Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Played a draft and sealed. Went 6-3 and 7-2. Had a lot of fun. My sealed was Temur domain, had 6 dual lands in those colors. Silverback Elder was better than I thought it would be. One game had it and Tatyova which was disgusting to bring out more lands. Draft was golgari, that got so much better when Pack 3 pick 2 I got passed a Nemata. Had two cutdowns In that deck. When I had it early it felt great, but a lot of times it ended up being a dead card. Lot of 3/3’s I wanted to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

7-1 with this draft:

I opened King Darien, wanted to kind of force green/white but wasn't quite as open as I would like. I was getting late pick Phyrexian Warhorse which seemed great with the Darien and Queen I already had. I wheeled plaza of heroes which was amazing for mana, and in pack 3 I opened Rith and decided to spend the rest of that pack picking any duals with red so I could cast it. It worked much better than I thought it would. Whenever I got Zar down it was game over without a response. One game an opponent played Phasing Zhalfir straight to number 3. I used Plaza to protect Zar, then my zombies were all bigger than theirs and it was completely game over. I played against an amazing defender deck that was really good. I had to use citizen's arrest to prevent losing to the miller, and they had 10 1/1 birds in play. Unfortunately those birds had to chump block Rith/Rith tokens and I was able to get so much air superiority they gave up. Without Rith I would have 100% lost that game to all those birds.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

So want to make sure my defender deck is perfect so asking for advice before I play. I got insane number of playables, but every time I saw a good land there was something I convinced myself I needed, usually a chaplain. Is the 2x Raven Man with Academy Wall too cute? Both Knights are normally great, but wondering if I should cut the black one in this deck. Have two walls, Haughty Djinn and a Talas Lookout in the sideboard I haven't played.

Guess I am thinking Knight of Dusk's Shadow out and maybe Clockword Drawbridge in?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Boxman posted:

I've got enough WCs for an explorer deck. Something top tier? Spirits? Something dumb? Gates? Something else? What's fun in there?
Someone in this thread posted this Boros goblins list. It seems very fun and well positioned in the meta. I am waiting till I get the hordemaster from Dom U drafts but I am planning on running it.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Another 7-1 draft for me! :toot:

I really prioritized lands here, and my deck was a lot better as a result. I wish I had more Tolarian Terror's, but I passed some for lands and don't feel that bad about it. Shout out to the last game where my opponent was clearly holding a wipe and I turned into aggro, used Gaea's might to protect the Keldon flamesage. They finally stabilized but I was able to use Tolarian Geyser to bounce my own Meria's Outrider and burn them out of the game.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I think this has been my best draft deck this format. It was great:

I P1P1 Jodah, and did want to build around him. I think I picked every legendary I saw, not enough. P1P2 was Drag to the Bottom though, which is very easy to build around. I was hurting for removal, but multiple times was able to use Volnar to recur Tribute to Urborg, then Urborg Repossession back. Liliana didn't come up much but was great in draft. I also think Ivy is better than her 17lands rating would suggest. Just baseline 2/1 flyer for 2 is great, and the extra text came up only once when an opponent used take up the shield when we were both at low life and we both got to gain life. This pushed me up to halfway up Diamond 2 and I beat 2 mythic players (and one gold player for trophy lol).

edit:

Lone Goat posted:

Lhurgoyf is a do nothing Big Dummy in a format chock-full of Big Dummies and good removal, I'm taking Phyrexian Espionage.

It's funny that the way that pack one shook out with multiple Eerie Soultenders, War Leech, Tear Asunder and Cult Conscript, there was a pretty good GB grave deck, but I'm not p1p1ing the goyf in the hopes that that deck is open. I would take it mid pack if I'm already in that deck though.
This madman did 5-0 a modern league with Urborg Lhurgoyf. I don't think that means it is an amazing card, but is truly very fun to see.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 26, 2022

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Panderfringe posted:

It should be noted that Explorer isn't exactly supported. There was one extremely mediocre Explorer supplement and that's it. There's no premier events, no official tournaments, nothing. It's also there least played constructed format, DOA, and I expect wotc to patch it out of arena within a year.
I think supposed to be another explorer announcement in 30 year stream in 30 minutes. Also explorer is fun.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Free gold in the shop today!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

7-2 in my first draft! :toot:

2 Phyrexian Dragon Engine's and 4 recommissions let me discard and draw 3 a lot. It was great.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

How do I get Arena to let me order the cards in the bottom of my library? I'm currently playing this sweet Charbelcher deck and 3-0. Charbelcher might be worst card but I did just top deck it and do 7 to someone's face as they were maybe stabilizing. However whenever I use it Arena just automatically puts cards on bottom, even when I have 17 cards and am reveal 10.

