Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
In the car yesterday I was listening to the radio (dead media lol) and I heard an ad for Reddit.

After Googling, I found that this ad was part of an ad campaign promoting Reddit in great nation of australia .

Here is the tv ad from the same campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZYEG7ErtLs

I say we help Jeffrey out and come up with the copy for a radio ad campaign to draw users to our forums. Alternatively, use vocaroo to record your radio ad directly.

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have halfway looked into the following: reviewbrah has a shortwave radio show, and sells ad space. if someone can write really good copy or record a very good advertisement, i will pay to have either broadcast across europe asia and africa.

e: reviewbrah is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSY7XH_WW8U

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

alexandriao

*car crash sound*

*explosions*

*random cat meow*

BEE

*thunder crackle*

YOHB

*wookie roar*

THE COMFIEST

(freddie mercury voice in distance) mommaaaaahhhhh

THE COSIEST

(sound like someone being burned alive)

THE WACKIEST

(scooby doo run / looney tunes run noise)

RADIO SHOW IN TOOOOOOWWWWUUUHNNN

(suddenly, relaxing musak and comfy whale noises)

(asmr womans voice) so come on down to

(asmr crackle)

poiiint

twentyyyyy

(assorted random animal noises and explosions)

Chewbecca

Are you sad? Depressed? Suffering from a lack of early to mid 2000s internet references? Pining for the halcyon days of web 1.0? Then do I have the internet forum for *you*

By registering for an account at forums.somethingawful.com you will gain access to a diversity of niche online communities. Do you enjoy anime? Environmental doomism? Smoking weed? Sticking things in your pee hole? Whatever your interests you are sure to find your people at forums.somethingawful.com.

Hope you got ten bucks hidden in those hulk hogan meat shoes of yours lol!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

google THIS

I was a loser before I discovered Something Awful Dot Com. (several seconds of silence)

Ass-penny

So do Australians not use reddit or why is there a need to advertise there. I know I don't talk to many Aussies but all Americans can seem to talk about is reddit. Like I legitimately know an ex goon and when I offered to buy them a new account he said he wouldn't use it because he's on reddit now.

Anyway I say we use that program Richard D. James (Aphex Twin) used in the song Windowlicker, that converts an image into sound waves. I propose we'd turn the infamous :goatsecx: into a sound and just loop that for however many seconds our advertising slot is for.

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

So do Australians not use reddit or why is there a need to advertise there. I know I don't talk to many Aussies but all Americans can seem to talk about is reddit. Like I legitimately know an ex goon and when I offered to buy them a new account he said he wouldn't use it because he's on reddit now.

Anyway I say we use that program Richard D. James (Aphex Twin) used in the song Windowlicker, that converts an image into sound waves. I propose we'd turn the infamous :goatsecx: into a sound and just loop that for however many seconds our advertising slot is for.

I am fairly certain Australia is the the third biggest user of Reddit behind America and Canada?

And we need this ad recorded gdi, we are losing market share! :ohdear:

Ass-penny

what if the add is just Captain Beefheart's 1969 Trout Mask Replica followed by a voiceover saying www dot something awful dot com?

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
somebody needs 2 go ahead and record their rough draft on vocaroo

if this takes 2 long it will end up being me. let's not let it come 2 this suboptimal option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Areola Grande posted:

somebody needs 2 go ahead and record their rough draft on vocaroo

if this takes 2 long it will end up being me. let's not let it come 2 this suboptimal option

I will this arvo but also, there can be many :effort: