Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Fajita Queen posted:

I just threw together a historic brawl deck last night to try it out and now I'm 8-0 with an azorius pile thats just stuff ive accumulated from occasional drafting over the years. Current commander is Dovin, Hand of Control but that's mostly because I don't have any wildcards to buy something fancier and he's decent at wasting my opponents time.

All of my wins so far have been either snap concedes when I counter something on turn 2-3, or long drawn-out grindfests where I repeatedly reset the board and they give up. It's so much fun having all the fun.

I want to start working towards some upgrades, but is it true that matchmaking is mostly based on perceived deck quality? If that's true then maybe I shouldn't.

Finally started historic brawl and it’s a ton of fun, found the quickest way to get a snap concede is to somehow mind control the enemy commander.

I don’t know the meta but are historic brawl goblins viable? Browsing options look like they could do damage but odd I haven’t seen anyone running that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Questions about drafts, is the actual process of picking cards against humans but then are the games against a general pool of players who weren’t in your draft? And is there any time limit on playing the games, or can you play them out over a month with no penalty?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

got some chores tonight posted:

yes. the latter (you just have to play them before the format rotates).

Ah thanks for confirming.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Whoa two draft tokens & 4K xp as an apology for technical issues? I hadn’t even known there was a problem but I’ll take it.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Starsfan posted:

is that between 2 accounts? cause I only got 1 token and 2k experience :(

Nah I’m on mobile & got the goblin apology email twice for some reason, only one account. Mashed the claim button in case they were scrambling to fix that too.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I don’t normally buy secret lair stuff but oh man being offered the opportunity to have Wallace Shawn cardbacks might be too tempting.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Jabor posted:

they've allegedly punished people who were scooping thousands of ranked games so that they'd be exclusively matched against potatoes when climbing to mythic, so i wouldn't do your quest cheese in ranked just in case.

do it in the play queue and you'll run into a bunch of other people doing exactly the same thing - it's polite to also let them get their first land drop/1 mana card play in before conceding

Man how do people have unlimited free gaming time for that. That feels like aversion therapy to get someone to stop playing.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

In a draft match Resilient Roadrunner was a superstar against a green blue deck with no haste cards. Every turn kept pecking and it was somehow enough.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Someone playing three consecutive Tinybones Joins Up to begin a draft game is a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Bugsy posted:

It’s not you, it’s that wizards hasn’t balanced brawl tiers since alchemy ixalan loving poq entered the format. So sick of that loving cat.

It is fun to counter & watch them instant scoop as they have no plan b.