling out that particular joke even if the person posting it and the surrounding discussion sucked.

If anyone's using heightened rhetoric in this discussion it's you.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

flatluigi posted:

please don't spin this into 'you're the REAL problem for calling it out' because that's worse than anything else posted on this subject in this thread

I don't think they're the real problem, the real problem is indeed the poster they were complaining about.

Mekchu does use heightened rhetoric and shoots from the hip though and the wrong post caught a stray which undermined their point.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This is why I don't like implications analysis, nowhere have I said there was a "real" problem, a conspiracy, or people trying to ruin anything.

People making up a guy and putting words in their mouth.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Finally a place to post twitter links about Gatoh Move/ChocoPro news

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 24, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'll plug my dead effort post thread Wrestling Guides Thread: Effort Post Your Faves, if people really want a place to do long form stuff but don't know where to put it.

Eventually, I'll write my posts on Colt Cabana's 2019 in NJPW, a weird run that was ended very abruptly by the pandemic but left us with the indelible image of him awkwardly standing with the major NJPW faces as NJPW said good bye to Tiger Hattori.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
finally a chocopro watcher in power

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This forum on the whole apart from the weepy wangman stuff (which is annoying but mostly a kind of joke, I think?) is a 1000 percent more positive about wrestling and wrestlers than most other venues.

You rarely see the seething hatred or open loathing for wrestlers at low skill levels, have had a bad match, or suit a different taste in wrestling that are commonly seen in other places.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

For whatever its worth I'll simply address the "I feel like I'm reading a different forum" thing. I think its very easy and normal that if you're on the inside of a group you might not notice things that group does or you will interpret it in a different way than people outside of it will. That's not bad, its human nature. We all have our own perspective. Trusting your own perspective as the objective truth is an easy trap to fall into, and its even more tempting if you have friends reinforcing that. A thread like this should be a helpful place to hear other perspectives and try and see how this place is being seen by everyone. And I think its helpful to hear that out instead of dismissing it as sometimes happens because it doesn't reflect what you see. At least that's my take.

this whole thing started because EMF posted something wildly negative and unfunny in the AEW thread and everyone jumped on them

there really isn't an in group

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
there's an off-site lowtax exodus era discord and guess what it's mainly made up of people who don't post in these forums very much at all

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The advantage of the max matches is that they're good especially if you hate Pom.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

deliberately mispronouncing, or using non-European names as a means of mockery is racist as gently caress.

edogawa rando posted:

More like George W Poo-shi.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

I don't need to imagine it, I do it every day

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
To whichever mod/admin graciously removed my red text avatar, is it possible to restore the previous version which didn't have the offensive text?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Thank you both, i've already been in touch with a mod (or rather the other way around) about it on pms.

I have plat now for some reason? ruining my nearly 20 year streak of never having had as a user. I would like to thank my very generous benefactor but also now I'm afraid that cowards will shout at me in private when I post an insane take.

Luckily I saved my sole avatar earlier so I had it on hand already although it took a little searching.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

A talking coyote posted:

I don’t see the point of the cornette thread if you guys want to get rid of the only person who wants to post in it.

People want to discuss the latest Cornette travesty without it infecting other threads. Which is how this started.

Also, Cornette rarely says something interesting about old school wrestling/technique that people want to talk about

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
here's some feedback I would rather the feedback thread was not used to import epa poo poo in to PSP or become an EPA-lite

your fyad lite wrestling forum is dead and no one cares to read or post in it

suck it up and don't poo poo up PSP with it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Hammond Egger posted:

LividLiquid is part of a marginalised group. They felt that even though the Acclaimed are also parts of marginalised groups that they were still fomenting the same kind of reaction towards marginalised groups that Donald Trump was facilitating. The collective absolutely dogpiled LL for making the comparison and it ended with a quote that has stuck around in the first post of the AEW thread for over a year now. LL just popped into an AEW thread a while back to politely ask if it could be removed because they felt personally attacked every time they saw it. No matter what you believe about how it was said or whether it was valid or whatever, why the gently caress couldn't anybody just say "oh yeah we've got a shitload of stuff in that post already, it really doesn't matter to us if it helps you feel more like a member of our community" and get rid of it? It's a rhetorical question by the way, I already know the answer and it's why I've basically done an overly prolonged banme request.

