Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
These are always fun to read after the season ends to see how dumb we all are. I don't know what the odds might have been this time year if you bet CIN v LAR in the Super Bowl but I bet they were long.

Post your predictions here

NFCE
Eagles - Lots of help for Hurts even if he's reached the top of his game. If he regresses, Philly finishes 3rd.
Cowboys - To me, they've lost too much talent on offense
Giants - Finish 3rd due to a weak schedule
Commanders - A mess

NFCN
Vikings - My sleeper team this year
Packers - Leaning on Rodgers too much
Lions - I like the coach and the young talent. Hard to pick between them and CHI for the bottom
Bears - Fields seems to be flashing but man he has no help

NFCS
Bucs - Tom Brady. That is all.
Saints - Good defense and several decent skill players on offense
Falcons - Many view them as the worst team in the league. They might sneak up on people a little bit.
Panthers - This looks rough. Bad coach and weird QB situation.

NFCW
49ers - As Lance goes so goes SF. But I love the system and the coach
Rams - Still not a Stafford believer and expect a SB hangover or less injury luck.
Cardinals - Murray and not much else. I don't get this team
Seahawks - My pick for the worst team in the league. Definitely the worst QB situation

AFCE:
Bills - Despite me being skeptical of The Hype, real hard to pick against them here
Dolphins - Tua to Hill is going to be fun to watch
Patriots - Jones improves a little but I don't see the play makers here
Jets - Are the Jets

AFCS
Colts - Ryan will be enough here I think
Titans - Wouldn't be surprised if Willis takes the starting job here given the lack of offensive weapons
Jaguars - Doug Pederson will make a difference in a down division and I think Trevor will improve
Texans - This whole franchise seems like a mess. Unless Mills is a diamond in the rough, there's not much here

AFCN
Ravens - I love Jackson and the team's draft. They held on last year with a million injuries
Steelers - I like Mike Tomlin a lot and this looks like a sleeper team to me
Bengals - SB losers almost always miss the playoffs and take a huge step back
Browns - Are the Browns. Also have no QB

AFCW
Chiefs - I can't bet against Mahomes and Reid until I see them collapse
Chargers - Herbert looks like the real deal and they've shored up their defense. On the other hand, are the Chargers.
Broncos - I love Russell Wilson and this spot will be a race between LV and DEN for the best last place finisher in the best division in football
Raiders - Someone has to finish last here out of 4 teams that could outright win 3/4 of all the divisions in the league so these guys I guess.

Super Bowl: Chiefs v Vikings in a match no one saw coming, just like last year, in a rematch of SB4. Mahomes gets his second ring.

I don't think it'll be the Bills because that consensus preseason hype never pans out and someone is gonna get injured or something so I'm outside the box here with a Kirk Cousins redemption year, Justin Jefferson becoming the undisputed #1 receiver in the league, an underrated defense and a weird fluke year where everyone is sleeping on KC, who will bury MIN in the Big Game. Minnesota just has to better than Green Bay here. Bengals will crash and burn and finish .500.

I don't think Lance can carry SF but I like the 49ers to make it to the NFCCG again. LAR seem ripe for regression. I don't think Brady or Rodgers can carry a team all the way by themselves anymore. Miami might be a surprise, along with Pittsburgh. Somehow.

^^^^I know all that poo poo up there will be wrong^^^ but this poo poo never goes according to form so I tried to be somewhat unconventional and look for strange outliers within the realm of possibility.

Post your own wrong predictions.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bills
patriots
dolphins
jets

ravens
bengals
browns
steelers

colts
titans
texans
jaguars

chargers
chiefs
raiders
broncos

cowboys
eagles
commanders
giants

vikings
packers
lions
bears

buccaneers
panthers
saints
falcons

rams
cardinals
49ers
seahawks

best record in the league goes to the ravens. they have one of the most envious schedules ever for such a good roster thanks to how unlucky they got last season.

worst record in the league goes to seattle who play several winnable games but have no actual way to win them

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I can see the Ravens getting a huge bounce for sure and I hope Jackson gets his redemption year since I think he's awesome. I like the Chargers pick too and know it's trendy but they always seem to fall short somehow so hard for me to bet against Andy and Patrick. Do the Chargers have a good kicker this year? God drat, the AFCW is rough. The Broncos and Raiders could be legit good teams and still finish last but in any other division, they'd run away with it.

Why are you so down on the Steelers? QB? They finish at least 500 every year and I don't see how Brissett leads the Browns to anything. CLE looks like a lock to finish last there to me. PITT moving to a game manager type like Trubisky or putting Pickett in there doesn't seem all that different from what Ben has been for the last 3 years. Also, them going 5-12 or 6-11 would be huge outlier for Tomlin, who is an underrated coach IMO, and has had a winning record there every year going back like a decade.