Also I feel like I should be playing the 3 perimeter patrol's in the sideboard (it has been a great card whenever I play it), but not sure what to cut.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Try holding Full Control when you activate belcher? Impulse from DMU would auto bottom your cards but you could manually do order them with control. On pc it's ctrl+shift, no idea how to do it on mobile. Try practicing against sparky before you play another live game.
Full control works! Thank you very much.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Try holding Full Control when you activate belcher? Impulse from DMU would auto bottom your cards but you could manually do order them with control. On pc it's ctrl+shift, no idea how to do it on mobile. Try practicing against sparky before you play another live game.
Went 7-1, including 1 where I was able to order every card in my deck and dome them for 12 and then 7 the next time. Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate. Was not able to get the exact screenshot I wanted, but still below.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Guys just letting you know casting corrupt is very fun.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I have to pick the worm here right? I really wanted the serpent.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

^ sorry but yes you do

Very glad I did. Double Gaea's Gift onto Wurmcoil is the only way I beat this Portal to Phyrexia & Howling Mine gamer.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Went 7-1 with an absolute dream of a mon-red deck. P1P1 Thran Spider, P1P2 Steel Exemplar (which was really amazing), P1P3 Sardian Cliffstomper. P3P1 was only pick that was hard. It was between Autonomous Assembler, Obliterating Bolt and Sardian Cliffstomper. Because I had the self-assembler I went with the autonomous, which did help it in the game I drew it, but never got to fetch and play it. The cliffstomper did wheel, which was what I was hoping for. Bitter Reunion was consistently very good, maybe I should have played the other. Getting rid of lands, and later letting me hit with 6+ haste. Wish my curve was better and more 4 drops, but it was a very funny deck.

Bonus, double cliffstomper in action:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

fadam posted:

Any word on Brave the Elements?
It’s in! Last three cards I saw shown were Brave, Nykthos and Mana Confulence which turned the anthology from meh to great for me.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:negative: yeah that makes sense, I was trying to find some way make moment of defiance a clean 1 for 1 but 5 power was a lot... and the harvester is advantage but I still need to be more conscious of, I'm not really thinking about how it can exile unearths when I'm guessing that is the main reason it is so high in WR

Yeah sometimes you want to throw it away to get a research desk from your opponent so they have less outs. It’s a really versatile amazing card.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I don't know if I love that for mono red. You will not be able to trigger the goblins as much as you like with only red and no desks/chromatic stars. The strongbulls do not have as many targets as I would like to trigger them. They are obviously both still good cards - but not used to their fullest extent here. In mono-red I would rather have swiftspear than goblin's I think, here is a mono red deck I had that went 7-1;

2 cliffstomper's and one steel exemplar to benefit off of the mountains, which I think is much more where you want to be in a mono color deck this format.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I haven't been able to do any decathalon yet, but decided to do the Bo3 draft today. Got an easy 5-0 (I think I only lost 3 games) with a B/U Draw 2 deck. Hardest match against a sweet soldiers deck with Seige Veteran, Skystrike Officer and Adaptive Automaton. Will definitely have to try to get 2 more. I mainly play explorer when not drafting so that, and IDK what the third will be.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Ultimatefire posted:

Will you post the deck? B/U draw 2 has totally mystified me in BRO draft, I've done more than one 0-3 thinking I had a decent deck with it.
At the gym - will post when I get back. I P1P1 Gixian puppeteer and did not feel great about my deck before playing. Only 10 creatures and not the best curve, but I did have 3x trench stalker. Your decklist looks much better and I think would crush mine.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Ultimatefire posted:

Will you post the deck? B/U draw 2 has totally mystified me in BRO draft, I've done more than one 0-3 thinking I had a decent deck with it.
Deck:

It was good, but I felt a big weakness was not enough small creatures for my Gurgling Anointer and Puppeteer to get back. I do think the biggest brain play I had was someone killing an Annointer with an empty yard and using Thraxodemon to sac and bring back the other creature immediately.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Just got to 4-1 in explorer decathalon and took a break for matchmaking. Beat mono white, rakdos waste not?, azorious control and some insane golgari midrange with Titania and self mill and gain lands. Felt bad for that guy cuz got two graveyard trespassers both games, could not execute his plan at all. Lost to mirror made some bad mulligan and game choices. Will go for it after.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

fadam posted:

Are you on RB?

