Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Simone Poodoin posted:

Have they added the feature to chose a land type as default?

not yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

What were the bugs? And if you file a ticket for the draft, it is very likely you will be given your gold back for maximum +EV.

I'm aware, in both drafts if I dragged a card to my selection pile, the card sometimes vanished. It still picked it, but I couldn't mouse over it or see it in my pile, so I had to by vague memory for some stuff.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

PlayDMU is the new code for dominaria, i think the op should list the freebie codes if it doesnt (skimmed it!)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Onehandclapping posted:

I'm aware, in both drafts if I dragged a card to my selection pile, the card sometimes vanished. It still picked it, but I couldn't mouse over it or see it in my pile, so I had to by vague memory for some stuff.

That's unfortunate, it looks like that bug has persisted since NEO(?) I think, then it stopped happening in SNC.

I think the way to reproduce it is to have a card "in hand" like you are dragging it to your pile when the timer runs out. The client at that point freaks out and turns the card invisible.

:thunk:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Lone Goat posted:

Cut Impede Momentum for Phyrexian Espionage. I also want to find room for Gibbering Barricade as a good blocker, maybe instead of Haunting Figment or 1 Shore Up?
I can see Gib vs Fig, I'm never cutting the Shore Ups, so good. But really, you'd put Espionage over Impede? I really like Impede, it's like a removal for a very long time, and I'm suprisingly light on removal. There's a lot of stuff I really want gone for a while and it seems perfect for the deck. Whereas the Espionage seems clunky and overpriced and kinda eh in general?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Yo I hit the queue and then canceled, but apparently threw me into a game anyway? I queue up again after messing with the deck and I'm two turns deep with the old version all of a sudden. Freaking bunk for sealed, man.

Kull the Conqueror fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 1, 2022

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Playing a Sultai deck in draft, and it’s pretty fun. The simic 3/3 that turns your lands into 3/3 flyers once you hit 7 lands has been great.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lmao what

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Simone Poodoin posted:

I am going to pay in game gold for the beautiful stained glass lands. Have they added the feature to chose a land type as default?

The default land type is whatever your latest acquired land is, I believe.

I would like a land randomizer so that I don't have to add in like, 13 different plains manually. I also want my old Ajani avatar back :argh:

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i hope they dont replace the old jaya av art with the new one

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Onehandclapping posted:

Something extremely weird happened in my first draft where I opened a Jaya planeswalker, I dragged it over and it transformed into a Monstrous War-Leech

Unless I’m completely losing my mind this occurred. Gonna file a ticket for it.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I just got a full refund for both drafts, so go get ye money back for your minor issues, they've got no problems handing it back to you.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mike N Eich posted:

Something extremely weird happened in my first draft where I opened a Jaya planeswalker, I dragged it over and it transformed into a Monstrous War-Leech

Unless I’m completely losing my mind this occurred. Gonna file a ticket for it.

I've had this, thought I misclicked but then the original card appeared in my draft pool at the end

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Should you be able to use Cut Down on a creature that's been dealt combat damage, thus reducing it's P/T to less than 5?

Like if I block a 3/3 with a 1/1, making it a 3/2 until eot, should Cut Down work? Currently does not but I dunno if it's supposed to. I assumed it did and failed

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

I've had this, thought I misclicked but then the original card appeared in my draft pool at the end

Good christ that just happened! Jaya is back! But it totally derailed my draft and I went in a completely different direction. Christ.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Mr. Meagles posted:

Should you be able to use Cut Down on a creature that's been dealt combat damage, thus reducing it's P/T to less than 5?

Like if I block a 3/3 with a 1/1, making it a 3/2 until eot, should Cut Down work? Currently does not but I dunno if it's supposed to. I assumed it did and failed

damage does not reduce base stats it is a state based check against toughness, cut down checks base stats (which are affected by -1/-1 counters)

some judge will correct the accuracy of this

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Well, credit to WOTC they immediately refunded my gems. But I'm bummed I don't get to play with Jaya in this draft.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fucker posted:

:gonk:

the classic ajani avi...

lol awesome

would have been even better if they had the balls to just straight up delete the Jaya avatar

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm holding off on playing out that other draft until tomorrow so I spent some time with a new Standard deck

Went 7-7 in testing. My initial thoughts:

The curve of Delver, Balmor, Ledger Shredder + Instant feels great when it lines up, especially with a flipped Delver. I feel like with 21 instants Delver has a solid chance of flipping here.

Past the initial turns, the reach of the deck is with Bloodthirsty Adversary on 5, and Eruth and Battlewing Mystic to refill the hand. Maybe the Djinn would be better than Mystic but I'm not ready to spend WCs on it lol, in any case 3 mana for a 2/1 flier and draw two cards seems good. Eruth has good synergy with connive -- if you're hellbent you just draw 2 and don't have to discard anything (missing out on counters perhaps but by the time Eruth is out the Shredders are usually 3/5 or higher already). Also 2/4 body is pretty good to trample in with.

Fading Hope is for tempoing out big creatures. Slip out the Back is protection or to phase out a flying blocker. Play with Fire and Consider are no-brainers (they're played in the Historic Wizards deck). Abrade and Lightning Strike split, for face damage and for dealing with artifacts -- I think 1/3 of the opponents i faced were Anvil decks so I think it's worth maindecking lol.