Also, can a mod change the thread title to add "2022" in there since I hosed that up? TIA

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
NFCE
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Commanders

NFCN
Packers
Lions
Vikings
Bears

NFCS
Bucs
Saints
Panthers
Falcons

NFCW
Rams
Cardinals
49ers
Seahawks

Playoffs
Bye: Rams
Buccs vs Cardinals
Packers vs Cowboys
Eagles vs Lions

Final Four
Rams vs Packers
Buccs vs Lions

NFCC
Rams vs Lions

AFCE:
Bills
Patriots
Dolphins
Jets

AFCS
Colts
Titans
Jaguars
Texans

AFCN
Bengals
Ravens
Browns
Steelers

AFCW
Chiefs
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders

Playoffs
Bye: Bills
Chiefs vs Ravens
Colts vs Bengals
Chargers vs Browns

Final Four
Bills vs Chiefs
Chargers vs Bengals

AFCC
Bills vs Chargers

Super Bowl: Bills vs Lions

Winner: Bills

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

re: the questions about my post that i didn't notice until now. i'm down on the steelers because beans and cornbread had a fight. beans knocked cornbread out of sight. cornbread said, "now that's alright. meet me on the corner tomorrow night." - "I'll be ready, I'll be ready tomorrow night." that's what beans said to cornbread. but mostly teams sitting on top of eachother in the afcn doesn't imply as big of a difference to me there as it does to you without exact records listed. i think last place in the afcn is winning 8 games and that the browns roster was severely underrated before PFF said they had the third best roster and then that became a joke to people after that. last year aside from the ravens being destroyed the browns had a qb with no arm at all because he refused not to play hurt, and both won 8 at third and fourth place; if someone in the division does actually only win 5 games i'll be very surprised. i also don't believe in locks. last season the pre-season lock for last place was the bengals with 3 or 4 wins.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 30, 2022

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Everything that Cavauro said but Falcons

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

These are always fun to read after the season ends to see how dumb we all are. I don't know what the odds might have been this time year if you bet CIN v LAR in the Super Bowl but I bet they were long.

NFCE
Eagles - Lots of help for Hurts even if he's reached the top of his game. If he regresses, Philly finishes 3rd.
Commanders - A mess

NFCN
Lions - I like the coach and the young talent. Hard to pick between them and CHI for the bottom

NFCS
Falcons - Many view them as the worst team in the league. They might sneak up on people a little bit.

NFCW
Rams - Still not a Stafford believer and expect a SB hangover or less injury luck.
Seahawks - My pick for the worst team in the league. Definitely the worst QB situation

AFCE:
Bills - Despite me being skeptical of The Hype, real hard to pick against them here
Jets - Are the Jets

AFCS
Titans - Wouldn't be surprised if Willis takes the starting job here given the lack of offensive weapons
Jaguars - Doug Pederson will make a difference in a down division and I think Trevor will improve
Texans - This whole franchise seems like a mess. Unless Mills is a diamond in the rough, there's not much here

AFCN
Ravens - I love Jackson and the team's draft. They held on last year with a million injuries

AFCW
Chargers - Herbert looks like the real deal and they've shored up their defense. On the other hand, are the Chargers.
Broncos - I love Russell Wilson and this spot will be a race between LV and DEN for the best last place finisher in the best division in football
Raiders - Someone has to finish last here out of 4 teams that could outright win 3/4 of all the divisions in the league so these guys I guess.

Super Bowl: Chiefs v Vikings in a match no one saw coming, just like last year, in a rematch of SB4. Mahomes gets his second ring.

z
Oddly, I'm not looking too terribly bad here

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

BiggerBoat posted:

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF GENO SMITH THROWING BOMBS.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why would you think the Bills are hype?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i sucka rear end

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Why would you think the Bills are hype?

Just cause it never seems to turn out that way is all. I know they're kick rear end but it's rare when the preseason consensus pick wins it all. Picking the final two teams in August is pretty rare so I usually try to find something off the beaten path.

Why didn't you post your picks?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 20, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

NFCE
Commanders - A mess

NFCN

NFCS

NFCW

AFCE:
Jets - Are the Jets

AFCS

AFCN

AFCW

Post your own wrong predictions.

Well, sadly, this thread never took off like I expected but let's see how I did anyway.

NFCE: loving nailed it
NFCN: Nailed this one too
NFCS: This one is good. All four teams really close together. Panthers over performed
NFCW: Totally whiffed on Seattle, like a lot of people, and underestimated the Rams drop off

AFCE: I think I got this one right. Yep. 4 for 4
AFCS: Man was I way off on the Colts. Probably my biggest miss. Jags improved more than I expected.
AFCN: Had the Steelers being better than people thought but was way wrong on CINN falling off a cliff
AFCW: Had the bottom two teams wrong and was blind sided by the Denver fiasco

Overall, not too shabby, especially for me. And my Super Bowl pick is still in play but riding on MINN so...

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Good call on the Vikings my friend

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

worst record in the league goes to seattle who play several winnable games but have no actual way to win them. but, geno didn't reply to my post! Lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He didn't write back when i said that.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nervous posted:

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF GENO SMITH THROWING BOMBS.

While this dropped off somewhat from it's peak, it's still real good. But I was all doom and gloom pre season.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Russell Wilson will have an amazing run game and defense and will cook a victory meal every week to the Super Bowl :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Every year I buy a football preview magazine. This year it was a Lindy's. These were their predictions for this year.