Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

No love for Spiritfarer?

The game opens on a girl named Stella and her cat, Daffodil, meeting with Charon in the land of the dead. Charon has decided to retire and unceremoniously fob his work off on the two of them. Stella gets a big boat from a shark man, and it's her job to become the new ferryman of the dead: sailing the seas of the afterlife, landing on islands in search of the resources she needs to build up her ship and accommodate the departed spirits who wish to come aboard.

Keep your spirit passengers happy by fulfilling their requests, building good homes for them, talking to them, and of course giving them regular meals & hugs, and they'll help Stella out with plans for kitchens, gardens, foundries, and other facilities to expand her spiritfaring operations.

But of course, the nature of the job means none of them are sticking around forever. You'd better be ready for that. No, really.

Spiritfarer does get pretty grindy, but it's an absolutely beautiful and unique take on the life sim genre. Or is it a death sim?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

i am playing touhou mystia's izakaya

days you walk around an overworld map, do some sidequests and gather ingredients, nights you play a diner dash game. sometimes rare customers in who are actually characters and unlike the generics they don't tell you what dish they want from your menu but you have to figure out what traits they like in their food and drink and serve it to them. make rare customers happy and they start giving you sidequests that lead to new recipes and helpers.

seems it has a surprisingly amount of content. im still in the early game but eventually you can get like 3 workers to do everything for you in the kitchen and you just focus on the rare customers.

This game is really cute!

I guess that's no surprise, it's Touhou

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Count Thrashula posted:

Aside from Stardew and Portia, what good lifestyle/chore sims are on the switch?

I have a newborn, so ideally something I can sink a ton of hours into in the middle of the night while I'm up with him

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

In Sakuna, when do I get access to the 'seed sorting' mechanic? Lots of beginner tips give recommendations for it, but I still haven't seen it.

You should have access to mud sorting from the get-go. Salt sorting unlocks once you've obtained enough salt.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sorry, I was wrong about it being available from the start. Once seed sorting unlocks, it'll be during tilling time at the start of Spring. There'll be a bucket in the back left corner of the storehouse.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pretty much, but make sure not to overfill the triangle or your rice might become overgrown & spindly.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

are they cute

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Luna's Fishing Garden was alright

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

unknown friend zoned again

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Talorat posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for a good chill numbers go up game? I played and liked Stardew Valley, Dredge, Potionomics and Dinkum. Did not like potion permit or Story of Seasons Olive town. What would be the best game to play that won’t feel stale or like a rehash of what I’ve played before?

Spiritfarer

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

One of the things I forgot was that iron is the first material not bronze.

how ironic

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

Going to grab the Deluxe version because it includes flake tools right from the start.

combine Wirt's Leg and a Tome of Town Portal for the secret cow tools

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Odd question, forgive me for asking!

Are there any "Princess Maker" or similar style 'parent raising child' RPG games where the 'player' is a girl? (Also like wholesome is a must.) I have someone looking for something in that field but I'm not sure of any good recommendations. In this particular case the 'mother raising a child' element is important to the person. Thanks!

Volcano Princess, maybe

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

welp

Princess Maker 5 lets you choose to be a mom but I have no idea if it's any good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mineko's Night Market is out

https://store.steampowered.com/app/762940/?snr=1_5_9__205

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

turn on your monitor

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Act now for Early-Early Early Access*

*title screen where all the menu options just CTD

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Megazver posted:

There is a lot of devs who try to make cozy games about cooking, but cooking never actually struck me as very cozy. Like, have you read Kitchen Confidential or watched any Gordon Ramsey? That can be entertaining, but it's not *cozy*.

Cooking minigames are usually just fiddly busywork and games where you're a professional chef are usually pretty stressful.

the professional chef industry is a twisting warren of absolute psychopathy

this is why good restaurant games feature preternatural savants who can just skip most of the actual cooking work, like Mystia's Izakaya, or do it all for you, like Dave the Diver

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 30, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MGR: Revengeance but you also have a farm

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

would something like Magical Diary or Black Closet count

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

You're a jerk, whoever suggested DQB2. The characters are hideous and it doesn't have the character stuff I loved from other games and the controls kinda clunk in my hands, so I wasn't gonna get sucked into it if I tried the demo, right? WELL here I am, ten hours later...

:getin: except it's a swole cockney miner instead of a frog

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dirk the Average posted:

The most distracting thing about DQB2 is expecting all of the human characters to go super saiyan at the drop of a hat.

this only happens in the presence of bunny waitresses

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

XSEED is having a big sale on Steam this week. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is on sale for $15, not to mention lots of Rune Factory titles, Friends of Mineral Town, Potionomics, and Little King's Story.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 21, 2024

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Silver Falcon posted:

Cows would be right out, of course,

incorrect

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

librarerun posted:

In that same vein, another game I always wanted was an iteration of this ancient Lego Java game called Stormrunner: you crashed on this alien world, but instead of going out yourself, you build robots and program them to explore and collect poo poo for you. Granted, I was lazy and always used simple programs that were basically direct control rather than actual autonomous programs, but still! It was a super cool idea, and I've never found a game since that quite did what it did. Factorio is the closest, I suppose, but that's still quite different in gameplay, even if the vibes were spot on.

Duskers, sort of

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

I will simply collect enough bear asses to craft a freezer!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Umbreon posted:

If you hadn't just bought the what?

the werewolf cyoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Touhou Mystia's Izakaya has officially announced English language support for the whole game and all DLCs...although the announcement is titled "ENGLISH VERSION SURPPORTED!" so ymmv

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 2, 2024