Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Sivart13 posted:

I played Stardew pretty hard when it came out, but I dunno if I can go back to the vanilla experience now that I've played games where you can craft from chests and whatnot.

Will ConcernedApe be mad at me if I start a new save with the Better Chests mod?

Modding things that annoy you is the correct way to play the game, but crafting from chests in particular is something you can just do in the base game now. Buy a Workbench from Robin and stick chests on either side of it. When you craft from the workbench, it pulls the materials from the nearby chests.

Nothing wrong with using mods anyway.

And if you haven't played Stardew since it came out, boy howdy there will be a lot of new stuff for you to check out. The game received some massive updates since it launched!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Sivart13 posted:

I got far enough on release that I was making star fruits in the greenhouse and making boucoup bucks, 63 hours apparently. Just didn't stick with it for the Year 3 rating.

I've tried to pick it up again to go to the island, but it feels like an archeological project. I'd love to top off my relationships with all my town friends but the last time I gained any hearts with them was before the Trump administration.

that being said, if I decided to restart for a second and probably final run at it, should I pick the normal farm or one of these crazy ones?

I'd suggest the new Meadowlands farm! You start out with a coop and two chicken friends. The blue grass growing on the farm makes animals gain friendship faster when they eat it. If you're sick of cornering the market on Ancient Fruit wine, doing an animal-focsed run might liven things up for you!

There are also fish ponds, introduced in the last patch, which I find very cool and fun. You fill them with fish you catch, and they give you prizes. The prize depends on the fish. Super Cucumbers periodically give you Iridium ore, for example.

Oh and you can do remixed Community Center bundles on game start, which also helps to freshen things up.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

uhhhhhhhh, have you not seen her human form?

I beat Rune Factory 4 ages ago and uh what? I don't remember seeing anything about this. Is it something that got added to the Definitive Edition? Didn't play that one.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Talorat posted:

Actually genuinely I think you’re on to something here. There’s lots to love about cities, why isn’t there a cozy city life sim. Why must everything be rural!

I could actually see a cool life sim concept based around a single city block or apartment building. I do think you need a strong gameplay hook to replace the farming though. Maybe go the racettar route and have your character run a store?

You wouldn't necessarily have to completely remove the farming. Your character could have a rooftop garden, with the option to install a greenhouse, chicken coop, etc. Cows would be right out, of course, but rabbits/chickens/pigeons, etc. could work.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Zesty posted:

Steam Farming Fest until May 6. Might be a good time to pick something up.

I picked up Rune Factory 3 Special. The timing was good. I was running out of things to do in this run of Stardew.

I went into the forest and instantly got owned by some goblins. Heck yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

LLSix posted:

I kind of want that now.

I especially want the explanation for why, presumably carnivorous, werewolves are farming.

Werewolves gotta make money somehow!