Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

edit: It fixed itself after I changed back to my old GPU

Overwatch started minimizing when my mouse goes to the bottom of the screen.

As I invested the problem I found many thing wrong that I’m assuming are all connected because my wifes computer has none of these things happening.

Windows now thinks my refresh rate is 143.998hz

The mouse wraps to top of screen when it gets to the very bottom.

Like windows thinks the very bottom of my monitor is the very top of my screen. I see a bit of my mouse peeking from the top of my monitor when I take it down to the bottom of my monitor and also it causes applications to lose focus.

I tried an older cable because I got a longer one recently.

No effect.

I tried the last version of Nvidia drivers

No effect.

I poped my wifes GPU into my system.

No effect.

When I was in safe mode with no video drivers it still wrapped to the top of my screen.

Plugging our 4K TV in does make my display work correctly, but the TV has the wrapping bug now and windows error report started using like 25% of my CPU.

I’ve never seen anything like this.

My computer forgot how the bottom of the screen works.

Edit: people told me my refresh rate being slightly under 144 is normal but my displays used to correctly show exactly 144 and 60 so I think it’s suspicious that both of them are now showing slightly under what they’re supposed to and the bottle of my display is somehow connected to the top on both.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

It almost sounds like the computer thinks there are multiple displays being used. Check the settings and make sure only one monitor is showing.

What is the OS and is it fully updated?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Zogo posted:

It almost sounds like the computer thinks there are multiple displays being used. Check the settings and make sure only one monitor is showing.

What is the OS and is it fully updated?

Windows 10 fully updated.

Display settings show the correct number of monitors but I have been unplugging and plugging in a 4K television a lot.

When I plug the television in the display actually works correctly and my mouse is stopped by the bottom of the screen but the problem moves over the TV.

This weekend I’m gonna toss in an old SSD I have lying around and install windows on it that way I can see if it’s hardware or software.

This installation of windows has to be close to a decade old maybe I finally found something I can’t fix.

Other suggestions I got today was uninstalling the display if that is showing up in device manager, and using the built-in windows registry fixer.

I’m going to move the displays around in display manager so that way the bottom of my display is actually the top of another display and see what windows thinks of that.

edit: It fixed itself after I changed back to my old GPU

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 1, 2022

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I popped my old gpu back in last night, fired it up and put it to sleep.

Came home from work today and it has fixed itself.

Refresh rate still says 143.998 but I no longer see the mouse at the top of the screen and overwatch wont minimize if I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen.

Never expected this because it was consistently bad all last night.

Gpu swap must have reset some code or something.

It vanishes as weirdly as it came.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 1, 2022