Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Murktide regent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The sale said 10% off, but the gold price was 6750. More than 30% off.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Just having a normal draft run where I've used fae of wishes to pull mirrormade, cauldron of eternity and mystic sanctuary.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Domed someone for 8, plus life drain, by using an elsewhere flask with corrupt.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The bloodbrawl sleeves are currently 0 gold or 0 gems in the store, if you like free spiky footballs

dunno if this has been mentioned.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

None of the retro artifacts are legal in explorer, right?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Not often you get to kill someone by thinking real hard at them.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I'm still waiting on them to uncouple pet noises from emotes.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Someone give me some thoughts on cuts here. A lot of good stuff to use but I'm not sure what exactly the gameplan ought to be other than the ramp into some big dumb idiots part.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

irencrag feat

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

At one point my opponent had me down to 2 with a prison sentence on drafna.
My win condition was one unearthed attack with the teresian mindwhatsit.

Started using the smaller version so I wouldn't draw cards from battery bearer. Yet another plus for honey mammoth golem.
Dirty stuff.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

even better, it's a 1/2

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

What are other funny cards for a harmless offering/fateful handoff deck for explorer?

So far I can think of treacherous blessing, Codie, demonic pact, and experimental frenzy.

Then of course you can maybe try fateful handoff with leyline binding and stuff.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Little things to know: If you cast an invoke despair at an opponent with, say, a mayhem devil, a trail of crumbs and a vraska, they only get one mayhem devil trigger.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Getting a bug where someone concedes game one, and the game just sits there without going to sideboarding.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Or perhaps the servers are just hosed more generally, that could be it.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ya the green nykthos deck does wacky things, it's fun.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Almost certainly the wrong play versus a fires deck, but I am required to do this if they allow me to

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

^^ The events flag for drafts and stuff and the match table for ranked and non-ranked, near the top in the play menu.

FYI there are buttons to claim rewards in the mail messages.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If it loads up the kaladesh background you already get the fwip fwip fwip anyways

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

This deck is not great but it's sorta gets somewhere. Paradoxical outcome for explorer with nykthos, the blue leyline and a dirty oracle win con. Someone out there is going to do this idea again, but good.

Deck
4 Leyline of Anticipation (M20) 64
4 Omen of the Sea (THB) 58
4 Paradoxical Outcome (KLR) 61
4 Moonsnare Prototype (NEO) 69
3 Corridor Monitor (ELD) 41
4 Witching Well (ELD) 74
2 Thassa's Oracle (THB) 73
2 Gadwick, the Wizened (ELD) 48
4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx (THS) 223
2 Sai, Master Thopterist (M19) 69
2 Sea Gate Restoration (ZNR) 76
1 Otawara, Soaring City (NEO) 271
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
2 Flood of Tears (M20) 59
18 Island (BRO) 271
1 Network Disruptor (NEO) 71
2 Vantress Gargoyle (ELD) 71

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Bad deck alert! :siren:

Still needs better ideas. Did manage this, though:

Deck
4 Leyline of Anticipation (M20) 64
4 Omen of the Sea (THB) 58
4 Paradoxical Outcome (KLR) 61
4 Moonsnare Prototype (NEO) 69
4 Witching Well (ELD) 74
3 Thassa's Oracle (THB) 73
2 Gadwick, the Wizened (ELD) 48
4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx (THS) 223
2 Sea Gate Restoration (ZNR) 76
1 Otawara, Soaring City (NEO) 271
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
3 Flood of Tears (M20) 59
18 Island (BRO) 271
4 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
2 Omniscience (M19) 65

Sideboard
1 Omniscience (M19) 65
2 Alrund's Epiphany (KHM) 41
1 Overflowing Insight (XLN) 66
1 Sea Gate Restoration (ZNR) 76
1 Portal to Phyrexia (BRO) 240
1 Spell Pierce (XLN) 81
1 Aether Gust (M20) 42
1 Flood of Tears (M20) 59
1 Disdainful Stroke (GRN) 37
1 Disruption Protocol (NEO) 51
1 Test of Talents (STX) 59
1 Ray of Frost (AFR) 68
1 Witness Protection (SNC) 66
1 Jace, Wielder of Mysteries (WAR) 54

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 3, 2023

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

if you don't know, probably the game is going to have a hard time knowing deterministically

I guess it might be cool to have a way to reveal your hand to your opponent at any point

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You draft against bots and then play against players. It's not a huge issue but expect to eventually run into other players putting together decks which abuse the blind spots in the bot's drafting preferences.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Peteyfoot posted:

Regarding Liliana's ultimate ability, any tips for deciding how to divide an opponent's permanents effectively?

You can also do stuff like put their dual lands and the basics of their primary color in one pile, and their nonland permanents with their splash color lands in the other pile.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Bugsy posted:

Bolt hound pet zapping across the screen.

The original green dog slobbering is so much worse. Amazing how they one-shotted out a pet that made me turn off the system forever.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

hey, you can click up the line as far as you have orbs on the dumb mastery pass cosmetics and it'll fill them in all at the same time.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

blightbelly rat into tyvar seems like a solid little synergy

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Did the thing after 4 other middling results. 7-1, 5 games on the draw.

iirc it was all poison kills. The poison from the overrun actually finished 2 or 3 games.

Lost to a burn spell to the face.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I actually made use of both modes on molten rebuke to win a game. Did 5 damage to the golgari 1/5 guy and blew up the equipment that would have kept it alive. Swung for lethal.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Don't think you're getting there on the poison plan, so look there to start. Curiosity and shepherd out at the least.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

auras too

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Yesterday I had the most amazingly grindy draft game as temur oil against a player on blue/white artifacts. I had churning reservoir and rustvine cultivator pumping out a 1/1 every turn, conduit of worlds recurring cankerbloom or the reach spider to chump block fliers, and the clone sword turning those tokens into extra copies of those two. At one point they used blue sun's twilight just to steal the cultivator. Eventually just let them mill themselves out with tamiyo's logbook.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Fizzling usually happens when something makes the target illegal before the spell can resolve. It's still targeting a non-land permanent so it's fine.

Casting, part of which is paying costs, all happens before the other player can respond.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If your mousewheel has a button for free spinning you can wheel all the store items way off the side of the screen.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Arena will blow right through "You lose the game" triggers even if you have a stifle in hand, so ya, you need full control.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

ctrl-shift

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I'm gonna brew up some kinda deck that's got permeating mass, tetsuko and fynn, and it's going to be real bad.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Current gimmick deck idea is spell queller, elite spellbinder and soul partition with dranith magistrate, lavinia and souless jailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Gremlin deck.