This is what Lividliquid actually said for reference:

LividLiquid posted:

I get up to check on dinner when The Acclaimed are on. I just can't begin to enjoy their work and they come across as the kids whose parents don't pay enough attention so they scream curse words until everybody's looking at them.

So, pretty much Trump. Which you'd think would make me want to see them get beat, but I just can't begin to care beyond wanting the edgelord teenagers who don't know poo poo to stop reminding me of being an edgelord teenager who didn't know poo poo.

which was rightfully mocked

If LL had specifically mentioned the bad Acclaimed rap about rape rather than "kids whose parent's don't pay enough attention" as being "pretty much Trump" this insane take would have been taken more respectfully

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
You mean the one that doesn't directly reference LividLiquid in any way shape or form? There's no right to feel like you belong to a community (and the something awful forum isn't a real community, it's a group of strangers having a conversation at best) especially if you said something dumb and got mocked for it.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Hammond Egger posted:

Thank goodness we have the posting police here to dictate what constitutes good posting (links to The Rock saying shut the hell up on YouTube) and what deserves to get mocked forever.

I didn't even remember what LividLiquid had posted 2 years ago now until you brought it up. The answer is always :justpost: normal poo poo about wrestling and everyone kind of forgets.

Being so insecure that even being tangentially reminded of it causes emotional pain is not the responsibility of the forum.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
For the record Penguin Patrol was given a perma for continuing to be creepy in admin dms:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037949&pagenumber=2#post533504264

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Maybe they confused PSP for the Enclosed Pool Area?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol I didn't even say anything aggro about EPA this time around instead I suggested in the broadest terms that maybe the joke threads would be better in the joke thread forum

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Rename the forum the great jase space again

The latest news is too funny

Edit: no rename the Chris regal thread because we got one of our own now

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MotU posted:

Bet Sematary

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Emi Suckura

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Big Slow

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Tummy Kiss Oildome

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Passionate Stomach Pecks

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
AEW Hell thread is turning towards in-fighting. Maybe it needs a break? Or shut down? Negative views only threads tend to go toxic at some point anyway.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
all hate threads turn toxic without exception

The Devil angle is resolved and the thread is already barely able to handle the Jericho misconduct allegations seriously

plus people are getting shoot mad at each other and that's a gross vibe. There's a reason why you can't quote bad takes from the forums in the Regal thread.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Benne posted:

It's not a "hate thread" it's a place for people to air their legitimate criticisms and frustrations without being drowned out by a bunch of toxic positivity bullshit

are you reading the same main AEW thread as I am? plenty of people saying the pape sucked

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
What I want out PSP is for more people to vote in The Greatest Match Since 2019 Tournament thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053086

Currently the WON Award Best Match of 2021 and *****3/4 rated Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks Cage Match is losing to that DDT match where they had to avoid breaking a light tube

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Truly the only good thread is The Greatest Match Since 2019

Currently voting is tight between Meltzer six stared, WON 2023 Match of The Year, Omega vs. Ospreay in the Dome and a hard hitting non-comedy match from DDT that Dave neither rated nor watched
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053086&pagenumber=5#post538027842

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I think the Hell thread is ready to take a break

Once Mel Mudkipper sees it as an invitation to break a forum ban the mock thread rot is in

Too many real demons coming out of the portal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

plus the history of trying to get EPA shut down

yeah, I don't like it

it's a one thread forum now

EPA style posting is completely parasitic and a dead end street.

No wonder I think the EPA chat outpost thread that also breaks containment on freaks should be shut down