While typing this up I think that Otherworldly Gaze might be worth putting in?

Edit: aw yiss

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 2, 2022

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mr. Meagles posted:

damage that's marked on a creature does not change its toughness. A 3/3 creature with 1 damage marked on it has total power and toughness equal to 6, not 5.

some effects give creatures "-X/-0", "-0/-X" or "-X/-X." these effects do change a creature's power and/or toughness. if an effect gives a 3/3 creature -1/-1 until end of turn, its total power and toughness is 4 until end of turn.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

Have they added the feature to chose a land type as default?
mtga devs:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I know that the general wisdom is "don't rush to spend your wildcards on new stuff, wait for meta to settle down".

So I instead rushed to spend all my wildcards from new packs on OLD stuff that I've been eyeing for awhile: namely, all kinds of cool Zombies from VOW and MID.

Been using this list so far, still figuring out whether I'll stick with it, but it's been doing some solid work on Standard ladder today.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 2, 2022

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
lmao my games bugged out. i assume its trying to notify me that there are new starters, but when i flick to the decks tab it doesnt clear the icon, presumably because i still have the old starters and do not have the new starters,

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Trophied for the first time in a premiere draft with a Bant pile I neglected to save. Darian P1P1 and that GWW queen that has P/T equal to number of creatures at P1P2 solidified the GW and the 3/3 lifelinker that draws at EOT somewhere in pack 2 just drove it all home. Added in some flyers and some green stompy dudes and mostly clogged up the ground while my flyers went over to win.

I kept wanting to try Domain, and at the moment it really seems like the booby trap for greedy folks. I do think it's already a better multicolor set than SNC though. lol. lmao.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I packed a Jodah on my free pack, gonna brew myself a legend brawl deck

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

rickiep00h posted:

Trophied for the first time in a premiere draft with a Bant pile I neglected to save. Darian P1P1 and that GWW queen that has P/T equal to number of creatures at P1P2 solidified the GW and the 3/3 lifelinker that draws at EOT somewhere in pack 2 just drove it all home. Added in some flyers and some green stompy dudes and mostly clogged up the ground while my flyers went over to win.

I kept wanting to try Domain, and at the moment it really seems like the booby trap for greedy folks. I do think it's already a better multicolor set than SNC though. lol. lmao.

So far it feels like Domain is good as an incidental. The Simic flyer that lets you basically scry the top of your deck for as many cards as you have basic land types has been great for me, but I’m in three colors and that ability is going to be useful at basically any number, so the fact that it’s Domain is like a nice bonus.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://accounts.platform.wizards.com/account

For entering codes in mobile should probably be in the first post.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I tuned into Sam Black's stream just to see him go 2-3, which tbh is kind of a morale boost.

All the streamers are basically marathoning 12+ hours of this huh

Edit: it sounds like Defender Bird Generators is his early favorite archetype

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 2, 2022

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

6-3 with my first draft playing a domain deck. Lost to Tatyova twice. Takeaway: Domain might be good, Tatyova is definitely good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

EmotionlessThug posted:

6-3 with my first draft playing a domain deck. Lost to Tatyova twice. Takeaway: Domain might be good, Tatyova is definitely good

edit lmao he regrowthed the weatherseed treaty again the next turn and read ahead

edit 2: oh he actually lost... wow

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 2, 2022

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

wotc putting these fugly borders on the kick rear end glass lands has my brain in an absolute pretzel

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy crap that Jeskai sweeper looks busted

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Played a draft and sealed. Went 6-3 and 7-2. Had a lot of fun. My sealed was Temur domain, had 6 dual lands in those colors. Silverback Elder was better than I thought it would be. One game had it and Tatyova which was disgusting to bring out more lands. Draft was golgari, that got so much better when Pack 3 pick 2 I got passed a Nemata. Had two cutdowns In that deck. When I had it early it felt great, but a lot of times it ended up being a dead card. Lot of 3/3’s I wanted to kill.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy crap that Jeskai sweeper looks busted

It's not. Burn Down the House is straight-up better, there's almost no use case for a 7-mana sweeper that only deals 5 damage even if it keeps your planeswalker around, especially when Farewell exists, does the same job better, and costs 1 less.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Shrecknet posted:

It's not. Burn Down the House is straight-up better, there's almost no use case for a 7-mana sweeper that only deals 5 damage even if it keeps your planeswalker around, especially when Farewell exists, does the same job better, and costs 1 less.

Charlie saw it played in limited, seemed decent there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In draft sorry

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Oof.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
I'm playing a 'domain' deck in Sealed. It's real in that you want to use dual lands whenever possible due to kicker costs.

Kicker can push a 1/10 card to 8/10 (see Tear Asunder), so cards are tough to evaluate at first glance because of the variance.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Chord_O_Calls/status/1565337315022516226?t=ERMsEDgfQJ7Hz-TTEHclYA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

First sealed for DMU: https://sealeddeck.tech/YbkxiUcUfD

Creatures

Spells/Planeswalker/Land

Deck Draft

I could be fixating on the Ajani, Sleeper Agent creating a blind spot. Don't think I can go 5c with this fixing, curious if I should play tap lands for domain. Basically debating between GWu or GUw.

Levin fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 2, 2022