Oh yeah. Thought I said this. Did 3-2 previously as mono white.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fritzler posted:

Oh yeah. Thought I said this. Did 3-2 previously as mono white.
And on RB got the 5-1, last game against mono green with two bad hands for them. So out of 3 tries, 2 tokens. Hopefully I can get the last one.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I did a bot draft for my third token, went 7-1 in my first draft. I thought my draft was way too greedy, splashing too much in 4 colors. I went 7-1.

I hadn't done NEO since it came out, but it is really fun. I just tried to play value creatues with a shrine subtheme, and it was really good. Wouldn't have minded more removal (I did pass a twisted embrace in favor of Boseiju reaches skyward, wish I could have ahd both).

So in 4 decathalon attempts I got 3 tokens, excited for the sealed event.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Have a cool gruul beat down deck with 3 adaptive automatons. Almost lost to someone on the draw doing nothing till Sheoldred turn 4 followed by that blue draw 3 and proliferate to gain 8 life that turn. Top decked and fight spell and 2-for-1'ed myself to kill sheoldred and finally beat down. Would have been very mad to lose in another format to Sheoldred, although I am sure that will still happen eventually.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Looking for help on cuts for this UG deck. Should I just cut all the 2 mana cantrips? I can't stop thinking how good the proliferate is with the 3 Atraxa's Skitterfang. Are 3 immobilizers too much? Predation steward doesn't do much but don't want to cut too many early creatures.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Milled someone with Jace in limited. It felt good. I know I was probably winning regardless with a rat on field and them at 9 poison but I don't care.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Went 7-1 with a U/B deck (with two planeswalkers lol). It did feel really good, I am not sure if I should have played both retrofitters. It felt really good whenever I cast it, but I really didn't have that many artifacts to enable it. Whenever I got Jace or Kaito on the field I won easily. I know these aren't supposed to be the best colors, but when really open they can still perform. One loss to a deck that played two Bladehold War-Whips in a row on turns 3 and 4.

Deck:

Wins:

Another mill win:

Beating a Nissa with my Jace/proliferate

Beating an Elesh Norn that played two Ossifications the turn after Elesh Norn

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

In limited drew my only out to their Phyrexian Vindicator & Sheoldred.

They charge of the mites to kill my emperor after and I eventually lost to poison damage even though I had a 8/5 Mandible Justicar with Trample and Lifelink. This was at 6-2.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Don't underestimate the Emp's +1 here, getting rid of their Vindicator until their end step is probably the play here because it completely changes the balance of combat
I understand that - but thought I needed to get rid of Sheoldred too. Was killing them and putting them at insurmountable lifegain lead too.

Algid posted:

Did they drop another creature or just charge for 1?
They used charge of the mites at instant speed on my end step to get another two creatures and kill emperor.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I got two quandrix apprentice’s in my MWM and splashed for a Sedgemoor witch. 2 adventurous impulse. Played 5 games. Won 4, decked out with opponent at 1 life once. Also in 4 of the games got to organize my entire deck. It was great.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

There’s no sealed phyrexia on arena right now right? I don’t normally play sealed so wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing it. Doing an rcq sealed on Thursday and Saturday so wanted to practice.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Correct, Sealed is usually only out for the first two weeks of a set.

Makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Currently 2-0 with a Lurrus draft deck and 4 copies of Wrenn's resolve. It is very fun, but not sure I will be able to go the distance.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

I had 5 copies of Wrenn's Resolve in a deck and thought it would have so much gas, but it turns out that if the rest of your deck isn't jacked to the tits with cheapos, it's usually too slow to be repeatedly desired.

However I am looking forward to revisiting my standard red deck which wins.

I do have a lot of cheapos.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I lost to a Jegantha companion being used to cast invasion of alara. Honestly cool.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

'Felt bad for my opponent on this one. I played turn 3 and 4 invasion of Amonkhet - then blinked them with Yorion. They said nice then played invasion of shandalar to get 3 best cards back. Next turn I cast see double and copied my Yorion. They conceded but honestly would have been close with how many cards are in my deck left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Just beat mythic #219 who good-gamed me early then conceded to my removal.

edit:

thespaceinvader posted:

OK how do you get a companion into a draft deck? I have Umori in sideboard, and zero non-creatures but it's not showing in the COmpanion slot.

I think you do have to go back into deck building after you have drafted. So go to screen where you would battle and then click deck again and you should be able to drag it.