Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I picked Jodah and cruised to an easy 3-0. My cosmetic sucked though so that’s karma for picking the op deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Historic Brawl is currently the best non-limited format in my eyes. I don't play any cancer queue commanders and I only face off against them occasionally.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I remember some magic gurus thinking it would be good but not fantastic.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I miss the old thread title.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Eight-Six posted:

I'm that guy, I'm just playing my mono-B standard deck in midweek alchemy before meathook gets the Big Exile, I'm not sorry

edit: also when the heck did these show up

Pretty rude to list them at a cash price instead of in-game currency.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Sure, give me more stuff. I don’t play enough to get out of diamond.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

If you don’t custom select your lands, you are a basic b.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Urcher posted:

I didn't realise I should be making a mill deck going in. 2 of my losses were a turn or two away from milling out my opponent and a couple more Secretkeepers might have made a difference. Now I know for next time.

Thanks for the feedback.

The joke name when Eldraine was only on bot draft was “Throne of Milldraine”

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Wtf. Chef John kicks rear end.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I almost never see Curse of Silence in h-brawl. Wash Away is common though.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

kalel posted:

I would say it's uncommon

Hah.

I actually run Curse of Silence in my Reidane h-brawl deck as well but the entire goal of that deck is to get the opponent to concede out of annoyance.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I know that I really enjoy casting Invoke Despair because it’s so appropriately named.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Or when you have no cards in hand and top deck an Invoke Despair in the perfect situation...

So good.

Not quite an Embercleave feel but somewhere in that realm.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

precision posted:

Out of curiosity I made a mono black deck to test what I suspect and yes, you can get lots of people to scoop early just because mono B is so hated

I'm only running two invoke even lol

I upped it to 3. Its not necessarily better but it is funnier.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I almost claimed that but then decided that I was t worthy of your sacrifice.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Jump In! Is fun. I was mildly disappointed (not really it was free) to find that its phantom because I drew Soldiers and it had a bunch of cards I wanted.

I played the crap out of the old Jumpstart when it had exclusive lands.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Mono-white has been a straight path to mythic for like the last two years. Ride it to the top if you want.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I get to Embercleave on fools with Explorer. That makes it okay at a minimum.

i only ever touch it for an event though.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Don’t ban Sheila!

It’s doesn’t even really seem like the wincon for mono-black decks. Just a target to gobble up removal while Tenacious Underdogs bury you in value.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

They released some brawl precons for… Throne of Eldraine?

I used one as the bones of a commander deck.

Just seems kinda redundant when EDH is thriving.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I tried a Raven Man discard deck for Mid-week Brawl. 3 easy concedes because people just don’t like discarding.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

the great thing about Historic Brawl is that you can just concede with no penalty and move on to the next game as soon as you're not having fun.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I play out my H Brawl games unless the outcome is both obvious and tedious. I also don’t complain here when i get dunked on.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Giada, Font of Hope seems like its in that top-tier as well.

Clock-man is pretty annoying, for sure.

edit: Maybe Yawgmoth but I've never used him. I get matched up against the 5 color decks almost exclusively when I run Shrines and sometimes with Lilliana.

imagine dungeons fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 31, 2022

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

complaining about decks is ABSOLUTELY not the purpose of this thread. In fact, it is the worst part of this thread. It really sucks rear end to see a bunch of posts on a thread you follow and it’s just a bunch of whining about easily remedied stuff. Don’t like a deck? Play a deck that specifically counters it.

Or, and this is may be crazy, but just accept the game as it is and work AROUND it instead of of constantly banging your head AGAINST it.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Chevill just being handsome is a pretty good animation.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Zefiel posted:

Guys talk me out of blowing 4k gold on that Junji Ito Elesh Norn, I'm a big fan of his 'Cat Diary'

I guess do you plan on running Elesh Norn in any decks?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Is Rusko still rampant? I stopped playing H-Brawl for a bit because it was inescapable.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Oh cool. I don’t mind seeing a Rusko every now and then (it’s an interesting deck) but it was oppressive for a while and I just ended up conceding a lot, which I typically don’t do until a game is decided.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

flatluigi posted:

they did in fact put go-shintai of life's origin on arena with historic anthology 6

If you go for it, be prepared to only play against another shrine deck or a 5 color commander as that’s pretty much all I get when I play my shrine HBrawl deck.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

You're pretty safe crafting any deck regarding rotation as it doesn't happen until September.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

A Moose posted:

Does R&D even design alchemy cards? I think those are made by the Arena devs, which would explain the overall quality and how it's just slightly above r/custommagic

I never really thought about it but you’re probably right! That explains a lot about alchemy.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Mono-red has been in a pretty good place lately (excepting toxic decks pushing them out this set).

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Always
Be
Cleavin

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

When hell is all full, the Clockmakers will walk the world.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Crying Hedron is even better than Sleeping Hedron, imo.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

It’s just removal like every other color has (except green lol).

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

lol what is it with the worst posters in the arena threads also being hosed up perverts that get banned. Bust Rodd, Dias, this most recent idiot, I feel like there was one more.

Can’t wait for the next one!

edit for content:

The board states in this set are hilarious. It really feels like marshaling giant armies against each other.

imagine dungeons fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 1, 2023

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I thought BRO was really good but I also had a 63% win-rate (that's really, really good for me) so I imagine that colors my opinion of it.

ONE... not so much. My win-rate was positive (barely) but I wouldn't say the same about the matches. I got weird anxiety playing out ONE matches for some reason. It was kind of a flavor miss for me as well. They leaned too hard into Hellraiser territory I think.

MOM is super fun so far. The board states are complicated but I also get to make some galaxy brain plays that make me feel accomplished and good about my play-time. I am also a bit glad to see some optimism creep back into the flavor of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

(I'm still genuinely surprised they haven't patched that set-release infinite money bug and hit everyone who took advantage of it, but i guess it's more or less impossible to tell who was intentionally abusing it and who just didn't know/understand it was happening)

I probably made 2500 gold without realizing it. I kept queuing up and saying “wtf” when my quest wouldn’t complete. Didn’t look at my gold total until someone in this thread mentioned it was a bug in our favor.